Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - A new career

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

A new career

General talk about any old ting. Let's yak!

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

A new career

Postby Lunkhead on January 7th, 2007, 10:14 pm

As some of you know, I've been unemployed since last July. Having grown tired of the computer field, I decided to get training in the trucking industry. I'd considered this off and on through my working life before, but never had the opportunity to attempt it. I began attending a driver training school right after Thanksgiving, and yesterday I tested and passed the final tests for my CDL A. I've found I really like driving those big tractor trailers and it's exciting to have finally passed all the tests. My school has job placement assistance and I feel good about getting a new job soon. They have connections for local jobs, so I should be able to get something where I'll be home every night. I'm still going to complete additional training for a passenger/bus endorsement, but that's just icing on the cake. This was a great weekend as I got to drive to and from the test site which was hours away. Some of the driving was through mountainous areas and was really cool. Just wanted to share my good news with yas! :happy1:
Last edited by Lunkhead on March 16th, 2007, 11:53 am, edited 4 times in total.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

congrats!

Postby Xenorama on January 8th, 2007, 12:08 am

that's some great news! be wary of those three guys you hire to help unload your truck tho! :moe1: :larry1: :curly1:
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

Postby Lunkhead on January 8th, 2007, 7:49 am

Thanks David! Yep, I'll make sure not to apply at the Panther Brewing Company.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Lunkhead on January 18th, 2007, 5:44 pm

Even though I passed all the CDL A tests, I also wanted to get a passenger/bus endorsement (which required additional tests). I figured I'd get everything I could so my options will be wide open. I finished all that up today and passed. I now have my new CDL license with all the endorsements and will probably be applying for some jobs through my school next week. Another good day it twas! :happy1:
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on January 18th, 2007, 6:45 pm

Wow!
That is great news to hear!
Congratulations!
I have all the admiration for you, you pulled through a tough streak, you should be very proud of yourself!
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on January 18th, 2007, 7:41 pm

Thanks for the kind words DK. I appreciate it! :wink:
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Exile on January 26th, 2007, 7:49 pm

Congratulations Lunkhead!

Keep on truckin!

(I never get tired of that joke)
Exile
Pumpkinbrain

Postby Lunkhead on January 26th, 2007, 10:07 pm

Thanks Exile! Good to see you here again. I'll get the next PRISONER ep up soon, BTW.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Afa Dollah on January 27th, 2007, 2:31 pm

How did I miss this thread? I'm a victim of soicumstance! Way to go, Lunk.
"Take your stinking paws off me, you damn dirty ape!"
Afa Dollah
Imbecile

Postby Lunkhead on January 27th, 2007, 7:37 pm

Thanks Afa!
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Afa Dollah on January 29th, 2007, 3:06 pm

I have trouble backing up a little bitty trailer with my pick up. In fact, I suck at it. How you can push those big ones around is beyond me, bud.
"Take your stinking paws off me, you damn dirty ape!"
Afa Dollah
Imbecile

Postby Lunkhead on January 29th, 2007, 9:21 pm

It takes a lot of practice Afa. I learned enough to pass the tests, but my skills should get even better after I get a job and do more alley docking on a regular basis. I'm really psyched to get started! There are a couple possibilities in the works, so I'm hoping to lock in soon.

Oh, and scout's honor - I swear I'll never torment anyone like that crazy trucker in the movie DUEL. :haughty:
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on January 29th, 2007, 11:36 pm

Duel, yes I remember that movie! Dennis Weaver was such a wimp, I started to root for the truck driver!
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Wilytank on January 30th, 2007, 3:42 pm

How the truck can you drive those things?
Official spammer executioner
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

Postby Lunkhead on January 30th, 2007, 6:11 pm

Verrrrrryyyyyyy carrrrrrefullyyyyyyy... :wink:
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Next

Return to Open Discussion