Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - Favorite Comedy Teams, Comedians and Shows

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

Favorite Comedy Teams, Comedians and Shows

How about other classic comedy teams, films and shows? Let's hear it for Laurel & Hardy, Abbott & Costello, The Marx Brothers, The Honeymooners, etc.

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

Favorite Comedy Teams, Comedians and Shows

Postby Lunkhead on November 21st, 2006, 3:19 pm

What/who are yours?
Here are mine:
(Sort of a general, expansive list)

The Three Stooges
Abbott & Costello
Laurel & Hardy
The Marx Bros
The Honeymooners
Gilligan’s Island
The Dead End Kids/The East Side Kids/The Bowery Boys
Jerry Lewis
Bill Cosby
Mel Brooks
Woody Allen
MASH
Taxi
Everybody Loves Raymond
Becker
Cheers
The Addams Family
The Munsters
The Dick Van Dyke Show
The Andy Griffith Show
Leave It to Beaver
McHale's Navy
Green Acres
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on November 22nd, 2006, 7:53 pm

I will add,,,,,

Mary Tyler Moore show
WKRP in Cincinatti
Some of the Seinfield shows.
Three Stooges (of course)

My dad got me hooked on Everybody loves Raymond.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Re: Favorite Comedy Teams, Comedians and Shows

Postby CharlyWalkslikethis on April 13th, 2009, 5:31 pm

Geez! Narrow topic huh? Here we go (don't hate)
1. Get Smart
2. That 70's Show
3. The Three Stooges
4. The Marx Brothers
5. Seinfeld
6. I Love Lucy
7. The Andy Griffith Show
Other - Don Knotts at just about anything (though he never topped his Barney Fife character), Adam Sandler's pretty good, I loved White Chicks one of the funniest movies I've ever seen, Superbad Michael Cera and Jonah Hill are both funny, Accepted (also with Jonah Hill) is another good'un. There's other stuff I really like too.
The above is all subject to change depending on my whims.
Last edited by CharlyWalkslikethis on April 28th, 2009, 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Bein' there's no other place around the place I reckon this must be the place I reckon."
CharlyWalkslikethis
Pumpkinbrain

Postby Lunkhead on April 18th, 2009, 8:45 am

Good ones, Charly. I haven't seen it for quite some time, but I always liked GET SMART. Super funny.
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby CharlyWalkslikethis on April 28th, 2009, 4:44 pm

Don't ask me how I left Jerry Lewis and Dean Martin two of the best ever off that list but I did.
I liked Leave It to Beaver (you need to get that edit fixed) and I Love Lucy as well.
Stand up comedy is a new favorite of mine and the best of best as far as I know in comedy is (and I don't know how I left this out either|) DANE COOK! The man is unbelievably funny. You're thinking "like where on earth did that come from" as you're listening to him.
Another great is Frank Caliendo. He'll do a drop-dead on impression of John Madden, Pat Summerall, President Bush, Scooby and Shaggy, Jim Rome, and even Charles Barkley.
Brian Regan is the other very good one. "I walked on the moon."
"Bein' there's no other place around the place I reckon this must be the place I reckon."
CharlyWalkslikethis
Pumpkinbrain

Postby Lunkhead on April 28th, 2009, 11:43 pm

CharlyWalkslikethis wrote:(you need to get that edit fixed)

Are you having trouble with editing your posts, Charly? It seems to be working ok for me.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby woodworks on June 8th, 2011, 1:17 pm

][b]Archie Bunker kix ass in All in the Family :):):) :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1:
By blackglove at 2011-06-08
By blackglove at 2010-12-22
woodworks
Pumpkinbrain

Postby moe-jo on June 10th, 2011, 3:46 pm

Laurel and Hardy were absolutely terrific. They're my most favorite.

Others:
The Three Stooges
The Marx Brothers
Abbott & Costello
M*A*S*H
Three's Company
The Addams Family
All In the Family
"I am not what I am." Iago, from William Shakespeare's Othello
moe-jo
Mongoose

Postby woodworks on June 14th, 2011, 10:50 am

Lucille Ball is my number one laff lady of all time :):)
By blackglove at 2010-12-22
woodworks
Pumpkinbrain

Postby Jacobden on August 22nd, 2011, 10:29 pm

Here I am telling to you when i am free then i like to watch TV Shows. These all shows are very interesting shows.
1. House
2. NCIS
3. Criminal Minds
4. Family Guy
5. The Office
6. The Game
7. The Amazing Race
8. Greek
9. Lost
10. Prison Break
Jacobden
Pumpkinbrain

Postby Lunkhead on December 21st, 2011, 9:03 pm

I watched the Encore special about Jerry Lewis last night (A Method to the Madness) and it was a great tribute. Somehow, I forgot to put Jerry on my original list as well. Loved seeing his movies as a kid in the theaters. THE BELLBOY (1960) is an outright classic which I always like to revisit.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Return to Comedy Classics