Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - wheres the color, etc?\

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

wheres the color, etc?\

General talk about any old ting. Let's yak!

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

wheres the color, etc?\

Postby vincent on June 8th, 2006, 3:47 pm

:curly8: why cant i get the color to work?\i ordered this entry in violet, but there will be no color, right?\i also wanted bold italics, & no dice there, either, right?\well, i am writing from a library computer, so i may just have to live with it\this is a great website anyway\
life is a jest, & all things show it\i thought so once, but now i know it\john gay\my own epitaph\1720\(nyuk, nyuk, nyuk)\
vincent
Pumpkinbrain

oh my god\

Postby vincent on June 8th, 2006, 3:53 pm

oh my god, i got bold italics\but no color, & the emoticon wasnt the one i specified - i wanted curly fighting\but, at least i got something\by the way, when a tibetan buddhist says oh my god, hes really excited\(nyuk, nyuk, nyuk)\
:curly8:
life is a jest, & all things show it\i thought so once, but now i know it\john gay\my own epitaph\1720\(nyuk, nyuk, nyuk)\
vincent
Pumpkinbrain

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on June 8th, 2006, 5:17 pm

Curly,,,,"Don't look now but we're about to get killed!"
Must be the library computer.
Welcome to the board!
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

thank you\

Postby vincent on June 8th, 2006, 5:48 pm

thanks, dangerkittytotherescue\im going to keep trying to get a color through, because that would be nice, but i dont like bold print anymore, anyway\im glad to be here, this is a really nice website, where one can join with others, who love the stooges\
:curly8:
vincent
Pumpkinbrain

colors and icons

Postby Lunkhead on June 9th, 2006, 10:54 am

Hi guys. Sorry about the icons. That was my fault, but I've corrected it. I had a couple duplicate labels set for the icons in the smilies configuration. They should be working ok now.

Vincent, I looked in your posts to see why the colors and bold/italics weren't showing. The reason was that the tags weren't completely formatted around the text. In some spots it looks like you clicked the color option first. What that does is insert the beginning and end tags first, then it looked like you typed your text outside of the tags. I corrected it in your posts in this thread.

It takes a little time getting used to using the text formatting on these boards. I think the easiest way is to enter all your text first, then highlight your text, then click on "B" for bold, "I" for italic, and/or the drop-down to change colors, etc. Give it a try again. If you have any more trouble getting it to work, let me know. The main thing to remember is to have all your text within the formatting tags.

You can do some fun things with the text, even change the size along with the other options, ie:

hello, Hello, HELLO!... HELLO!!! ~ :moe1: :larry1: :curly1:
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby vincent on June 9th, 2006, 4:58 pm

:curly8: thanks, i will try again & see what happens
vincent
Pumpkinbrain

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on June 9th, 2006, 10:11 pm

vincent wrote::curly8: thanks, i will try again & see what happens

Curly says,,,,"At first you don't succeed, keep on sucking 'til you do succeed!"
...."I feel better already!"....
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on June 9th, 2006, 10:32 pm

When you preview your post your tags should look like this,,,,

[color=red] text text text text [/color ]
(I put a space in the ending tag so that it would appear.)

Basicly you want to highlite your text then click on your tag.

I am so used to doing this manually like this. For bold lettering, it would be [b] for bold, followed by your text text text then another tag this time with a backslash / in the ending tag [/b ]

If you need more assistance try this tag information link that I "borrowed" from another forum.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on June 10th, 2006, 9:39 am

Thanks for the added info DK. It is a little tricky til you get used to using the text formats. Vincent, another thing you can do is click the "edit" button on one of your posts in this thread. You'll then be able to see exactly how the code is entered to get it to work. BTW, you can always go back and edit any of your posts for changes you might want to make.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

thank you\

Postby vincent on June 10th, 2006, 5:47 pm

well, the important thing is that i can get a clear message through\i would have to sign in again to get the emoticon to work, so i will let that go this time\lets see if the color (darkred) comes through\
vincent
Pumpkinbrain

Re: thank you\

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on June 10th, 2006, 7:24 pm

vincent wrote:well, the important thing is that i can get a clear message through\i would have to sign in again to get the emoticon to work, so i will let that go this time\lets see if the color (darkred) comes through

Curly says,,,,"That's sabatoogie!"

[ color=darkred]

well, the important thing is that i can get a clear message through\i would have to sign in again to get the emoticon to work, so i will let that go this time\lets see if the color (darkred) comes through

[/color]

Nyuk nyuk nyuk!
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on June 11th, 2006, 9:15 am

Moe - - - - - OMAY

Larry - - - - - - - ARALAY

Curly - - - - - - - - - - - - - CURLYCUE !
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on June 11th, 2006, 12:21 pm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vincent, here's a picture of how your post above is currently entered (where the color tag is not correct):

There are actually 2 sets of tags in your above post. You've got 1 set in front of the text, and 1 set after the text. It won't work that way. You just need 1 set of tags with the beginning tag first, then your text, then the ending tag. Look at this second picture below to see the correct way to do it.

Here is a picture of the correct way to add the color tag (note exactly how the color tag is entered around the text):

Here is the result with the color tag added correctly in the second picture:

well, the important thing is that i can get a clear message through\i would have to sign in again to get the emoticon to work, so i will let that go this time\lets see if the color (darkred) comes through\

Hope that helps. :wink:
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

trying again\

Postby vincent on June 13th, 2006, 3:38 pm

:moe3: woo! woo! woo! woo! woo! woo! woo!!!\
vincent
Pumpkinbrain

woo! woo! wooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!\

Postby vincent on June 13th, 2006, 3:45 pm

:curly8: woo! woo! woo! woooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!\i did it! i got the color to work! woo! woo! woo!\
vincent
Pumpkinbrain

Next

Return to Open Discussion