Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - Hi everyone, I got a cat.

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

Hi everyone, I got a cat.

General talk about any old ting. Let's yak!

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

Postby Afa Dollah on May 11th, 2007, 1:22 pm

In the meantime, here's a link to his shelter picture.

http://www.aawl.org/petdetail.asp?PetId=285

Trying to get my friend with a digital camera over here and then maybe I can email a couple more.
"Take your stinking paws off me, you damn dirty ape!"
Afa Dollah
Imbecile

Postby Lunkhead on May 12th, 2007, 10:52 am

He's a beautiful cat, Afa and he reminds my of one of my tabbies only more reddish. Mine have more of light orange to carmel color.

Here's a comparison:

Image Image
_________________Redford____________________________________Harly Jr._________________

Tabbies are so cool. Mine are both very affectionate.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Afa Dollah on May 12th, 2007, 11:22 am

Thanks Lunk. He looks a little redder in that photo than he really is. And his ears are white inside, not pink. I'll see about getting some other photos sometime. He is a very affectionate cat. Still adjusting to the house and noises, but seems to have found a few places he likes to hang out.
Afa Dollah
Imbecile

Postby Wilytank on May 23rd, 2007, 5:42 pm

My dad found a black cat around his sawmill. It was missing a foot and part of its tail. My sister takes care of it when she goes over there.
Official spammer executioner
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

Postby Afa Dollah on May 24th, 2007, 9:11 pm

That's pretty good of her. It sounds like the cat can use all the help it can get, even though it sounds like it has adapted pretty well.

I finally named this cat Bogie. He's really settling in.
Afa Dollah
Imbecile

Postby Lunkhead on May 25th, 2007, 12:44 pm

Good choice, Afa.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Wilytank on May 26th, 2007, 5:22 am

Also, the cat that my dad found hasn't been neutred yet.
Official spammer executioner
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on May 28th, 2007, 8:15 am

Here we go, a couple of pictures of my new Bengal kittens.

This is Nyrobi, he’s a 5-1/2 month old pure bred Bengal. He’s going to be a bruiser probably growing to about 15 - 20 pounds. He loves playing with the feather toy.

This is the new kitten with no name yet, 5-month old, pure bred Bengal. He’s a lean kitten machine of play, purring and love.

The new kitten was supposed to be a breeder / show kitten but Jill at Legacie Bengals didn’t have the heart to destine this one to a life in a pen / cage, just too sweet, I got so lucky with this one.

The cool part of this story is when the new kitten was born, it’s mother didn’t produce any milk so Nyrobi’s mother nursed it. Pretty cool eh? The two kittens are not related but are littermates so to speak.
Nyrobi on left, new kitten on right.

I really love these two a lot, they’re so smart, active and playful, not one single accident outside of the litter box.. Nyrobi’s still a bit shy of me but is warming up nicely.

I have to come up with a name for the new one, maybe “Skittles” or “Mr. Plinko”, we’ll see.
Last edited by DangerkittyToTheRescue on May 28th, 2007, 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on May 28th, 2007, 8:40 am

They are absolutely beautiful, DK. Best of luck with them. Sounds like you're off to a great start.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Afa Dollah on May 28th, 2007, 11:56 am

Those are beautiful cats, DK.

Wily, sometimes a shelter will loan you a catch alive trap. You bait it with tuna and then take the cat in to get it fixed and release it again. It saves hundreds or even thousands of homeless feral cats being born.
Afa Dollah
Imbecile

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on May 29th, 2007, 1:59 pm

Thanks guys for the compliments.

The new kitten is just adorable, loved me right from the start.
Nyrobi is a different story. It's going to take lots of work to get him to trust me and also get used to me handling him.

They both go in for "clip n chip" on Wednesday, you know, neutering and micro-chip for identification. I'm wondering if that will settle Nyrobi down a bit?
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Nyrobi at the vets, You’re not neutering me!

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on May 31st, 2007, 12:48 pm

Nyrobi,,,,”I’m not getting neutered”!

Give little Nyrobi credit, he didn’t go easily! Prior to his “alteration” he broke out of his cage at the vets office, ran all the way into the x-ray room, gave the technicians a chase and a battle, fortunately nobody was hurt.

Too funny, now the vet knows what I go through every time I have to bring him in. Believe me, that cat has got some moves, I know, I’m the one that has to catch him for his medications. It’s like I’ve been training him in the art of evasion techniques. Little Nyrobi aka Rambo on the loose.

I bet those technicians do a real good job trimming those claws on that little beast of a critter, while he’s sedated.

Anyways, mission accomplished, both have been neutered and micro chipped

Too funny.

ps,,,, I found this out over the phone as I was calling in to check on the progress, everyone within earshot stopped what they were doing and were listening in on the conversation.

pps,,,, This is quite the trip, i've got two Bengals half stoned on pain medication, holy crap.

ppps,,,, The new kittens name is Jambi".
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Previous

Return to Open Discussion