Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - whattya watching?

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

whattya watching?

The forum to discuss our hypnotic box. Talk old-time television to what's on this very minute.

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

whattya watching?

Postby Xenorama on July 1st, 2005, 2:28 am

i rarely watch many new shows now- the Simpsons, King of the Hill, wow, that's about it since they cancelled Joan of Arcadia.
well, that and wrasslin'.

David
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

whattya watching?

Postby Lunkhead on July 2nd, 2005, 5:49 pm

Same here. Occasionally I'll watch a made for TV movie, like those B type things on SciFi. The tons of commercials make it rough though.

Have to admit, upon my wife's urging, I finally watched a reality show. It's called Fire Me...Please! The premise is for 2 people to attend their first day on a new job and do all kinds of irritating things in order to get fired. The one who gets canned closest to 3:00 without going over wins $25,000. I like it is because it's similar to CANDID CAMERA. Watching the employer's reactions who are unaware of the gig is pretty funny.
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

watching

Postby Lunkhead on July 5th, 2005, 6:38 pm

USA network has some of the best shows today IMO. MONK is probably my favorite current series and about the only one I go out of my way for. I also like THE DEAD ZONE and THE 4400, though I don't get to see them too often.

I like THE SIMPSONS too.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

What I watch on TV

Postby Brighto Salesman on July 15th, 2005, 12:31 pm

In no particular order:

The New Yankee Workshop - PBS / HGTV
Lost
Mythbusters - Discovery Channel
American Chopper - Discovery Channel
Nip / Tuck - FX
Rescue Me - FX
Philadelphila Phillies games ESPN or local. Because I like to experience pain equal to Moe poking me in the eyes or hitting me in the head with a monkey wrench.
Brighto Salesman
Pumpkinbrain

Phillies pain

Postby Lunkhead on July 17th, 2005, 6:12 pm

Philadelphila Phillies games ESPN or local. Because I like to experience pain equal to Moe poking me in the eyes or hitting me in the head with a monkey wrench.

LOL!! Brighto. I hear ya!

To quote Ed Wade: "If we just play up to our ability, yadda, yadda, yadda..." How many years have we been listening to that?

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Watcha watchin

Postby Exile on August 14th, 2005, 1:47 pm

As for shows currently on the air, Battlestar Gallactica is the best, and I wish that the new season of Doctor Who would be aired in the States.

As for shows that are gone (but not forgotten), here's my top list.

1. Doctor Who (Classic Series)
2. The Prisoner
3. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
4. The Avengers
5. Green Acres (this one doesn't really match with the others)

:shemp1:
Exile
Pumpkinbrain

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on December 16th, 2005, 10:30 pm

I like many of the shows on the History, Biography, Science channels and my main favorite now is "Seconds from Dissaster" on the National Geographic channel. This one is facinating to say the least. They look at some type of accident, investigate it, then put it together with a timeline of the facts. Tuesdays at 9:00pm.
I also like Great Military Blunders on the History channel.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

shows

Postby Lunkhead on December 17th, 2005, 9:48 am

THE PRISONER & THE OUTER LIMITS are my 2 all-time favorite series. Currently rewatching OL, slowly I might add. Also thinking about another round with Number 6.

My son has the first season of LOST on DVD and I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on February 5th, 2006, 10:21 pm

Everybody loves Raymond.
Yup, my Dad got me hooked on this one, good scripts and I kinda got a bit of a crush on Patrica Heaton, well um, a regular sized crush, she's cute!
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on February 8th, 2006, 6:14 pm

I watched a lot of "EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND" when it first aired and enjoyed it. As you say, the writing was very good and Patricia is a doll! A rare, actually funny contemporary sitcom.

I also enjoyed when Ted Danson's "BECKER" used to follow it on Monday nights. Also a hoot.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on July 11th, 2006, 10:24 am

DangerkittyToTheRescue wrote:Everybody loves Raymond.
Yup, my Dad got me hooked on this one, good scripts and I kinda got a bit of a crush on Patrica Heaton, well um, a regular sized crush, she's cute!

Yup, still hooked on this one, watch it every weekday evening, still got a bit of a crush too. TBS plays a 6-pack on Wednesday evenings but I usually doze off on the sofa watching it after a couple of episodes.

Ok, get this, I actually walked down to Blockbuster and rented a DVD of the first season. Holiday week schedule messed up my viewing. I was bummed out though, only had 6 episodes on it. I was thinking like they must have had at least a dozen episodes on the first season?!
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on July 17th, 2006, 12:22 am

I'm guessing the rented DVDs may be released as partial 'Volumes' of the first season because of the time to view a number of episodes during a rental period. The listing for the first season DVD set mentions 22 episodes => Raymond
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Wilytank on September 8th, 2006, 3:11 pm

I, unsuprisingly, watch the 3 stooges on spike.
But when Band of Brothers is on I'll watch it when I can.
Official spammer executioner
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on September 10th, 2006, 11:00 am

If you ever see the little "stoogemercial" on Spike where the boys "fix" things set to classical music, please let me know what episode it was on. I will go through and find that short (on my tapes) and hopefully it will be on there. That one is the all time funniest, starts off with Moe, Larry and Shemp being asked by the lady "Did you fix it?" and a whole ton of clips set to classical music follows

I just saw a couple of episodes of Band of brothers, didn't realize that Tom Hanks and Steven Speilburg produced that one, like to see it all the way through someday.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Wilytank on September 11th, 2006, 3:12 pm

I especially like the episode were they land at normandy. Lots of action.
Official spammer executioner
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

Return to Boob Tube