Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - Avatars

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

General talk about any old ting. Let's yak!

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

Postby Lunkhead on January 29th, 2006, 8:39 pm

Hi all. Just wanted to make sure everyone was aware of the option of adding an avatar to your profile. (That's the picture displayed in your posts directly under your username and member level). IE: Right now I've got Bugs Bunny. (I just uploaded a whole bunch of Looney Tunes avatars for us to use).

It's easy to add one to your profile. Here's how:

At the top of the page, click on "Profile". That takes you to your account information page. Scroll to the bottom and you'll see the "Avatar Control Panel". It gives you 2 choices for displaying an avatar. You could enter a URL to an image you want to use or just use one from the "gallery". To add one from the gallery, click on "Show gallery". In the gallery section, there is a drop down at the top for categories. Currently, we have these categories: Looney Tunes, Monsters, Stooges, and Various. Click the drop-down menu and choose your desired category. Then click "Go". Click the small circle under the avatar you want, then click "Select Avatar". That takes you back to your account page. Scroll to the bottom and you should see the image as your avatar. Next, click "Submit". You'll see a message saying your "profile has been updated" which means the latest information has been saved. You can always change your avatar going forward by using the same process.

In addition to the original stooge & monster avatars, here's some of the new Looney Tunes available to use:

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Have fun with em!!
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Preston on February 8th, 2006, 4:45 pm

Among the monster-avatars, I notice the Alien from the O.b.i.t. episode of The Outer Limits. Actually I was hoping for the Outer Limits alien from "The Chameleon" episode. Oh well, maybe one of these days.
Preston
Mutant

OL Avatars

Postby Lunkhead on February 8th, 2006, 5:32 pm

I was hoping for the Outer Limits alien from "The Chameleon" episode

Preston, I'll make that one for you as soon as I get a chance. I've got the OL DVDs and can easily get screen captures to create more avatars. I'll let ya know as soon as THE CHAMELEON is ready.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Done!

Postby Lunkhead on February 8th, 2006, 6:05 pm

Here's Mace for ya Preston: Image And he's now available to use in the "Monsters" avatar gallery.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

the CHAMELEON

Postby Preston on February 8th, 2006, 7:27 pm

Thanks a million, Brother Lunk! You made my day! That episode THE CHAMELEON is probably my second favorite episode, close behind my #1 favorite THE GALAXY BEING.
THE CHAMELEON is such a touching, humanistic story because it showed how Louis Mace who is basically a Killing-Machine became transformed into a compassionate, benevolent person. If you look closely at the avatar of the genetically "alienized" face, you'll notice that the face is sculptured in a certain way as to reflect the characteristic of benevolence. The aliens in the Spaceship also have that FACIAL characteristic of benevolence. So I really LOVE this episode.

Thanks again, Brother Lunk. You made my day!
Preston
Mutant

Postby Lunkhead on February 8th, 2006, 7:35 pm

You're very welcome Preston. Glad you like the avatar. That is an excellent episode. Robert Duvall is so good in it, and the story is very moving. I love the look of conflict on his face when struggling with the decision to complete his mission or not.

Hey, if there's any other OL avatars you'd like to see down the road, just give a yell. :wink:

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

more, More, MORE!!!

Postby Lunkhead on April 21st, 2006, 10:04 pm

I just added a bunch more stooge and monster avatars for yer avatarin pleasure. Seek them out in the gallery of your profile.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on April 21st, 2006, 10:37 pm

Thanks for my new Avatar! I like how easy it is to switch them around. Guess that it was about time I got one, eh?
- - - - - - - -
Curly,,,,,"Thats my favorite dollar, I grew it from a cent".
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on April 21st, 2006, 10:39 pm

You're welcome DK. Have fun with em.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Re: Avatars

Postby Wilytank on September 7th, 2006, 7:43 pm

Lunkhead wrote:Hi all. Just wanted to make sure everyone was aware of the option of adding an avatar to your profile. (That's the picture displayed in your posts directly under your username and member level). IE: Right now I've got Bugs Bunny. (I just uploaded a whole bunch of Looney Tunes avatars for us to use).

It's easy to add one to your profile. Here's how:

At the top of the page, click on "Profile". That takes you to your account information page. Scroll to the bottom and you'll see the "Avatar Control Panel". It gives you 2 choices for displaying an avatar. You could enter a URL to an image you want to use or just use one from the "gallery". To add one from the gallery, click on "Show gallery". In the gallery section, there is a drop down at the top for categories. Currently, we have these categories: Looney Tunes, Monsters, Stooges, and Various. Click the drop-down menu and choose your desired category. Then click "Go". Click the small circle under the avatar you want, then click "Select Avatar". That takes you back to your account page. Scroll to the bottom and you should see the image as your avatar. Next, click "Submit". You'll see a message saying your "profile has been updated" which means the latest information has been saved. You can always change your avatar going forward by using the same process.

In addition to the original stooge & monster avatars, here's some of the new Looney Tunes available to use:

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Have fun with em!!

Hey can I use my own?
Official spammer executioner
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

Postby Lunkhead on September 8th, 2006, 7:21 pm

Hey can I use my own?

Sure Wilytank. Click on "Profile", scroll to the bottom to the "Avatar Control Panel". You can enter the URL of an avatar there. If you need me to host an image for you on my site, I can do that too. Just email it to me and I'll set ya up!
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Wilytank on September 11th, 2006, 2:56 pm

Lunkhead wrote:
Hey can I use my own?

Sure Wilytank. Click on "Profile", scroll to the bottom to the "Avatar Control Panel". You can enter the URL of an avatar there. If you need me to host an image for you on my site, I can do that too. Just email it to me and I'll set ya up!

So ya type the link in the link box then what?
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

Postby Lunkhead on September 11th, 2006, 11:27 pm

Then click on "Submit". Please Note: The height and width of avatar images are limited to 100 X 100.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Wilytank on September 12th, 2006, 2:43 pm

There! Finished!
:flamethrower:
:manic:
:war:
:rifle:
:creepo:
My tools of execution...
Wilytank