Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - Lunkhead's Drive-In Theater

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

Lunkhead's Drive-In Theater

General talk about any old ting. Let's yak!

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

Lunkhead's Drive-In Theater

Postby Lunkhead on April 21st, 2007, 2:36 pm

Hey all, I've added another addition to Lunkhead's Place. It's a small homage to the Drive-In theaters we've known and loved. You'll be able to view cartoons, drive-in adds, and a feature film. I will change them from time to time, but not too frequently (it's a lot of work!). Everything shown is in the public domain, so there are no copyright problems.

NOW PLAYING:

Bugs Bunny in
"FALLING HARE"
Plus
Mantan Moreland in
"KING OF THE ZOMBIES"

Have fun, and don't forget the popcorn!

Enter the drive-in => Lunkhead's Drive-In Theater
Last edited by Lunkhead on April 23rd, 2007, 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Wilytank on April 22nd, 2007, 6:38 am

What men think of top sergent Censored!

Good job, Lunkhead!
Official spammer executioner
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

Postby Lunkhead on April 22nd, 2007, 9:01 am

Thanks Wily.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on April 22nd, 2007, 9:36 am

Yeah I snuck in two people in the trunk and spark flew as I drove away with the speaker hanging from my window.

Now thats a cool addition to the board, I love it. Authentic commercials too. Now you can always rotate the 4 public domain stooge shhorts too if you run out of material.

I watched the cartoon and intermission and I will drive by tonight for the feature presentation. That really is a cool little application.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on April 22nd, 2007, 10:56 am

Thanks DK. Glad you liked it.
you can always rotate the 4 public domain stooge shhorts too

I did consider them, but even with those 4 being public domain, I don't want to rock the boat as far as the stooges go. You see things being removed from YouTube all the time.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on April 23rd, 2007, 1:15 pm

I watch very closely what gets posted in the Three Stooges section on youtube. Sony makes copyright sweeps every so often, I've never seen them pull a public domain short yet but why rock the boat, there is plenty of cool monster movies out there.

I understand, no sence in appearing to be disrespectful or give the impression of impropiety. We would never ever do anything disrespectiful of the Three stooges here.

The drive in theater is cool.

The intermission commercials reminded me of the controversy of the sublimital messages that drive in theaters were accused of using during the movies to promote healthy sales of popcorn, snacks and drinks.
Last edited by DangerkittyToTheRescue on April 23rd, 2007, 9:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on April 23rd, 2007, 7:06 pm

The intermission commercials reminded me of the controversy of the sublimital messages that drive in theaters were accused of using during the movies to promote healthy sales of popcorn, snacks and drinks.

LOL, that's right.
You are now getting very, very hungry...

I remember one food commercial they used to run at our old Family Drive-In. It was for some kind of shrimp roll snack. It came blasting onto the screen with a guy yelling, "HERE COME FLAVOS! THE BLAH,BLAH,BLAH TASTY TREAT!!!" It had a little cartoon shrimp I think with a hat, LOL. Sure made me want to run up and get one. :laugh1:
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on April 26th, 2007, 7:50 am

Lunkhead wrote:
I remember one food commercial they used to run at our old Family Drive-In. It was for some kind of shrimp roll snack. It came blasting onto the screen with a guy yelling, "HERE COME FLAVOS! THE BLAH,BLAH,BLAH TASTY TREAT!!!" It had a little cartoon shrimp I think with a hat, LOL. Sure made me want to run up and get one. :laugh1:

Curly says,,,,"Collision mats on three, Flavos on four!"

I promise to go back to the drive in and watch that monster movie sometime.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on April 26th, 2007, 9:05 am

I think you'll enjoy KING OF THE ZOMBIES, DK. It's really more of a comedy than horror film. Mantan Moreland actually becomes the lead and steals the show. He's extremely funny in it and I just love him. Some of the humor in the film is considered politically incorrect today, but there's no denying the great comedic talent of Mantan.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Wilytank on April 26th, 2007, 5:56 pm

I always wondered where that Jackass thing came from.
Official spammer executioner
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

Postby Afa Dollah on April 29th, 2007, 9:35 pm

Hey Lunk, I love that Bugs Bunny cartoon; it has long been one of my favorites. I'm hoping for a chance to see the movie soon. I always enjoy Mantan in a flick. Thanks for taking the time to set this up. I have a feeling it's time for me to update this computer. It's a ten year old Pentium II and I have to feed charcoal briquettes into the boiler to get the steam up.
"Take your stinking paws off me, you damn dirty ape!"
Afa Dollah
Imbecile

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on April 29th, 2007, 11:22 pm

Afa Dollah wrote:It's a ten year old Pentium II and I have to feed charcoal briquettes into the boiler to get the steam up.
I have the same here, upgraded components along the way, more ram, faster hard drive, 450 mgz pentium, Bugs Bunny as falling fast enough.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on April 30th, 2007, 7:37 pm

Hey Lunk, I love that Bugs Bunny cartoon; it has long been one of my favorites. I'm hoping for a chance to see the movie soon. I always enjoy Mantan in a flick. Thanks for taking the time to set this up.

You're welcome, Afa. I think you'll like KING OF THE ZOMBIES - Mantan is a scream in it.
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Return to Open Discussion