Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - THE MUSIC BOX (1932) - Laurel & Hardy

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

THE MUSIC BOX (1932) - Laurel & Hardy

How about other classic comedy teams, films and shows? Let's hear it for Laurel & Hardy, Abbott & Costello, The Marx Brothers, The Honeymooners, etc.

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

THE MUSIC BOX (1932) - Laurel & Hardy

Postby Lunkhead on April 19th, 2006, 10:23 pm

Who else loves this wonderful comedy? It's the famous Oscar winning short of Stan and Ollie trying to deliver a piano. They have to carry it up steps (ala AN ACHE IN EVERY STAKE) over and over again, as the mechanical blunder-box keeps making its way back to the bottom.

I remember laughing at this when I was very young - L&H were on TV a lot back in the '60s. Later, I bought the colorized VHS version in the '80s, and it quickly became a favorite of my first son. We literally wore the tape out. I came across this again recently on TCM in the middle of the night. It's also on DVD now, which I must get. Absolutely hysterical - plus it has Billy Gilbert as the distraught owner of the house the duo wreck.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

here you go!

Postby Xenorama on September 4th, 2007, 8:05 pm

how about some pics?

i was here about two weeks ago.

that's the street sign to tell you where you are.

here's the rather dirty sign to tell you about the short:

i'll have a few more in a bit.

David
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

Postby Lunkhead on September 4th, 2007, 8:50 pm

Very cool, David. I love that short.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Afa Dollah on September 5th, 2007, 11:33 am

Excellent photos, very nice. I'm going to try to make it over there someday as well. This is one of my favorite comedy shorts of all time. I saw it once at a Sons of the Desert meeting; it was teemed up with the Stooges in ACHE, and some other shorts. Also a Superman cartoon. Good matchup, lots of fun. I have a copy here on VHS.
"Take your stinking paws off me, you damn dirty ape!"
Afa Dollah
Imbecile

Re: THE MUSIC BOX (1932) - Laurel & Hardy

Postby CharlyWalkslikethis on April 13th, 2009, 5:26 pm

I saw this a bajillion times as a kid till I was sick of it, but several moments are incredibly funny.
Olly keeps ending up in the pond.
The hat mix-up.
Saluting at the end when the Star-Spangled Banner starts playing.
"And then he kicked me."
"He kicked you."
"Yes officer. Right in the middle of my daily duties." (daily duties is another phrase that has entered our family culture)
"Don't you think you're bounding over your steps?"
Now I feel like watchin' it again!
"Bein' there's no other place around the place I reckon this must be the place I reckon."
CharlyWalkslikethis
Pumpkinbrain

Postby Lunkhead on April 18th, 2009, 8:35 am

I sure wish L&H would get released in DVD box sets here in the US. There are a couple good compilation sets from Europe, but I don't have a region free player.
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby moe-jo on June 4th, 2009, 6:35 pm

Me too, Lunk. I love Laurel & Hardy. I asked for them for my birthday but I didn't get any because they aren't in the US... :frown:
"I am not what I am." Iago, from William Shakespeare's Othello
moe-jo
Mongoose

hacks

Postby Xenorama on June 4th, 2009, 6:49 pm

go here- http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks
and that should help with cheaper region free DVD players.
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

Postby Lunkhead on June 20th, 2009, 10:48 am

Thanks Megs!
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead