Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - Dangerkitty's new turkey deep fryer! , , ,with pics

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

Dangerkitty's new turkey deep fryer! , , ,with pics

General talk about any old ting. Let's yak!

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

Dangerkitty's new turkey deep fryer! , , ,with pics

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on November 23rd, 2006, 8:57 pm

DK has a new turkey deep fryer!

Yes, I made the investment, it was on sale and Home Depot matched a lower price on the "bonus" pack. Some assembly required but that builds anticipation! Oh this is exciting!

Yes, I'm in heaven. My new turkey fryer is simple outstanding. Crispy turkey on the outside, juicy and tender on the inside! I've been waiting for the "big day" for about a week and I almost blew it, I ran short of peanut oil! Lucky for me, I got frying right away after an emergency run, K-Mart was still open.

Yes, you guessed it, I deep fried some bacon. Oh man alive, someone stop me already! I dipped it into the hot oil for only two minutes, oh baby, that's delicious! It's my favorite vegetable!

Yes, the turkey fryer is my new wife!

Ok, name the similarity between the Detroit Lions and a fresh turkey,,,, They both should be boiled in oil! Hahahahaha I kill myself!

Would you like some desert? Yes, another turkey, hahahahaha. Tender and juicy, the meat fell off the bones and the clean up was a snap.

Oh baby, this has been the best Thanksgiving day ever, no relatives to fight with, lots of football on TV, unlimited leftovers and an after dinner nap.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm enjoying this but I know full well that my entire family and at least half of the forum will be busting down my door for turkey dinner next year.

More pictures and the heavy aroma of deep fried turkey here at my photo-page.

http://www.jetman.smugmug.com/gallery/2164225

Thanks for letting me share my excitement. Deep fried Johnsonville Brats are next, oh my gosh, I'm out of control! Hahahahaha

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on November 24th, 2006, 12:04 am

Wow, that looks great and sounds delicious!! Glad to hear you had a nice Thanksgiving DK. Ours was fun - all the usuals: dinner, movies and putting up Christmas decorations. Now I'm off to sleep it off.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Wilytank on November 27th, 2006, 7:10 am

Looked liked it would explode. But it looks like the turkey came out okay.
Official spammer executioner
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on December 3rd, 2006, 12:23 am

Wilytank wrote:Looked liked it would explode. But it looks like the turkey came out okay.

No kidding, next time I will inject it with marinade. Tomorrow I will be trying to deep fry some turkey drumsticks with marinade, why not, they were on sale for .79 cents a pound.

Moe,,,,"Twenty minutes to a pound, we'll be here a month."

My deep fried steak experiments are progressing with limited results but bacon comes out great.

The deep fried Snickers and Kit-Kat bars were a disaster. the pie crust was too thick, "it was sabbatoogie I tell you!"
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Wilytank on December 3rd, 2006, 7:15 am

DangerkittyToTheRescue wrote:
Wilytank wrote:Looked liked it would explode. But it looks like the turkey came out okay.

No kidding, next time I will inject it with marinade. Tomorrow I will be trying to deep fry some turkey drumsticks with marinade, why not, they were on sale for .79 cents a pound.

Moe,,,,"Twenty minutes to a pound, we'll be here a month."

My deep fried steak experiments are progressing with limited results but bacon comes out great.

The deep fried Snickers and Kit-Kat bars were a disaster. the pie crust was too thick, "it was sabbatoogie I tell you!"

Change of avatar I see.
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

Be-boppin cat!

Postby Lunkhead on December 3rd, 2006, 9:20 am

And what a great one it is, LOL!
Good luck with the drumsticks DK.
You should have no problem as your new cat avatar surely has the beat!
:band: Image :drummer: :guitarman:
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on December 3rd, 2006, 1:35 pm

Thanks for the compliments but that avatar is on loan.

I wrote to the owner who is a member of the car forum that I'm on for a couple to things,,,,

(1) permission to use, or the actual avatar.
(2) make me an original avatar.
(3) a link to the program to make my own.

Update on deep frying,,, "I'm not burned out on deep frying yet. nyuk nyuk nyuk.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Deep fry a snickers bar? Am I nuts?

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on December 11th, 2006, 6:49 pm

Yes I did try to deep-fry a Snicker bar. Of course everyone already knows that I recently purchased a turkey deep fryer, my adventure / picture story is here.

Here was the plan. Wrap the Snickers bars in piecrust dough with a little cinnamon and have at it for about two minutes in the deep fryer.

Well that was a disaster, didn’t cook all the way, pie dough was only half baked (so am I), a quick re-dip in the hot oil proved fruitless. I drowned my sorrows in the left over candy bars while I pondered a new strategy over the course of a week. :ohwell:

- - - - - - - - - - -

Ok then, lets try again. This time I’ll flatten out the dough real thin and fry them up that way. I used larger bars and even tried a Milky Way bar for grins and giggles.

Well long story short, The Snickers bar had a blow out and the oil started boiling furiously, it was your basic Chernobyl, nothing left but charred remnants of a once perfectly good Snickers bar. I’ll spare you the graphic pics. Nothing satisfying about that at all. :frown:

The Milky Way bar fared better, crispy on the outside and the caramel nugget was toasty warm. It was ok, interesting but nothing to write home about. Nothing ventured, nothing gained for my little appetizer attempt.

My back up plan was a feast of Cajun pepper seasoned, deep fried turkey quarters and drumsticks. Cripsy on the outside, so juicy, succulent, mouth watering and flavorful.

It’s time now for a nice after-dinner nap. :wink:

Ah, life is good. (,,, but I won't be ruining any more Snickers bars,,,) :laugh1:
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on December 11th, 2006, 9:36 pm

The bacon and toikey look good there DK. Ya made me hungry!
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Wilytank on December 12th, 2006, 3:43 pm

Lunkhead wrote:The bacon and toikey look good there DK. Ya made me hungry!

BACON!!!!!!!!
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on December 12th, 2006, 6:58 pm

Wilytank wrote:
Lunkhead wrote:The bacon and toikey look good there DK. Ya made me hungry!

BACON!!!!!!!!

Oooh baby, it's the best bacon ever, especially if you want to crumble it over salad, potatos or whatever. It takes only two minutes and there is very little grease, you would be amazed, the paper towel barely soaks up any grease as compared to regular pan fried bacon.
That being said, you don't have that "wake up the neighborhood" aroma that I like so much with pan frying.

Speaking of bacon,,,,,, I have another little story,,,,,

Last summer on a Saturday night, I got home from downtown Royal Oak before midnight and decided that I wanted a little snack. I fired up the BBQ gas grill and tossed on a steak and potato. Now my neighbor was having some of her little friends over, they were out on the porch, I noticed that the summer breeze was wafting the BBQ aroma towards their party so I decided to tease them a bit. I tossed some Johnsonville brats, some onions, bacon, garlic toast on the grill and arroused the BBQ flames with worchestershire sauce. I'm telling you that the aroma coming off that grill was to die for and it was blowing at their little party.

Well anyways, about 30 minutes later, the pizza deliveryman arrives at their party, no doubt I had worked their appetite into a feeding frenzy.

I kinda felt bad about the bacon, pork and sausage, you see, my neighbor is Jewish. She came up to me the next day and said, "I love you as my neighbor but honest to God, you and that BBQ grill, you're killing me, you're just killing me!"

Hahahahaha, yeah, I know, I know, I'm a little stinker.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Return to Open Discussion