Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - Meet my new Bengal kittens

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

Meet my new Bengal kittens

General talk about any old ting. Let's yak!

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

Meet my new Bengal kittens

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on August 5th, 2007, 9:39 am

Introducing my newest Bengal kitten tentatively named “Plinko”. He’s a silver spotted male Bengal, 4-1/2 months old and he’s “glittered. Karen (she’s wonderful) at Oakland Hills Bengals tells me glitter is rare on the silver Bengals, in the right ambient light at dusk, he shimmers, so cool! Just picked him up last Thursday, what a great kitten, I love him totally already!

This is “Jambi”; a male spotted Bengal only 7 months old super friendly and active. He’s beautiful with a tight pattern of rosettes and super soft fur, which more like a pelt rather than fur. His glitter is bronze color to shimmering gold. Super sweet kitten, full of affection.

This is “Nyrobi” my first male Bengal kitten in the photo below who just turned 8 months old. He’s getting to be built like a brick and his personality is starting to come around. We didn’t hit it off right at first but I’m being very patient and loving, lot’s of interactive play and an occasional treat. He’s starting to trust me and now approaches me to say hello, he’ll be a great cat.

Plinko was allowed out of his “safe room” this morning to meet his two new buddies, they are getting very well. This is a “team photo” of the “terrible trio” during a brief time out from the high speed chase games going on here this morning.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, these aren’t actual lion cubs, they’re a cross between an Asian leopard cat and a Tabby cat, once they are 4th generation then they can be registered as Bengals. I have to mention that because the Detroit Zoo is just down Woodward Avenue, I get asked that question often.

This is so wonderful to have three friendly, loving and active kittens in the apartment, they’re so smart and perfectly house trained, no accidents whatsoever.

Thanks for letting me show the boys off a bit. ;)
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Shempchick on August 5th, 2007, 10:37 am

These are beautiful cats Danger. Simply gorgeous !
The chick who LOVES Shemp (and Larry, Curly & Moe) !!
Shempchick
Pumpkinbrain

Postby Afa Dollah on August 5th, 2007, 12:27 pm

Beautiful cats. I see the Tabby "M" thing on their foreheads. Didn't know anything about the history or breeding of Bengals.
"Take your stinking paws off me, you damn dirty ape!"
Afa Dollah
Imbecile

Bengals

Postby Xenorama on August 5th, 2007, 2:46 pm

they are wonderful cats as well. i've known one for many years, and she is an incredible cat.

David
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

Postby Lunkhead on August 5th, 2007, 5:36 pm

They're absolutely beautiful, DK. The newest one is so cute, but so are all of them. Best of luck with your little pals. Cats really make great companions. Mine greet me every day (unless they're sound asleep) along with our dog when I get in from work.
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on August 5th, 2007, 10:28 pm

Shempchick wrote:These are beautiful cats Danger. Simply gorgeous !

Thank you everyone!

I took Jambi into work to show off and one of the office ladies had tears in her eyes, the fur was so soft and the pictures just don't do justice to the color and glitter. The vetrinarian did a tripple take when he first saw Plinko. It's the personality that matters most, this breed is supposed to be wonderful.

Update,,,,After a full day together, all is almost well, resident kittens eating the new kittens food and visa-versa but that is to be expected I guess.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on August 7th, 2007, 11:10 am

Bengals are getting along well so far. Plinko is quite active, climbing on the cat trees and scratching on the designated cat tree and posts. He will play tag with the other two cats, likes playing with me when I bring out the mouser on a stick toy.

Funniest thing, last night I put ice cubes into the cats big water bowl and Plinko proceded to scoop them out on to the tile floor. He wasn't playing with them per se, just scooping them out. He got about two dozen ice cubes out before he lost interest. Wow, thats one of the Bengal traits, they do like water, at least most of them do.

Such a nice adorable kitten. Karen at Oakland Hills Bengals does a fabulous job of breeding and raising these kittens. Did I mention that I brought her some flowers when I picked up the kitten? Karen must have answered a bazillion questions that I asked prior to the purchase, she was so accomodating, so professional too.

DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on August 7th, 2007, 8:00 pm

Plinko looks adorable there. Glad to hear he's fitting in so well.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on August 8th, 2007, 8:13 am

I'm really happy, Plinko is fitting well. Last night he and Jambi were sleeping together on the bed. I specifically have blankets there for the cats. My brother has a bengal that sleeps with him also, he's got a "sleep number" bed, I told him he's a 78 and the cat is a 12. :laugh1:
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Re: Meet my new Bengal kittens

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on February 1st, 2008, 11:24 am

My new Seal Mink Bengal.

Aaaaawwwwww what a cutie!

A Seal Mink Bengal has inherited one Siamese gene and one Burmese gene, this one is a quintessential example of this type. I love her so much already.

She checked out perfectly well at the initial vet health check and I've been supervising the introductions to the other Bengals.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on February 1st, 2008, 7:58 pm

She is beautiful, DK. Wow, you've got 4 now! That is very cool. Best of luck with her.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

my new Bengal kittens

Postby Xenorama on February 1st, 2008, 11:45 pm

i think once i am living alone i'll be getting Daci a pet, i mean a little sibling to keep her company. i'll be gone a bit more now, so she'll like a playmate. though i think i'll get one about a year old though, no need to fiddle with two kinds of cat food.

Image watch out! she's about to use her laser eyes!

David
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

Postby Lunkhead on February 2nd, 2008, 7:53 am

She would probably like having a buddy when you're out.

Scooter and Harly are sharing my morning cereal with me as I type this. Then they'll either play, investigate, etc and eventually...

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on February 9th, 2008, 6:00 pm

She's so cute, I tucked her in with a blanket, she's so spoiled.

DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on February 9th, 2008, 6:03 pm

Aaaawwww, she is so sweet!

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Next

Return to Open Discussion