Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - A new career

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

A new career

General talk about any old ting. Let's yak!

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

Postby Lunkhead on July 9th, 2007, 4:39 pm

Afraid not, Afa. I'll be delivering medical supplies.

Then again, I may moonlight at the limo place some weekends down the road, so all hope is not lost. :gorgeous:
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Afa Dollah on July 11th, 2007, 12:15 pm

Sounds like a good gig. What are you driving, like a 22 footer?
"Take your stinking paws off me, you damn dirty ape!"
Afa Dollah
Imbecile

Postby Lunkhead on July 11th, 2007, 6:48 pm

They do have a couple straight trucks that size and also large deisel vans.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Lunkhead on July 18th, 2007, 5:56 am

Sorry I haven't been around much lately. Been working lots of overtime, which is a good thing.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Wilytank on July 18th, 2007, 1:25 pm

At least we have chicken.
Official spammer executioner
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

Postby Lunkhead on July 18th, 2007, 7:01 pm

Yep - we have fried, baked, rotisserie and my favorite - General's Chicken! :happy1:

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on July 18th, 2007, 9:22 pm

Lunkhead wrote:Sorry I haven't been around much lately. Been working lots of overtime, which is a good thing.

Thats the best news out of you all year! You really have to be proud of yourself, you did come a very long way, I admire your effort and determination!
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on July 19th, 2007, 5:47 am

Thanks for the kind words, DK. I appreciate it. It has been a long road and I'm so glad to be finally working steady again.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Wilytank on July 19th, 2007, 12:35 pm

And the money's good too.
Official spammer executioner
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

NEED A JOB

Postby Afa Dollah on August 2nd, 2007, 12:40 pm

Well, the business I have been helping to build for the last six years has failed to the point where there is no longer a living wage coming in. I have no idea what happened to our traffic, it is gone. It faded over the last two years, probably due initially to Hurricane Wilma in Cancun and Cozumel. Now there just may be too many other internet options for travel and Apple's pricing may not be all that competitive. Perhaps people are more unwilling to travel outside the US. Whatever. In waiting for the trend to reverse, I am now at the end of my financial rope and have been working on my resume this week and will be pounding the pavement searching for something to pay the bills and put food on the table.
Afa Dollah
Imbecile

Postby Lunkhead on August 4th, 2007, 9:06 pm

I'm truly sorry to hear that, Afa. I know how tough it is starting over. Your business experience will be a big plus though. Best of luck in finding another job. I hope you find one you really enjoy. Hang in there and let us know how things go. Chin up, mate.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Afa Dollah on August 5th, 2007, 2:34 pm

Well, I'm hoping to hear tomorrow about a job installing computer floors. At least it would be something......(crosses fingers)
Afa Dollah
Imbecile

Postby Lunkhead on August 5th, 2007, 5:40 pm

Good luck. Hope it works out for you.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on August 5th, 2007, 9:17 pm

Afa Dollah wrote:Well, I'm hoping to hear tomorrow about a job installing computer floors. At least it would be something......(crosses fingers)

I hope that you get the job, you know, the money coming in is most important part right now. Just wondering about your business, did you try to survey your past customers to see why they were not repaeting the business with you? Is that even possible in your case?
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Afa Dollah on August 6th, 2007, 12:58 pm

Okay, the good news is that I start early tomorrow installing computer floors. DK, we still have some solid repeat customers, we just don't know where the new traffic went. It seems no one is even shopping for travel, but we shall see. I'll keep at it daily as I can.
Afa Dollah
Imbecile

PreviousNext

Return to Open Discussion