Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - Hi everyone, I got a cat.

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

Hi everyone, I got a cat.

General talk about any old ting. Let's yak!

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

Postby Lunkhead on February 12th, 2007, 11:44 am

It sounds like you've made good progress DK. He might settle down after he gets more trusting (which it appears he is). You never know - he could turn out to be a cool cat. We'll keep our paws crossed for ya.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on February 12th, 2007, 12:28 pm

Lunkhead wrote:It sounds like you've made good progress DK. He might settle down after he gets more trusting (which it appears he is). You never know - he could turn out to be a cool cat. We'll keep our paws crossed for ya.

Thanks, I appreciate the support.

It would be pretty cool to be able to say that I took a totally wild outdoors tomcat and domesticated it into a house cat. Yeah, the toughest housecat ever to come down the pike!

I still want to get a Bangel, we'll see how it works out.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Put a deposit on a Bangel cat

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on February 13th, 2007, 11:39 am

Yes, I just put a deposit on a bangel cat last night. How much? Don't ask! I'm an imbisile but this is exactly what I want. It's a male rossetted Bangel kitten that has two absolutely beautiful parent Bangels. It will be shipped by airline in mid March, I'll pick it up at the airport.

I'm excited, this Bangel will be a big boy per the breeder and it is "higher quality" than most. I'll try to post some pictures, words cannot do justice to the stunning beauty that this cat will have. I'm at work, will post some pictures soon in I can.

Meanwhile, Bruiser is out of cage, using liter box, eating but is still very timid of me and its surroundings.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on February 14th, 2007, 3:13 pm

Woke up in middle of night, went for a glass of juice, and startled Bruiser in the kitchen, stupid thing hissed at me while scurrying out of there at mach 3 speed. I tell ya, I don't like that cat at all, should be Bruiser the weenie cat.

Lady,,,,”Does your cat have a name?”
Me,,,,"Yes, it's first name is Abby"
Lady,,,,"Does it have a last name?"
Me,,,,"Normal."
Lady,,,,"My God, that cat's abnormal!"
Me,,,,"You're telling me! nyuk nyuk nyuk "
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on February 17th, 2007, 8:40 pm

So I woke up Thursday morning freezing to death, looked under the bed and the cat was sitting in front of the heat vent under my bed. That stupid cat was hogging all my heat.

The cat thought he was so smart but I'm smarter. I'm no ordinary imbisile!

I went and stuck two sided industrial sticky tape to some plywood planks and placed them in front of the heat duct, Nyuk nyuk nyuk. Cats don't like sticky stuff on their paw pads.

So I wake up Friday morning all toasty warm, yup, worked like a charm.
Found the cat is sitting on a dining room chair with a big mean scowl on his face, too bad, but way too funny.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Wilytank on February 17th, 2007, 9:37 pm

DangerkittyToTheRescue wrote:So I woke up Thursday morning freezing to death, looked under the bed and the cat was sitting in front of the heat vent under my bed. That stupid cat was hogging all my heat.

The cat thought he was so smart but I'm smarter. I'm no ordinary imbisile!

I went and stuck two sided industrial sticky tape to some plywood planks and placed them in front of the heat duct, Nyuk nyuk nyuk. Cats don't like sticky stuff on their paw pads.

So I wake up Friday morning all toasty warm, yup, worked like a charm.
Found the cat is sitting on a dining room chair with a big mean scowl on his face, too bad, but way too funny.

Good one, Major.
Official spammer executioner
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on February 17th, 2007, 9:56 pm

Wilytank wrote:Good one, Major.

Thanks Willitank, I appreciate it. Oh yeah, calling me major is embarrassing to me, c'mon now, I know you mean well, DK will be fine.

It's like a little battle of wits with this wild cat, kinda like a tune up before the "real" cat arrives in about 3-1/2 weeks. Oh sure, it's good to take care of an animal that wouldn't have made it through the winter but i kinda would like a bit of love in return, all this cat does is hide from me.

Just you watch, that cat will try to move those planks on me tonight.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Wilytank on February 18th, 2007, 10:54 am

Alright alright alright, I'll stop. Xenorama probably doesn't want to be called Cpt.(captain) either.
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on February 25th, 2007, 8:03 pm

Just an update, I still got this cat.
This cat has no idea of how to play, it must never have ever played before. A feather is just annoying to it, yeah, I'm using a 4-foot feather by the way! LOL. The cat is lightning fast at catching a catnip bag but again it's a defence mode rather than play.
Anyways, this cat just doesn't like me whatsoever despite the steady diet of tuna and salmon with it's dry food. The cat is not giving me any excuses to keep it when my Bengal arrives wich will be about three weeks from now.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Afa Dollah on February 26th, 2007, 2:31 pm

I hope it doesn't take after your new kitty in an aggressive cat fashion, defending it's new territory and all that.
"Take your stinking paws off me, you damn dirty ape!"
Afa Dollah
Imbecile

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on February 26th, 2007, 4:54 pm

Afa Dollah wrote:I hope it doesn't take after your new kitty in an aggressive cat fashion, defending it's new territory and all that.

Good point Afa, excellent observation.

It won't be able to defend its territory looking in from outside the appartment. It will be out of here, I'll set up a shelter and food bowl outside if my cousin doesn't release it outside by her house. Not trying to be mean, this cat was saved from certain frozen death, checked out, neutered and fed like a king. It'll be just fine.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Afa Dollah on February 26th, 2007, 5:53 pm

I think after a certain point it becomes really difficult to tame down a feral cat. It may have been too old to get really domesticated by the time it got taken in. At least since it's fixed it won't be making thousands of other wild cats.
"Take your stinking paws off me, you damn dirty ape!"
Afa Dollah
Imbecile

Postby Lunkhead on February 27th, 2007, 9:52 am

You did a lot of good for Bruiser DK. Like you said, maybe he can hang out outside for you. He's probably still so used to that anyhow. Best of luck with both cats, and let us know as soon as your Bengal arrives.

My tabbys were glad to see me come back home. I have them so spoiled. When I got home, they were both asleep under my daughter's bed. I peeked in at them and they gave me a drowsy, funny kind of look. I pictured them thinking, "Oh yeah, hey cool... you're the sucker that's real easy to manipulate. Where were you? We missed you, and especially your excellent service. Good to see you back." They are cool cats, and actually quite affectionate and lots of fun. Scooter in particular is becoming a real lap cat. All our pets seemed to miss me. Of course our dog Jill wailed like crazy when I came in, good old gal.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Wilytank on February 27th, 2007, 3:35 pm

DangerkittyToTheRescue wrote:
Afa Dollah wrote:I hope it doesn't take after your new kitty in an aggressive cat fashion, defending it's new territory and all that.

Good point Afa, excellent observation.

It won't be able to defend its territory looking in from outside the appartment. It will be out of here, I'll set up a shelter and food bowl outside if my cousin doesn't release it outside by her house. Not trying to be mean, this cat was saved from certain frozen death, checked out, neutered and fed like a king. It'll be just fine.

Hey what's the difference between a lawyer and a cat?
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

That's the last straw!

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on March 1st, 2007, 1:56 am

I have had this cat for a month now and it is growing more wild by the day. Yeah, I know that I called my cousin about 4 weeks ago and asked her to pick up the cat but I decided to give it another chance. It has been living with me with free run of the appartment but it has not even remotely settled down.

Today it nearly got me again. I had walked by a chair that it was under and it hissed and took a swipe at me. You know, that was it for me, I corralled the cat into the bathroom and manage to capture it into a small travel box. I called my friend, the mechanic where I work and asked him if he could drop off the cat at his house up in Brown City. He lives next to an old sod farm, there is a pond there, plenty of wildlife and critters, acres and acres of lightly forested area adjacent to a soybean and corn farm. To me, this would be cat paradice.

Anyways, I called up my cousin and gave her the bad news, I'm not keeping this beast anymore, the good news, found a nice home for it. Well, she freaked out, didn't want the cat being released and asked me to hang on to it for another day while she tried to make arrangements for another indoor home.

I love animals but she hasn't lived with this little terror for a month. Two realistic choices are the humane society where they'll put it down or release into a wonderful area away from civilization. This one is way too wild to become a house kitty. I'll call my cousin from work tomorrow and explain it again, if she still wants it, she's got it.

The cat was nearly frozen to death and had frostbitted paws when she captured it in mid January. The cat has been fed premimum food with an extra chunk of tuna or salmon, kept it warm inside, its back to full health and then some. Believe me, this cat will be just fine, probably a whole lot happier to be back outside also.

I hope that this little soap opera ends soon, I'll post the final outcome shortly.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

PreviousNext

Return to Open Discussion