Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - "Vesuvius" about to go Chernobyl, need new grill s

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

"Vesuvius" about to go Chernobyl, need new grill s

General talk about any old ting. Let's yak!

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

"Vesuvius" about to go Chernobyl, need new grill s

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on March 19th, 2006, 11:46 am

"Vesuvius" about to go Chernobyl, need new grill soon.

"Ole Vesuvius", my old Sears Kenmore outdoor LP gas grill is about to meltdown for good after 15 years. I don't want to totally rebuild Vesuvius again, cost is over $150 and I only get 1-1/2 years out of the investment.

I've been looking at a new Weber grill although the price is a bit moderate, I'm seriously considering making the purchase.

I just wanted to know what everyone is grilling on these days, what you like, features, and what you all recommend.
...."I feel better already!"....
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Feed Me!!!!!

Postby Lunkhead on March 21st, 2006, 9:58 pm

:laugh6: Oh DK, are you asking the wrong guy. I love to eat, but I'm a terrible cook. Most times, my son does the barbequin round here. Think he got a Walmart special a couple years back - not sure, cause they don't let me near it often. But I'm first in line when the grubs ready!! :screamer:
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

charmaster

Postby Xenorama on March 21st, 2006, 11:31 pm

i think, according to one Hank Hill, who sells propane and propane accessories, that the Charmaster 5000 is a great deal.

David
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on March 22nd, 2006, 9:02 am

I wanted to get a Weber grill but one of the members of another forum that I aquaint mentioned that his got jacked. I was thinking the same thing, no way to chain it down, it would be too much of a temptation.

Now don't get me wrong, Royal Oak is a very very safe city but my appartment back door overlooks a public alley right behind "Action Avenue" aka Woodward Avenue. Like I said, it would be too much of a temptation, but if I owned my own home, I would make the investment.

So for now, I'm going to try to get a warranty replacement for the burner unit and rebuild it from there. I saved my reciepts, the burner unit with a 3 year warranty fails after just 2-1/2, I'm going to hammer on them! This is second time it's failed. I will keep everyone posted.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on March 25th, 2006, 7:46 am

So I sent off this letter by fax machine,,,,,

Attention Warranty Clerk

Dear Sirs,
Pursuant to our phone conversation, I am faxing to you my receipt for Char-Broil “H”-burner, model 4254DC. I have photocopied the receipts and also the UPC code per your instructions. You said that I would receive a new one in the mail shortly. I will also point out that this burner has also failed before in the same amount of time, approximately 2.5 years, receipt included also, and it usually rusts out at the support legs and along the gas orifices.

Let's see what happens, I'll keep everyone posted on the results.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on April 8th, 2006, 11:51 pm

Ok, nothing has happened so I re-faxed the original with big bold letters,"What is going on? I am still waiting for my new "H" burner!"

Anyway, nothing happened for about a week so I called and got the runaround.
No I don't have the serial number to the grill, their model number is not their part number, etc.
I got home Friday from work and I was starting to get steamed about this so I called them again! I found the part number on the original packaging and then was told that it is a discontinued part. I would have to call "Grill Masters" or someone to try to match up a replacement. Well, that didn't sit well so I said, "The part is still under warranty, I want a full refund." So their tune changed, they got the manager to send me a replacement ceramic "H" burner with a 5 year warranty for only the shipping and handeling charge of about $6.33.

I'll tell you that the customer service at Charm Broil is lousy. I should have got straight answers from the beginning. So I'm at Home depot and I was checking out the new Weber grills, can't afford them, yet, and noticed the grill accessories. Lo and behold there is an exact "H" burner on the shelf, different part number but nevertheless, the exact "Charm Broil" replacement "H" burner for my "Ole Vesuvius".

Go figure that Charm Broil is the largest manufacture of replacement parts for grills. No way, I'm not buying a new Charm Broil grill, but I'll have to settle on about $50 of replacement grates and briquettes from them to keep "Ole Vesuvius" up and cooking.

My project this week is to take the grill apart, clean it thoroughly, we've got a pressure washer at work and reassemble it. Man alive, no grill for a week, I'll starve.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on April 9th, 2006, 8:05 pm

Hope everything works out with your grill DK. It's always frustrating when companies balk at backing up their warranties. Sometimes you just have to keep on them.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on April 9th, 2006, 8:22 pm

Thanks for the encouragement Lunk!
I'll be happy if it don't do an exploding stove aka the stooges on me.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on April 12th, 2006, 11:45 pm

IDIOTS!

Yes, they're idiots!

I'm not kidding, they're absolutely imbisiles!

Char-broil stinks, they sent me a 17-inch burner single bar burner, NOT an "H"-burner.
I went to their site and it's no wonder that they're so lame, the search funtion is the worst. I wanted a replacement "universal" burner but they site wanted a model number for my grill before they would proceed. It's an old Sears grill, numbers burned off years ago, besides its an "universal" part. Not even the model number on their own package would register! I'm calling them up again, I'm not letting them have a free pass on my warranty part.

Fired up? You bet I am. I don't care if my specific part has been discontinued, it's only been 2-1/2 years you would think that they would have a cross reference to the new "H"-burner. I went down to Home-depot and actually saw the replacement "H"-burner there so I know that they exist. I'm telling you, I am not going to let this go and I want my shipping costs back from them also.

Curly would say,,,,"That's sabatoogie!"
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on April 13th, 2006, 5:29 pm

I am so not letting this go. I'm after them!
I tried 4 different 800 numbers after I got home from work, nothing, must be after hours. Stopped by at Home Depot and got the part numbers off of the packages to the "H"-burner. Saw one that was cast iron and ceramic coated for about $46 bucks. I'll try to get Char-broil to send that one to me for all of my inconvience. I'll keep on them big time!!!
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on April 14th, 2006, 12:25 pm

"Give 'em Hell, Harry!!!... er, I mean DK!!!!!" ~ :bluto:
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on April 14th, 2006, 6:05 pm

Ok, long/short story is that I have a 19-inch porcelain "H"-burner being shipped out for my grill, a $62 value including the freight at no cost to me.

Here's what I did after a month of run around with warranty.

I scouted down the part number through several different sources on the phone, stores and the web and found the part number for a 19-inch "H"-burner. The 17-inch model is/has been discontinued; I know that a 19-inch will fit.

I then called Char-broil and politely (more flies with honey theory) explained that they sent me the wrong part, I was very unhappy, I want the correct part and they need to throw me a bone for all my aggravation, frustration, freight costs and time spent. I again stressed to the operator, “I am very unhappy but it’s not your fault, you’re trying to help me, I’ll be nice but let’s get something done.”

I knew that they couldn't send me the correct warranty part so I "suggested" the 19-inch "H"-burner and gave them the part number. After the operator consulted with her manager, she came back on the line and gave me my confirmation number for the 19-inch "H"-burner.

I also explained politely that parts look up function on Char-broil's web site is a disaster. That’s the whole problem with their lousy customer service because the system demands a grill model number before it will proceed. What if you don’t own their brand? What if you only want their universal fit parts? They don’t have all of the universal parts listed in a specific category. No wonder they had so much difficulty, they couldn’t cross reference to match anything up.

Anyway, free part, free freight, I get to keep the other 17-inch bar burner and the new “H”-burner has 5-year warranty to boot.

"Ole Vesuvius", my grill, will live again! Wooot Wooot! Ok! I’ll be back in the game soon! Just have to clean up the grill a bit; a few parts and I'll be all set.

When my part comes in, I’ll celebrate my warranty victory with a nice thick Teriyaki marinated steak with grilled peppers and onions, twice baked potato, chicken tenders, grilled garlic toast and maybe a Diet Dr. Pepper to wash it down.

Kudos to me for being such a persistent bugger, I was like a bad rash, I wouldn’t go away! It was like a matter of principal and I wasn’t quitting until I got satisfaction!

Medium rare and don’t forget the A1 steak sauce!

Curly says,,,,”If at first you don’t succeed, keep on sucking until you do succeed!” Nyuk nyuk nyuk nyuk nyuk nyuk certainly!”
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on April 14th, 2006, 7:09 pm

Way ta go DK! Glad you finally got some satisfaction. Sometimes you have to keep after these companies to back up their warranties. Congrats!

Ole Vesuvius", my grill, will live again! ~ :bela1: Image Image

Sounds like a line from a Lugosi horror film. :laugh1:

When my part comes in, I’ll celebrate my warranty victory with a nice thick Teriyaki marinated steak with grilled peppers and onions, twice baked potato, chicken tenders, grilled garlic toast and maybe a Diet Dr. Pepper to wash it down.

Oh man that sounds good! Enjoy!
It also made me hungry.

Columbia Pictures Presents
"LUNKHEAD ACHES FOR ANY STEAK"

:redbite:
The End

A Good Cast is Worth Repeating (unlike a good meal)
Lunkhead........Red Smilie
The Steak.......Yellow Smilie

[NOTE: No smilies were harmed during the making of this picture]
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on April 14th, 2006, 9:19 pm

Columbia Pictures Presents
"LUNKHEAD ACHES FOR ANY STEAK"

I was going to use that line from Curly in "An ache in every stake" where he says,,,,"These steaks are the ternder-ist." You watch out, someone is going to jack my grill after all of this, hahahahaha.

Happy Easter Lunk.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on April 14th, 2006, 11:00 pm

Thanks DK. Happy Easter to you also.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Next

Return to Open Discussion