Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - Do the board and site seem faster?

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

Do the board and site seem faster?

General talk about any old ting. Let's yak!

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

Do the board and site seem faster?

Postby Lunkhead on April 16th, 2006, 8:53 pm

Hey all,

I'd noticed recently that the main site (lunkhead.net) and this board were loading slower than they had been. I contacted my webhost (icdsoft.com) to see what was causing it. Their support is one of the best I've ever encountered. They literally answer your problem tickets within minutes (one of the reasons I've stayed with them for 5 years now, plus their packages are hard to beat). Anyhow, my site had been hosted on their servers in China these 5 years. I always felt that the load time of the pages was good until just recently. After investigating, they found that my isp (Comcast) was having some connectivity issues across the globe. Things would eventually connect, but with drop-outs during the process resulting in slower load times. They offered to migrate the whole site to one of their newer facilities in the US and said it would probably make it load faster. If you tried to access the site earlier today, you would have seen a message about the process and the site being unavailable. Took a couple hours, but it was sure worth it (at least for my connection). For me, the pages load almost instantaneously now - lightening fast! I was wondering if any of you guys notice any increase in speed. Here in the message board, the forums are loading much faster also. Let me know what you think, or if you encounter any problems. [ie: I had to reboot my pc to refresh the settings.]

The Lunkster
Last edited by Lunkhead on April 19th, 2006, 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on April 19th, 2006, 7:40 pm

Yes! Very much faster, thank you. Now I can get my nyuk nyuk nyuks alot faster.
That was a nice change that you made for us.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on April 19th, 2006, 9:47 pm

You're welcome DK. Glad to hear it's faster for you too.
Image Image
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Wilytank on September 8th, 2006, 2:50 pm

Well sort of. :flamethrower:
Official spammer executioner
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

Postby BoardTracker on September 8th, 2006, 5:50 pm

seens adequately fast. If you have MRTG you can monitor the server load to see if there are problems. Otherwise from judging by the page lodas recently, it seems like proper speed.
BoardTracker
Pumpkinbrain

Postby Lunkhead on September 8th, 2006, 7:16 pm

Thanks BoardTracker!
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Wilytank on September 8th, 2006, 8:19 pm

Lunkhead wrote:Thanks BoardTracker!

That's pretty much the only post he posted. What a pumpkin brain.
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on September 9th, 2006, 3:28 pm

Wilytank wrote:
Lunkhead wrote:Thanks BoardTracker!

That's pretty much the only post he posted. What a pumpkin brain.

Curly says,,,,"Casting asparagus on my cooking?"

I thought that boardtracker was phpbb message board monitor, not nessarily a stooge fan, at least its not another spammer.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Wilytank on September 9th, 2006, 6:39 pm

Well ok.
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

Postby Lunkhead on September 9th, 2006, 9:37 pm

boardtracker was phpbb message board monitor

That's right DK. I submitted our board at boardtracker.com to help make the board show up in more internet searches so more fans could find it. Sometimes you'll see the boardtracker account online here to scan the board and link some threads to their site. Hey, every little bit of advertising helps.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Wilytank on September 11th, 2006, 3:17 pm

Lunkhead wrote:
boardtracker was phpbb message board monitor

That's right DK. I submitted our board at boardtracker.com to help make the board show up in more internet searches so more fans could find it. Sometimes you'll see the boardtracker account online here to scan the board and link some threads to their site. Hey, every little bit of advertising helps.

Hey, doe's that mean I can vaporize everthing? :flamethrower:
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

Return to Open Discussion