Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - Threads from the old board

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

Threads from the old board

General talk about any old ting. Let's yak!

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

Threads from the old board

Postby Lunkhead on June 12th, 2005, 8:42 pm

Hi everyone. I've copied over the Stooge Review threads and a couple others from the old board. Will be bringing more as I can. Pretty much going by ones that received a lot of replies, like Famous Curly Quotes, etc. If there are any in particular you'd like brought over, just let me know.

Thanks,
Lunk
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Threads from the old board are missing tons of replies

Postby Lunkhead on June 15th, 2005, 8:34 pm

Drat! After checking the old threads I found that many are missing pages of replies. Sadly, these were some of our favorites, such as the "Famous Moe, Larry, Curly and Shemp" quotes. Curly took the least hit, with 7 and 1/2 pages surviving out of 9. Poor Shemp didn't have one reply survive, even though there were originally 3 pages worth. Larry's missing 3 out of 4 pages, and out of 6 pages of Moe insults, only 1/2 of one page made it.
Nice goin EzBoard.
Image ~ EZ sucks!
Well, all we can do is continue on. :rolleyes:

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on June 19th, 2005, 9:20 am

Hey Lunkhead, I saw that too about the missing threads, huge chunks of posts are missing, entire pages of thread lists missing too.
What a shame, a dissaster. Can you immagine how many other forums have been damaged?

No offence to you but as a protest to EZboard, I would love to file for a refund of my donation to the community chest, under the grounds that I do not support such incompetency.

How much of the old threads can you save? You said that there was a way to transfer the posts in the original look, to the new home, any luck yet?
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

EZ problems

Postby Lunkhead on June 19th, 2005, 2:21 pm

Hey Lunkhead, I saw that too about the missing threads, huge chunks of posts are missing, entire pages of thread lists missing too.
What a shame, a dissaster. Can you immagine how many other forums have been damaged?

Truly sad and it looks like none of the 9,000+ boards were spared.
No offence to you but as a protest to EZboard, I would love to file for a refund of my donation to the community chest, under the grounds that I do not support such incompetency.

I understand and wish I could get the money refunded to you. I posted at the ezSupporter Help Forum asking if it's possible to refund your money. I'll let you know what their reply is.
How much of the old threads can you save?

EZ says they are currently continuing through the last steps of the restore process, so it's possible more data might return. Not holding my breath though, as they previously said some data is definitely lost forever. Megaloman's old Xenorama EzBoard had literally thousands of posts, but was wiped clean. Not a single post has been restored. He had a gold board subscription for 4 years, but left after upgrade problems last year. Even though they'd been without gold for a year, his board was a paying board all along up til then. You'd think that would count for something, but it looks like they weren't backing his up at all.
You said that there was a way to transfer the posts in the original look, to the new home, any luck yet?

I haven't pursued it because I read of problems encountered with the process. That, plus the fact EZ probably won't restore all our data and trying to connect user accounts here with the old posts, make it look like a very complex task. Not sure I could pull it off. So, I think the best approach is to cut and paste old posts. At least we can still read what was written and then continue on from there. Of course this will mean re-quoting the stooges, but then... that's always fun anyhow. Hope everyone understands it's about the best I can do. Thanks.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on June 19th, 2005, 8:38 pm

One thing that has to be said is how well you seem to be taking all of this. I actually commend you and wish I could be more understanding like you.
The $10 bucks is just a principal thing, I'm not too worried about it, it would be nice but it's a protest guesture on my part.

I went back and took a look and you're correct, lots of missing posts! The shame of it all is that there were some really funny exchanges between all of us in those threads. Oh well, we'll just have start again!

edit,,,,

Oooops, almost forgot to say thank you for all the hard work in giving us a new home to act like numbskulls! We appreciate it!
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

EZ woes

Postby Lunkhead on June 19th, 2005, 10:27 pm

One thing that has to be said is how well you seem to be taking all of this.

Thanks DK. I did do some ranting for a while, mostly over at StoogeWorld.
The $10 bucks is just a principal thing, I'm not too worried about it, it would be nice but it's a protest guesture on my part.

Here is my post at the support board and EZ's reply concerning the refund:
Lunkhead

Posted: 6/19/05 11:37
Re: Community Chest Funds
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello,

My EzBoard address is: p076.ezboard.com/blunkheadsplace

Before the recent EzBoard disaster, one of my members named "DangerkittyToTheRescue" donated $10.00 to our community chest. He is now asking if he can have the $10.00 refunded to him, as he no longer wishes to support EzBoard.

Please let me know if this is possible.

Thanks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ezMish

ezboard Moderator
ezSupporter
Posted: 6/19/05 12:30
Re: Community Chest Funds
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
he would have to open a payments ticket - same procedure as usual.
http://helpdesk.ezboard.com/?_a=tickets&_m=submit&group=payments

However, until the chests are fully restored on all boards nothing will be done with his request.

I clicked on the link in that reply. It took me to a page with the heading, "ezboard Email Support". It's confusing though, because it looks like you're supposed to submit a ticket for the refund, but if you click a link from there called "Refund Policy", it offers this information:

Does ezboard offer refunds?
No. Our Terms of Use state that ezboard is not obligated to issue refunds, in part or in whole, for the Gold community or ezSupporter programs. The only circumstances under which we will issue a refund would be a payment processing error (i.e. if a duplicate payment was processed) and the extra funds have not yet been donated to a community.

What we can do, however, is transfer any unapplied payment to another account or community of your choice. You may request a transfer using our Payment Issues form. Please include the email receipt from your payment.

I don't get it. On the one hand, they're telling us you need to open a payments ticket. Then on the other, the policy says they're not obligated to issue refunds. :rolleyes:

Oooops, almost forgot to say thank you for all the hard work in giving us a new home to act like numbskulls! We appreciate it!

You're very welcome DK. I really appreciate everyone's understanding and willingness to migrate to a new board. I'm very thankful, cause without you guys, a message board is meaningless. Also glad we found out about these phpBB2 boards. They are really nice and I'm enjoying working with it. :wink:
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on June 21st, 2005, 7:38 pm

Thanks for trying Lunkhead, it's more of a small protest than anything else for all the damage that was done. I figure if EZ gets a bunch of refund requests maybe they'll take notice. :wink:

Thanks for trying, its now water under the bridge, besides I like the new home that you found for us! :happy1:
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

The new place

Postby Lunkhead on June 22nd, 2005, 5:32 pm

You're welcome DK and thanks for your understanding. Glad you like the new board. As I get time, I'll try to customize even more.
Happy it's working out so well.
:happy2:

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Return to Open Discussion