Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - Hi everyone, I got a cat.

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

Hi everyone, I got a cat.

General talk about any old ting. Let's yak!

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

Postby Lunkhead on March 1st, 2007, 9:28 am

You did your best. He's got a new lease on life. Best of luck there DK.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Afa Dollah on March 1st, 2007, 1:39 pm

I agree, you have done yeoman's work in the cat's behalf. It sounds as though he may be happier outdoors; a short life but a merry one, eh? :christine1: :shemp1: Clearly, your cousin also has a good heart. However, it is possible that after she has lived with the wee beastie for a few weeks she may see your point of view. Good luck to you (and Bruiser.) :curly1:
"Take your stinking paws off me, you damn dirty ape!"
Afa Dollah
Imbecile

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on March 1st, 2007, 1:44 pm

Lunkhead wrote:You did your best. He's got a new lease on life. Best of luck there DK.

Get this!
He got picked up by my cousin and is going to a feed store in Highland Michigan. Couldn't be any better. Feed stores sell grains and feed for livestock and they need cats to keep the mouse population in control. The cat will be an indoor cat, can hide in the loft area all day and has free run of the joint at night to catch mice! The feed store wanted him because it was litter box trained, neutered and was healthy.

Hey, I did my part in keeping it alive, I'm a successful foster home.

Just happy to have it out of here, now for some peace and quiet before the Bengal arrives. Thanks for the well wishes!
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Afa Dollah on March 1st, 2007, 1:57 pm

That is a fantastic ending to your situation. As you said, a feed store is a great place to be a cat, practically ideal. Congratulations! :curly1:
Afa Dollah
Imbecile

Postby Lunkhead on March 1st, 2007, 5:34 pm

Ah, that's great news! Bruiser will love it there. Way ta go DK. Glad it worked out so well in the end. :2thumbs:
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

This is the email I sent to my family

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on March 3rd, 2007, 7:38 pm

I sent this email to my family and co-workers.

The cat is gone! Whoooo hoooo!

My cousin picked it up today.

Here is a synopsis of recent events for your entertainment.

I have had this cat for a month now and it is growing meaner and increasingly bolder by the day. Yeah, I know that I called my cousin about 3 weeks ago and asked her to pick up the cat but I decided to give it another chance. It has been living with me with free run of the apartment but it has not even remotely settled down or cheered up.

Man alive, look at that puss, what a nasty disposition!

Yesterday it nearly got me again. I had walked by a chair that it was under and it hissed and took a swipe at me. You know, that was enough for me, I corralled the cat into the bathroom and after a small argument, a heated discussion and a time out, I managed to capture it into a small travel box. I called my friend, the mechanic where I work and asked him if he could drop off the cat (read get the hell rid of it) at his house up in Brown City. He lives next to an old sod farm, there is a large pole barn, a pond there, plenty of wildlife and critters, acres and acres of lightly forested area adjacent to a soybean farm. To me, this would be cat paradise especially since it’s 80 miles from me!

Bruiser the cat in this picture below seemed to have other ideas, like tearing my face off.

Anyway, I called up my cousin and gave her the bad news, I'm not keeping this beast anymore, the good news, found a nice home for it. Well, she freaked out, didn't want the cat being released outside and asked me to hang on to it for another day while she tried to make arrangements for another indoor home.

She gave me a call before the high noon deadline, found a new home, asked if I thought if I could get the cat into its cage? No problem, I told her it was already in its travel box, complete with industrial strength duct tape and air holes! C'mon over and get it, immediately wouldn't be too soon.

I rushed home and packed the cats bags with glee!

Food, litter, relaxing aromatic plug in, cat nip, cat care book, yes looks all in order, good luck.

Bruiser the terror cat got picked up by my cousin and is going to a feed store in Highland Michigan. Couldn't be any better. Feed stores sell grains and feed for livestock and they need cats to keep the mouse population in control. The cat will be an indoor cat, can hide in the loft area all day and has free run of the joint at night to catch mice! The feed store wanted him because it was litter box trained, neutered and was healthy.

Did we mention nasty and vicious? The mice won't stand a chance.

The cat was trying to turn those air holes into escape holes, sorry, no dice, I’m wise to that old trick, that's why we got duct tape, industrial strength, lots of it at that!

In the month that I sheltered this cat, it never played, never ate in front of me, never sat upright or ever purred. It did however make fast work of the salmon, sardine and tuna fish treats that were regularly deposited in it's food bowl.

Good-bye, good luck, happy trails Bruiser, be sure to write home but please don't visit.

Jetman

In retrospect, I helped save its life, cat didn't like this enviroment, perhaps it will adapt to it's new home.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on March 3rd, 2007, 8:41 pm

Those are some great pictures. He really looks PO'd in that first one. Glad to hear the final outcome though. I sure wouldn't want to be a mouse with him around. :laugh1:

Good luck Bruiser! Happy hunting.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Wilytank on March 7th, 2007, 11:34 am

I SAID WHAT IS THE DIFFIRECNE BETWEEN A CAT AND A LAWER!!?
Official spammer executioner
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

Postby Lunkhead on March 7th, 2007, 12:30 pm

Q. What's the difference between a cat and a lawyer?

A. One's an arrogant creature that will ignore you contemptuously unless it thinks it can get something out of you. The other is a house pet.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on March 7th, 2007, 6:49 pm

I'm gonna give a couple of more days then I'm going to prank my cousin. I plan on calling her and telling her that her cat is outside my door waiting for me to feed it, will you please come over and get this thing outa here! Hehehehehe

I know, I'm a little stinker!
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on March 7th, 2007, 8:12 pm

You little devil you. :evil:
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Lunkhead on March 8th, 2007, 1:57 pm

DK, any word on your new Bengal cat yet? Is he due anytime soon?

:dk:
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Wilytank on April 18th, 2007, 7:40 pm

Kinda strange for a person named Danger Kitty to not have a cat untill a few months from now.
Official spammer executioner
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

Postby Lunkhead on April 26th, 2007, 10:07 pm

So DK, are we Bengaled yet?
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Afa Dollah on April 29th, 2007, 10:09 pm

Hey cat owners, I have a few questions. Last April I had to put down my most excellent dog and friend Joe of 16 years (RIP Joe, we'll be playing frisbee again) and have been petless since. I have been thinking of a cat. I had a couple in college and enjoyed them. They met with accidental ends, being inside/outside cats. My roommates had their cats, so there were others in the houses I lived. That was over 20 years ago. Would a cat get along okay with just me and no other cats around? Are your cats indoor kitties or not? It must be hard to keep them inside on the farm once they know Paris is just outside, if you catch my drift. Also, eventually there will very likely be a dog here; that's just the Way of Afa. I have a good friend who works at a shelter where they screen the animals for compatability, behavior and so on. A few have been declawed, which seems like something I would NOT appreciate if I was a cat, sort of like having your firearms AND your non-explosive hand-held weapons confiscated only a lot more personal; maybe like having your fingernails removed or something. But it might save on funiture damage, and it has already been committed on these. I'm thinking it's more of a personality compatability thing than a consideration like that, but I want input. It would get a lot of attention while I was here, but I think I would feel less guilty about leaving for short periods with a cat as opposed to the dog. Oh yeah, kitten versus adolescent versus grown cat? Opinions, comments? Thanks in advance.
Afa Dollah
Imbecile

PreviousNext

Return to Open Discussion