Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - New forum "Comedy Classics"

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

New forum "Comedy Classics"

General talk about any old ting. Let's yak!

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

New forum "Comedy Classics"

Postby Lunkhead on February 13th, 2006, 9:43 pm

Added a new forum under the "More Entertainment" category called "Comedy Classics" for posting about other comedy teams, films and shows.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

comedy classics\

Postby vincent on June 7th, 2006, 8:19 pm

is lost horizon (1937), a comedy classic?\i understand when first viewing the film, audiences laughed in the wrong parts of it, causing the director to become very upset\but there was comedy in it on purpose, too\i just want to say about the film, that it is the most unfortunate thing that ever happened in the history of the film medium, that the full motion picture was lost\we only have film clips, pieced together lovingly by film historians, that represent the complete film\that was always, & will probably always be, my favourite film of all time\it has to do with the most important dreams that we have as individuals, & that the whole human race has\or, as it is said at the end of the film, may robert conway find his shangrila - may we all find our shangrila\
life is a jest, & all things show it\i thought so once, but now i know it\john gay\my own epitaph\1720\(nyuk, nyuk, nyuk)\
vincent
Pumpkinbrain

Postby Lunkhead on June 10th, 2006, 9:33 am

I hate to admit it, but I don't think I've ever seen LOST HORIZON. There are many classic films I've yet to check out. I'm open and intend to view them, but never seem to quite get around to it. [I spend a lot of time with monsters, scifi, horror & comedy stuff mostly.]

Heres a classic example: CITIZEN KANE. I respect Orson Welles' work very much and even have some of the film music on a cassette tape, but have yet to see CK from start to finish. Either it's already started or in the middle or something.
I take full responsibility for this and deserve and good thwacking => :thwack:

Image ~ "So, he hasn't seen my movie huh? Thwack em again hard up there!"
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

shangrila\

Postby vincent on June 10th, 2006, 4:17 pm

the novel (lost horizon, by james hilton), is good too, but not as good as the movie (hollywood was actually producing movies that were, in fact, better than excellent novels at that time)\the movie, what remains of it, is a fascinating study of the technique of the old hollywood thirties motion pictures\the direction (frank capra!!!), the acting, the dialogue, were all amazing\film historians worked on the most recent dvd available, & i originally saw this version years ago in new york city, at the museum of modern art\it includes an alternate ending, which is amazing, & memorable scenes include - ronald colman & jane wyatt (their names finally came to me, this is very old stuff - 1937) - a buddhist monk instructing a young woman not to kill herself, running out of air because the airplane is so high & in 1937 not pressurized, the head monk (sam jaffe, if i recall the name correctly), making a long speech about how the world is going crazy (it was almost at the outbreak of world war two), & much more, but so much ended up on the cutting room floor & was forever lost\the alternate ending includes janes wyatts performance, which was cut from the film early on, & hasnt been seen in about a generation\make time for this one, its worth it\ :larry4:
life is a jest, & all things show it\i thought so once, but now i know it\john gay\my own epitaph\1720\(nyuk, nyuk, nyuk)\
vincent
Pumpkinbrain

Postby Wilytank on September 15th, 2006, 6:50 am

Though there are lots of classics the stooges are the best.
Official spammer executioner
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

Return to Open Discussion