Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - A new career

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

A new career

General talk about any old ting. Let's yak!

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

Postby Lunkhead on March 8th, 2007, 6:37 pm

I hear ya!

Look at that! They can't wait to get their hands on me!! Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Offline for a few...

Postby Lunkhead on March 13th, 2007, 5:32 pm

Well, tomorrow morning I'm having surgery on my you-know-whats. It's minor, but I'll probably be offline for at least a couple days during the initial recovery.

Talk to yas later!
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

speedy recovery

Postby Xenorama on March 13th, 2007, 6:58 pm

good luck, Lunk! For Duty and Humanity, and your gal will be waiting for you on the other side!

David
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

Postby Lunkhead on March 13th, 2007, 7:48 pm

Thanks David. Hey, my current avatar sure looks appropriate for tomorrow, don't it? :laugh1:
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on March 13th, 2007, 8:40 pm

Good luck and best wishes for a speedy recovery!

After the operation may I suggest a nice rest for you?
I've booked a stay at Dr. Mallards Rest Home and Clinic.
I understand the steam room is very nice.
They've got plenty of nurses too!

Seriously take it easy, don't laugh at us wise-crackers too much.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on March 14th, 2007, 1:02 pm

,,,,"Give me an anestetic Doctor."
,,,,"What color?"
,,,,"He means that he wants to be knocked out."
,,,,"Oooooooohhhhh."
- - - CLANG - - -
,,,,"What did you give him?"
,,,,"HAMMERITIS."

Maybe I should hold off on the wise cracks until we hear back from Lunkhead on how well he is doing.

Sorry, didn't mean to be insensitive.

How are you doing?
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Wilytank on March 15th, 2007, 6:02 pm

So now what?
Official spammer executioner
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

Postby Lunkhead on March 16th, 2007, 11:53 am

Hi everyone! I'm back.

Maybe I should hold off on the wise cracks until we hear back from Lunkhead on how well he is doing.

Sorry, didn't mean to be insensitive.

How are you doing?

Please don't worry about that DK. I appreciate the jokes! (Though I have to watch I don't laugh too hard right now.)

Thank you everyone for the well wishes. The surgery went fine - that was the easiest part. Dr. Howard administered the anestetic and I went nighty night in less than a minute. Next thing I knew, I woke up and it was all over. They treated me very well at the clinic. It was outpatient surgery and my wife drove me home the same day. The first day of recovery and yesterday were pretty rough though. Moving around was painful and I felt like a helpless infant, but today is better. Actually made it out to the computer. Each day will get easier. I won't be able to stay on the computer very long today, but wanted to let everyone know I'm ok.

Thanks again all.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on March 22nd, 2007, 5:10 am

Calling Doctor Howard, Doctor Fine, Doctor Howard!

How are you doing? Need more nurses? (just kidding)

cotton, cotton, cotton!

For duty and humanity!

Hope you're feeling better!
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Chapter 18: One More Challenge

Postby Lunkhead on March 22nd, 2007, 7:40 am

Need more nurses?

Why soitenly! :curly1:

Thanks DK. It was a week yesterday since the surgery and recovery has been slow, but steady. I also saw my doctor so he could check how I'm healing. He said everything looks good concerning the 2 hernias he repaired. We also set the date for my next surgery.

I don't think I mentioned there were a total of 3 hernias. 2 in the lower area and 1 around the belly button. My doctor said repairing all 3 in one shot would have been too much on me, and I'm grateful he let me know that in advance. Just recovering from the first 2 has been pretty rough. So, I still have that last hernia to be repaired. He'll do the second and final surgery on 4/11.

I touched base with the company I'd hoped to work for and updated them on my status. Not sure if they can hold the job for me until I'm fully recovered, but they said they would try to postpone the start date as long as possible. I can't ask for much more than that and it's understandable if they can't wait. It's their business and if they need a driver now, what else can they do? I still hope maybe somehow to get hired there and keeping them informed certainly helps.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Afa Dollah on March 22nd, 2007, 1:45 pm

Good to have you back, Lunk. Glad to hear you are feeling better, but I'm sorry to hear about the third hernia. Lift with your knees, ya knucklehead! Just kidding. Good luck with the job, that's rough but it sounds like it is a fairly understanding company.
"Take your stinking paws off me, you damn dirty ape!"
Afa Dollah
Imbecile

Postby Lunkhead on March 22nd, 2007, 5:25 pm

Thanks Afa. It's strange, but until the recent DOT physicals, I was basically unaware of the hernias. There wasn't much pain, but I was starting to notice a bulge around my gut and some discomfort. [I just thought I was fat, LOL]. Through the years, I was told I had the potential for hernias during occasional check-ups. I guess they just got worse as time went on. Oh well, that's what happens when you get to be an old fart like me.

I'm glad that after this next surgery and recovery, I'll be in good physical shape. No more worries about lifting or passing the physicals. If this job doesn't work out, there'll be plenty of others to go for.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Afa Dollah on March 26th, 2007, 11:21 am

How are you feeling these days, Lunk? Getting around a little better I hope. I'm sure you're taking it easy but don't overdo anything.
"Take your stinking paws off me, you damn dirty ape!"
Afa Dollah
Imbecile

Postby Lunkhead on March 26th, 2007, 12:02 pm

Hi Afa. Thanks for asking. I'm healing well from the surgery on the first 2 hernias. Taking it pretty easy here, but getting around much better. I might even try a little driving this week. The 3rd hernia is still uncomfortable, so I'm looking forward to getting the last surgery over with. That will be on 4/11. Hopefully, it'll be smooth sailing after that.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on March 26th, 2007, 4:28 pm

Thats good that you're getting it all taken care of right away. Just take it really easy, I'm sure that you've been warned not to rupture a hernia operation.
Need more nurses yet?
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

PreviousNext

Return to Open Discussion