Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

Rules and Guidelines

Welcome to the Lair! Please read our Board Guidelines and Rules.

Moderator: Xenorama

Rules and Guidelines

Postby Lunkhead on March 6th, 2007, 7:56 am

RULES AND GUIDELINES FOR LUNKHEAD’S LAIR

First off, I want to thank all our current members for their support. We couldn’t have a board without you. We appreciate you being here, and it’s truly fun sharing humor and thoughts with everyone. You guys are great and this has always been a laid back, easy going place with virtually no problems. So that things may continue to run smoothly, I felt it would help to post some rules and guidelines for potential new members.

---------------------------------------------------------------

PROFANITY: It is possible young children may view our board, so please keep language at a PG level. A profanity filter is in place, but posts that try to get around it by modifying extremely doity words with dashes, spacing, etc, will be edited or removed at the admin’s discretion. As Moe said, “Watch your Ps and Qs.” I’m not saying we have to be saints here, but you get the idea.

SEX/NUDITY: For the same reason above, posts containing pictures (or links to pictures) of adult nature shall be edited or removed.

IMAGES WITHIN POSTS: When posting images, please be aware of the height, width and file byte size. Try to keep them on the smaller side when possible. Large picture files can take a long time to load, making it difficult for members still using a dial-up connection.

AVATARS: If you use a linked image for an avatar, keep it within these dimensions: 100 X 125 pixels. Anything larger than 100 pixels in width pushes the post alignment further to the right, making the thread look awkward. Again, please try to choose a picture file that is smaller in byte size so pages will keep loading fast.

SIGS: Personal signatures are fun, but please keep them short and to the point. Adding a link is fine and/or a small image is ok too. If you use an image in your sig, use something that is small and easy on the eyes. Try to avoid overkill so posts don’t become too distracting for other members.

PERSONAL ATTACKS AND FLAMING: Disagreements naturally happen between members, but please handle them in a mature and civil way. Under no circumstances will personal attacks and flaming be allowed. Posts of this type shall be removed and warnings issued. If someone does this continually, they will be banned.

SPAMMING: We’re working hard to reduce this. It’s a no no for sure. Spam posts will be removed without warning and the user likely shown the door. (They’re usually automated spam bots anyhow).

POLITICS: Please don’t post anything political, as tempting as it may. Political discussions often become heated debates which in turn can become knock-down fights. We want to keep our board a fun place. Though world events and politics sometimes share a grey line, please consider what you post. Censorship is not cool, but political posts will be removed for the good of the board. Plus, there are so many outlets on the web for discussing politics for anyone feeling the need.

RELIGION: This is another subject for potential arguments, but I feel a bit different here. I don’t hide the fact I believe in God. In fact, I’m a practicing Catholic and still find it appropriate to say Merry Christmas instead of a generic Happy Holidays, but I also respect other religions and people who don’t believe in any religion at all. All I ask is that we show consideration for one another and each other’s beliefs. However, our board is not a place for trying to convert or un-convert people. Again, there are loads of outlets on the web for things like that. So, if a post or thread veers too far, is offensive or causes arguments, it could be edited or removed no matter what its stance or intention.

THE STOOGES: For obvious reasons, please do not post anything objectionable in regard to Comedy III, Global Icons or any heirs of The Three Stooges. Posts of this nature will be removed.

GENERAL NUISANCE WARNING: Hey, I resemble that! But seriously, members whose posts tend to be disruptive or annoying to the group on a consistent basis could be banned in the interest of keeping the board an enjoyable place. This is highly unlikely and more of a warning for future, potential troublemakers. Out current members are great, so you guys pretend you didn’t even see this last one.

---------------------------------------------------------------

So that’s about it. Not too hard, right? Mostly common sense stuff. However, if someone continually breaks the rules after sufficient warnings, they will be banned as a last resort. We’ve all seen trolls at various boards that just don’t play nice. We’re here for fun and won’t allow any blue meanies to spoil it. So, thanks and enjoy!
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Unofficial Stooge DVDs and Tapes

Postby Lunkhead on June 23rd, 2007, 8:16 am

For legal reasons, please do not post messages about any bootleg DVDs and tapes of the Three Stooges. This also includes tape trading, etc. The good news is official DVD box sets of the stooge shorts started being released in 2007 and we'll likely have all 190 in pristine condition in the end.

Thanks for your understanding on this subject,
Lunk :wink:
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Return to Welcome