Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - GHOSTHUNTERS

GHOSTHUNTERS

What TV series gave you the creeps as a kid? THE OUTER LIMITS, THE TWILIGHT ZONE or NIGHT GALLERY? Spout it here. Newer stuff's ok too. The current OL episode is SECOND CHANCE

Moderator: Xenorama

GHOSTHUNTERS

Postby Afa Dollah on March 22nd, 2008, 1:27 pm

Has anyone else been checking out GHOSTHUNTERS on the Science Fiction Channel? It comes on Wednesday nights and has some genuinely creepy things happening. They use lots of high tech gear and sometimes capture some pretty interesting images and sounds, sometimes things moving around, glasses breaking and other stuff.
"Take your stinking paws off me, you damn dirty ape!"
Afa Dollah
Imbecile

Re: GHOSTHUNTERS

Postby Lunkenstein on March 22nd, 2008, 8:13 pm

My daughter likes it quite a bit and I've watched some episodes with her. They do come up with some eerie things. There was one recently about Fort Mifflin in Philly. Some of my friends and I made a short, amature film there in high school in the early '70s. Didn't realize then it was supposed to be haunted. (We filmed during the day and I'm thinking that may be a good thing now) :)

I do enjoy the show. I guess they have to embellish at times to keep up the interest, but some of those images and sounds are quite scary.

A couple summers back, we took a bus tour of haunted locations in Cape May, New Jersey. That was very cool, atmospheric and thought provoking. Below is a picture of a house where the ghost of a woman who lived there is said to return on certain dates. (I brightened it a little because it was photographed at night)

Image Image
Lunkenstein
Fiend Behind the Face

Postby Afa Dollah on March 25th, 2008, 1:59 pm

Yeah, I've always wanted to do one of those Haunted City tours, like Haunted LA or whatever. I bet that was pretty cool. I think tomorrow night the Ghost Hunters are going to an inn in Gettysburg where some Confederate ghosts are supposed to be haunting. The trailer shows a picture frame on a table moving, so there must be some other activity as well.
Afa Dollah
Imbecile

Postby moe-jo on March 25th, 2008, 2:18 pm

Afa Dollah wrote:Yeah, I've always wanted to do one of those Haunted City tours, like Haunted LA or whatever. I bet that was pretty cool.

My sister went to London (as she often does) and she got to take a tour of the Haunted Tower of London. The tour takes you around the old part of the city where Jack the Ripper committed his crimes. I think she said there was a haunted Harry Potter tour too, but I don't remember.
"I am not what I am." Iago, from William Shakespeare's Othello
moe-jo
Mongoose

Postby Afa Dollah on March 25th, 2008, 4:06 pm

Going to London would be really great. One day I hope to get over there. I'd like to see the Tower, that has a reputation as having several ghosts. Taking the Ripper tour through Whitechapel would be a "must do" for me. Maybe your sister will take you along one of these days, so be nice to her!! :wink:
Afa Dollah
Imbecile

Postby moe-jo on March 25th, 2008, 5:47 pm

Afa Dollah wrote:Maybe your sister will take you along one of these days, so be nice to her!! :wink:

Afa, if you met my sister, you'd realize that it's verrrrrrrrrrry hard to be nice to her...:disappointed:

As for going to London, yes! I would definitely go! I've always wanted to go to Europe. I MIGHT like the Ripper tour, but as for going throught the Tower, no thank you! :smug1: I do not like haunted houses!
moe-jo
Mongoose

Postby Afa Dollah on March 26th, 2008, 4:38 pm

Afa, if you met my sister, you'd realize that it's verrrrrrrrrrry hard to be nice to her...

Sorry to hear that, moe-jo. I know how hard it can be for siblings to get along sometimes.

But for a trip to London, just keep repeating, "London, London, London," in your head while you are kissing up to her. :wink:

It's a skill that will come in handy later when you're talking to your boss. :laugh1:
Afa Dollah
Imbecile

Postby moe-jo on March 26th, 2008, 4:43 pm

Afa Dollah wrote:But for a trip to London, just keep repeating, "London, London, London," in your head while you are kissing up to her. :wink:

Good strategy! I'll do that over the phone because she lives in New Hampshire. :smug1:

Afa Dollah wrote:It's a skill that will come in handy later when you're talking to your boss. :laugh1:

Let me take this moment to make a quote from the Spongebob Squarepants Survival Guide:

1. When he [your boss] starts to attack, bop him in the gills (which are very sensitive).
2. Then run out (just be grateful you have a job!) :laugh1:
moe-jo
Mongoose

Postby Afa Dollah on March 26th, 2008, 5:02 pm

moe-jo wrote:1. When he [your boss] starts to attack, bop him in the gills (which are very sensitive).
2. Then run out (just be grateful you have a job!) :laugh1:

Excellent thinking. I will have to remember that for my next job, wherever that is.... :laugh1:
Afa Dollah
Imbecile

Postby moe-jo on March 26th, 2008, 5:04 pm

Refer to the "Krusty Krab Training Video" for further job survival tips. :laugh1:
moe-jo
Mongoose

Postby Afa Dollah on March 26th, 2008, 5:27 pm

I'll have to pick up a copy if it's loaded with helpful job tips like that. Amazon, here I come!!
Afa Dollah
Imbecile

Postby moe-jo on March 26th, 2008, 5:31 pm

Or you can watch Nickelodeon.
moe-jo
Mongoose

Return to Scary Shows