Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - Truth Is Stranger Than Fiction

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

Truth Is Stranger Than Fiction

General talk about any old ting. Let's yak!

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

Postby Preston on March 29th, 2006, 9:38 pm

No, I did not mention Sword-Swallowers because I felt that most people are already familiar with them. So instead I posted about the STRING stunt because it's Little-known. As far as Sword-Swallowing, I used to think they do Not actually swallow them because they use Collapsible blades that retract back into the handle. But then I saw a documentary where the Swallowed blade was shown in an X-RAY view that proves the stunt is Real.

About that show "Maximum Exposure" which You,DK, mentioned...I've Never seen it. Is it a CIRCUS-oriented progam? Along those lines, I remember seeing a documentary on SIDE-SHOW Oddities, such as the SIAMESE TWINS (Conjoined Twins). Life for them was quite complicated at times. For example, when Each of the conjoined twins got his own Wife, they experienced great difficulty in their honeymoon. Hardly any privacy, if at all.
Preston
Mutant

Greedy for Pension

Postby Preston on March 31st, 2006, 2:50 pm

People can get very Greedy. For example, have any of you heard of the MIRKO SARTORI case which happened in Italy several months ago? Sartori's Father had died, but in order to keep getting his Dead Father's PENSION, the Son kept the dead body hidden at home. The body had been well-preserved by a silica gel.
The well-preserved corpse was discovered when the Landlord went to collect rent which had Not been paid for several months. Macabre but True.
Let me make it clear that it was NOT murder. The Parent had died of natural causes. All the son did was to keep the corpse in order to keep getting the Pension.
Preston
Mutant

Postby Lunkhead on April 1st, 2006, 10:01 pm

:shifty: Man, what a sneaky (and gruesome) thing to do.

:swords: And as far as sword and snake swallowin, well... they just bring a lump to my throat. :haughty:
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Disruptive for Dentists

Postby Preston on April 14th, 2006, 9:06 pm

Did any of you read in USA TODAY magazine about Dentists pet peeve? That is, more and more Patients are using their Cell-phones while Dentists work in their mouths. Very disruptive, say the Dentists. File this under Cell-phone rudeness.
Preston
Mutant

Embarrassing situation

Postby Preston on April 16th, 2006, 6:36 am

From Australia comes this wacky but true news: A fire rescue officer had to pull Australian Robin Toom, 38, out of a commercial washing machine in Queensland, after he got stuck while playing hide-and-seek with his kids.
Preston
Mutant

Postby Lunkhead on April 16th, 2006, 10:21 am

:laugh4: :rotfl: :laugh1:
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

new invention

Postby Preston on July 12th, 2006, 9:23 pm

Did you see in the current news about the new invention, the rope-less jump rope?? This jump-rope has No need for rope because its handle electronically duplicates the feel of a jump-rope. The reasoning for it is logical because it would be practical for mental asylums and prisons where actual rope is banned. Obviously,at such institutions, actual rope would be too dangerous.

I don't know whether you, Lunkhead, use a jump rope or not. In my case, I do stair-climbing instead. Those of you who use a jump rope might want to comment on this invention. It's not on the market yet, but will be soon.

All that the report gave as an explanation was that the handle electronically duplicates the feel of a jump rope. From that brief explanatory note, all I can guess is that the principle is vibrations.
Preston
Mutant

Postby Lunkhead on July 16th, 2006, 11:35 pm

My favorite exercise is plain old walking. When I'm walking our dog, I try to go at a quick pace, but there's always the inevitable stopping when she has to do her duty. Still helps exercise-wise though.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Re: Truth Is Stranger Than Fiction

Postby Wilytank on September 17th, 2006, 6:57 pm

Preston wrote:Did anybody hear that scientists might be DEmoting the planet Pluto from its status as a planet to an asteroid? Because it appears that Pluto does NOT answer the qualifications for a planet. After all, beyond the orbit of Pluto is the Kuiper Belt which consists of very many asteroids, all of which orbit. So if you use the criterion of orbital movement as a qualification for a planet, then all those DOZENS of Kuiper bodies would be categorized as planets too. But then if they are Not, then Neither should Pluto be categorized as a planet.
What if a celestial body has a moon or moons? No, that's Not a qualification either. Because Mercury and Venus have No moons,but they are categorized as planets.

They just did.
Official spammer executioner
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

Picture-Perfect

Postby Preston on March 11th, 2008, 8:00 pm

This true oddity is actually old news,so I'm surprised that I did not post it earlier. Anyway, it's about a lady who went on vacation, travelling. When she returned home, she later began checking her camera and found very strangely that the film-roll included a picture that she had NOT taken...a picture of a strange man's face. No matter how much she tried to recall, she remained baffled because she could Not for the life of her recall at having snapped that picture. On a hunch, she took the picture to the Police. Eventually,it was found that the picture was that of a Burglar who had broken into her home. During the process of burglarizing, the burglar had picked up the camera to look at it and had then [i]dropped it accidentally.[i] In so doing, it had inadvertently clicked the camera, so the camera had taken a picture of the burglar. Oh, and as a result, the burglar was caught and arrested. Crime doesn't pay. You could say he was "captured" on film. lol True story.
Preston
Mutant

Postby Lunkhead on March 16th, 2008, 4:01 pm

That is cool. Serves 'em right. :laugh1:

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Re: Picture-Perfect

Postby moe-jo on March 22nd, 2008, 11:19 am

Preston wrote: You could say he was "captured" on film. lol

He got "developed" get it? :laugh1:
"I am not what I am." Iago, from William Shakespeare's Othello
moe-jo
Mongoose

Postby Lunkhead on March 22nd, 2008, 11:40 am

Welcome aboard, Moe-Jo! Nice to see another new member join our crew of madmen. :happy1:

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby moe-jo on March 22nd, 2008, 4:43 pm

thanks for the nice welcom, Lunkhead! :happy1:
"I am not what I am." Iago, from William Shakespeare's Othello
moe-jo
Mongoose

Postby Lunkhead on March 22nd, 2008, 6:31 pm