Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - "Would You Believe..."

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

"Would You Believe..."

How about other classic comedy teams, films and shows? Let's hear it for Laurel & Hardy, Abbott & Costello, The Marx Brothers, The Honeymooners, etc.

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

"Would You Believe..."

Postby CharlyWalkslikethis on April 13th, 2009, 5:42 pm

Any Get Smart! fans out there. Not the movie. The show that was the catalyst for the movie. This is my favorite (don't hate) comedy show/movie/random thing to laugh at ever. Don Adams is AMAZING in his role and his voice is SO perfect for his character. This show has so many great episodes and moments that they're impossible to list and I have only watched like 20 of them at the most.
Don Adams' catchphrase was "Would you believe..." after which he'd give whatever wild idea he wanted you to believe. Or "Sure. It was (whatever is being discussed)" Then he'd catch himself and repeat it in a quizzical tone.
One of his best "lines" was "The old --------- trick. E.G. The old painting in the keyhole trick, The old page them over the intercom, lure them into the telephone booth and then spin the booth around trick
Anyway comedy genius. I've laughed my way through many episodes of this "Bond Spoof."
"Would you believe... it's my favorite?"
Favorite moments, phrases, episodes, characters (Mr. Bob anyone), or just "Yeah I like it too" lemme know.
"Bein' there's no other place around the place I reckon this must be the place I reckon."
CharlyWalkslikethis
Pumpkinbrain

Re: "Would You Believe..."

Postby Lunkhead on April 18th, 2009, 8:52 am

I loved this show when I was growing up in the '60s. Got to see some of it again when Nick at Nite reran them in the late '80s/early '90s? It's been a while. Amazon.com has all 5 seasons bundled together for $129.99 => GET SMART Man, that would be sweet. I just can't afford it right now.
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Return to Comedy Classics