Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - quick warning about the chatroom

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

quick warning about the chatroom

General talk about any old ting. Let's yak!

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

quick warning about the chatroom

Postby jka12002 on July 11th, 2007, 8:28 pm

i went in there the other day and it took me to a sex chatroom. i just letting you know that other channels are intwined with ours. be careful.
jka12002
Moron

Postby Wilytank on July 12th, 2007, 5:21 am

Whoa that is weird!
Official spammer executioner
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on July 13th, 2007, 10:13 am

Yeah, thats about par for the course with chat rooms, just don't go clicking around on those other links, (they're listed) and you'll be ok.

Chat rooms are big business, they try to get as many clicks as they can for the advertisers revenue, sometimes they'll try to lure you into "not-so-nice" rooms.

Things have been good so far with Stooge chats, no worries.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on July 28th, 2007, 2:13 pm

Thanks for clarifying that, DK. You're right on all details.

I do apologize for what happened there JKA, but just as DK said - don't click on those links. Please be aware, they are placed there by Parachat and not me because it is a free chat room. When I first registered at Parachat to setup the room, the only link displayed was one back to Parachat.com. Since then, Parachat added those additional 'adds by google/yahoo' links to other chat rooms and sites. I'm not happy about it, but that is how they earn revenue via the free rooms. I checked to see how much it would cost to remove the adds and it's $26.00 per month! I can't afford that. I also took another look at my old Bravenet free chat room and it also has similar adds. I would consider setting up a different free room if anyone knows of something better, but I'd bet if it's free - it will have adds as well. Our best option is just to ignore those links, annoying as they are.

Thanks,
Lunk
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Return to Open Discussion