Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - Pandora internet radio, this is really cool

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

Pandora internet radio, this is really cool

General talk about any old ting. Let's yak!

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

Pandora internet radio, this is really cool

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on December 9th, 2006, 4:53 am

I love Pandora!

The basic idea is that you pick out a song or group and it will play songs that are similar in genre, you hear alot of music that you would never hear on regular radio. You basicaly make your own station by giving a "thumbs up" or a "thumbs down" to the songs that get played. You can make up to 100 music stations and can edit, add music or even email a station to a friend.

It's free, just need to register.

I learned about Pandora on another forum couple months ago and I've listened to it at my work station ever since. I typed in the group Asia and it played some Poco Harum, UK, King Crimson, Uriah Heap and Yes. I was astonished, it depends on what you give a thumbs up to I guess.

Try it, you may enjoy it, no microphonies at all.

http://www.pandora.com
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

your own playlists

Postby Lunkhead on December 9th, 2006, 9:24 pm

Funny you should mention this DK. My son recently got me hooked on a similar site. It's www.radioblogclub.com. You can search for artists or songs and make your own playlists. I'm getting to hear a lot of tunes I've not heard in ages, and some rare tracks too. This site is also free, but you have to register in order to create playlists. Man, I love it! I'll have to check out Pandora too. Thanks for the info, and keep on boppin there Hep Cat!
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Re: Pandora internet radio, this is really cool

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on February 10th, 2008, 11:07 am

Had to post my station from pandora.com, it's heavy into prog music of ELP, Kansas, Poco Harlum, Genisis, King Crimson, Yes with some Rush tossed in for flavor. :happy1:

http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh232106415016735168

I don't think that you need to register to listen to it, someone let me know.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on February 10th, 2008, 8:22 pm

Thanks Tom. I did have to register to listen, but that's ok. It was easy. Very cool stuff. I think I must have registered before because it seemed to remember a station I created a while back - David Bowie radio. Pretty neat.
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on February 10th, 2008, 8:40 pm

I thought that they did indead change it because I sent a home station to work and remember that I didn't need to go through the registration process. David Bowie eh, please send me that one!

Ok then, what did you think of ELP radio?
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on February 10th, 2008, 9:04 pm

Ok then, what did you think of ELP radio?

Way cool! I love the related groups they play. Nice that they feature more than just the big hit songs too. I like hearing album tracks that normally don't get airplay.
David Bowie eh, please send me that one!

I just sent you this through the friends option that Pandora has. More good groups. In addition to Bowie, you'll hear some Beatles, Neil Young, new wave stuff, etc.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on February 11th, 2008, 12:45 pm

I look forward to getting the "David Bowie" radio station in my email when I get home from work.

I've been thinking, I need to get a 20 foot patch cord to go from my office computer to my surround sound in my living room so I can really crank up the music. Oh yes, my appartment neighbors will really love now. :laugh1:
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on February 12th, 2008, 7:15 pm

I like the ELP station as well. I'm hearing a classic KANSAS song right now - THE WALL. I switch back and forth between the 2 for the different style bands.
Great site, that Pandora! :thumbs_up1:

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on February 15th, 2008, 12:58 pm

Lunkhead wrote:
I just sent you this through the friends option that Pandora has. More good groups. In addition to Bowie, you'll hear some Beatles, Neil Young, new wave stuff, etc.

Didn't get your radio station. Wide Open West has some serious spam filters, probably blocking anything from pandora, try to copy and paste the link into an email and send it to me if you can. Thanks Lunk!
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on February 15th, 2008, 9:59 pm

Try this Tom:

http://www.pandora.com/stations/e81c6158209f83d366d6cdfbaa7e20a63a1b964518022e6c#

You'll still have to login when the page loads.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on February 17th, 2008, 1:27 pm

Thats a nice radio station, I like Bowie radio, good stuff. As I was listening it asked me if I wanted this station ot be a "shared" station which I declined. If your Bowie station changes on you it might be because other folks are editing it as part of a shared station.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Xenorama on February 20th, 2008, 4:20 pm

this has been here forever, but it took a tall blond to make me use it. story of my life!

http://www.pandora.com/people/xenorama

David
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

Postby Lunkhead on February 20th, 2008, 6:36 pm

Cool, David. I'll check out some of your stations too. :guitarman:

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on May 31st, 2010, 5:06 pm

David Bowie playing, yeah I'm rocking the joint!

It's a bittersweet day here, my favorite music service, lala.com, is terminating service at the end of the day. For those who were unaware, lala.com is a music service where you could listen to entire songs, entire albums prior to making a purchase.

The really cool part is that you could "search" for a specific artist, Roxy Music, for instance and it would cue up the top/ popular songs and you could listen to say 50 or more songs. Now you probably heard of the first dozen or so but then you got into the long forgotton treasures.

Anyways, even if I posted a month ago, they stopped taking new clients when they announced the termination date. This is another of those little internet gems lost to progress, a sad day indead.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Return to Open Discussion