Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - A new career

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

A new career

General talk about any old ting. Let's yak!

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

and still more trouble in the glen

Postby Lunkhead on May 25th, 2007, 5:23 pm

Up the hill backwards... :indifferent:

Well, unfortunately things didn't work out with that job I spoke of. I'd rather not go into it, but there were reasons I couldn't continue there. So, we're back to being unemployed again ---- but wait! I did find a place where I can work as a limo driver at least part time, occasional, temporary, maybe full, etc... In fact, I had my first gig last night. It went smooth and I should get more work from this. Trouble is, it's sporadic. However, I do have some interviews coming up for other full time driving jobs, so I just have to keep at it. Mercy!!
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Afa Dollah on May 27th, 2007, 12:03 pm

YEEEOUCH, that's tough. Sorry to hear that, Lunk. At least there's some fill in work for you. Keep plugging away, and have a good holiday weekend. Can you spell "Chrysanthemum?"
"Take your stinking paws off me, you damn dirty ape!"
Afa Dollah
Imbecile

Postby Lunkhead on May 27th, 2007, 1:53 pm

Thanks Afa. I know things will work out in the end. I'm doing the leg work and just have to hang in there until I get a good situation.

Hey, you have a great holiday yourself! Thanks again.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on May 27th, 2007, 4:54 pm

Sorry to hear the difficult news.
There are some good points to remember, you have had your operations, you've been through training, you're working part time and you haven't given up at all. Lots of employers will look with favor at your positive attitude.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on May 27th, 2007, 5:04 pm

Thanks DK. I appreciate it. It has made things difficult at home, but I just gotta keep on truckin'. :wink:
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on June 12th, 2007, 1:18 pm

Lunkhead wrote:Thanks DK. I appreciate it. It has made things difficult at home, but I just gotta keep on truckin'. :wink:

Update please? It's been a month since you've been cleared by your doctors to return to work, how are you doing?

- - - - - - - -

Curly,,,,"Don't look now but we're about to be killed."
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on June 13th, 2007, 9:38 am

It's tough right now finding a full time job. Working a lot of crazy hours at the limo place [literally anytime of the day or night], which is ok for now - and then job hunting and interviewing on my time off. Sleep is lousy with my unpredictable schedule and I basically don't have much of a life - that's why I haven't been online much. Hopefully something will come through soon. This ain't a heck of a lot of fun. I'm seeing a job placement person this Friday at the school where I got my CDL so maybe that will lead to a normal, steady job. <<FINGERS CROSSED>>
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Shempchick on June 14th, 2007, 5:51 pm

Wish you nothing but the best Lunk ! :shemp1:
The chick who LOVES Shemp (and Larry, Curly & Moe) !!
Shempchick
Pumpkinbrain

Postby Lunkhead on June 14th, 2007, 7:08 pm

Thanks Shempchick. I know things will get better. Sometimes ya just gotta hang in there; something good is usually right around the corner. :smile3:

P.S. Nice to see you here again. We need all the active members we can get for stooge madness and fun. :3stooges:
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Lunkhead on June 19th, 2007, 8:11 pm

Still woikin on things. Gee, it's a lot of work looking for work. Meanwhile, I get to drive the mini-bus to New York again tomorrow for the limo joint. I always like seeing the Empire State Building, even from a distance.

LUNKHEAD'S LIMO, INC.

At your service night and day,
We'll get you there, but you must pay!
zzzzzZZZZZZOOOOOOOTTTTTTT!

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

You talkin' to me?????

Postby Lunkhead on June 23rd, 2007, 11:49 am

Something better work out soon.
I'm beginning to feel like Robert DeNiro in TAXI DRIVER!

... Just kidding :laugh1:
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Wilytank on June 25th, 2007, 7:01 pm

LOL
I haven't been able to be here all weekend. I was in Rehobeth.
Luckily, there isn't much new.
Official spammer executioner
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

YES!

Postby Lunkhead on June 28th, 2007, 8:07 pm

Finally, I have a full-time job again!! Hurray! :green_jumper:
I'm scheduled to start training next week. I'll be driving tour buses of various sizes and classic trolleys. Looks like a decent company and a fun place to work.

Somehow, I knew I'd wind in a job similar to one of my heroes - Ralph Kramden.... AND LOVING IT!

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Shempchick on June 28th, 2007, 8:46 pm

Congratulations !!

You could have been a census taker...

"Good morning, sir. I'm the census taker. Are you married or happy?"

Lots of luck Lunk !!
The chick who LOVES Shemp (and Larry, Curly & Moe) !!
Shempchick
Pumpkinbrain

Postby Lunkhead on June 28th, 2007, 10:14 pm

Thanks Shempchick! :smile3:

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

PreviousNext

Return to Open Discussion