Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - STAR TREK (TOS)

STAR TREK (TOS)

What TV series gave you the creeps as a kid? THE OUTER LIMITS, THE TWILIGHT ZONE or NIGHT GALLERY? Spout it here. Newer stuff's ok too. The current OL episode is SECOND CHANCE

Moderator: Xenorama

STAR TREK (TOS)

Postby Lunkenstein on January 26th, 2008, 11:46 am

My eldest son got me the complete first season of STAR TREK, the original series for Christmas. I've only watched the first 3 episodes so far, but it's great seeing these again especially in their original form. They can keep the revised CGI versions. This is the real thing and the prints look beautiful. I plan to buy seasons 2 & 3 when I'm able, as they've finally come down to a more reasonable price ($43.90 each at DeepDiscount.com).

These shows take me back to being a kid. I still remember seeing the series premiere, THE MAN TRAP, in Sept, 1966. I was 11 then and watched it with my dad. We both thought this new series looked pretty cool. I saw the next few eps, but missed many when I started taking karate in early 1967 (lessons got me home just too late for the show). I did see mostly all of seasons 2 & 3 when they first ran, and of course watched everything countless times during the syndicated craze of the early '70s. My best friend and others used to quote the series constantly during high school. It seemed to work with any situation at the time.

The DVD sets are packaged nicely in plastic cases resembling a communicator (I think). I believe each set has bonus material as well. I'd certainly recommend these sets for STAR TREK purists. My youngest son is enjoying them with me - the stories, characters and effects hold up really well. Beyond all the fanaticism, this is in reality one great, landmark series which changed science fiction on TV. Seeing Kirk, Spock, McCoy and the rest back in action, and the ending credits in full screen (and not squeezed to the side, running lightning quick to make room for TVLand advertisements) makes this set a treasure.

Image Image
Lunkenstein
Fiend Behind the Face

STAR TREK (TOS)

Postby Xenorama on January 27th, 2008, 12:13 am

and they are so young in these shows. i bet the sets come down in price once the new "improved" cg uselessly needed sets are released, since the dumb fanboys will want to unload their sets.

great show!

David
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

Re: STAR TREK (TOS)

Postby Lunkenstein on January 29th, 2008, 6:06 pm

Xenorama wrote:and they are so young in these shows.

Quite true. It's fun seeing the characters develop. So far, I've watched THE MAN TRAP, CHARLIE X, and WHERE NO MAN HAS GONE BEFORE (the second pilot). Really good stories, productions, and YES - effects! The planets, ship and space don't look at all dated to me. They just look even cooler on these crisp DVDs. I love em.

Image Image
Lunkenstein
Fiend Behind the Face

Return to Scary Shows