Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - Checking account overdrawn by unauthorized withdraw.

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

Checking account overdrawn by unauthorized withdraw.

General talk about any old ting. Let's yak!

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

Checking account overdrawn by unauthorized withdraw.

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on February 9th, 2008, 6:02 pm

Yeah, bank hit me for $50 bucks too, insult to injury, here’s the story.

So after I make a deposit into my checking account, I notice that my beginning balance is $62.41 in the hole according to the deposit slip. I’m like WTF but I quickly figure out what happened after dialing up my toll free bank number.

TrueCredit took an unauthorized payment out of my account for a yearly subscription to their credit monitoring service. No, I did NOT sign up for automatic renewal and get this, they took TWO payments. I got hit with an insufficient funds fee of $50 bucks to boot by the bank.

Long story short, called bank and I have to either get money back myself from TrueCredit or I can file an affidavit of fraud but that will require shutting down my account, getting issued a new card and the return of my $50 dollar fee. I’m filing the fraud charges on Monday.

Wow, those idiots at TrueCredit. I had so much trouble last year getting re-subscribed and they neglected to inform me prior that they changed the service. They used to send out weekly “all-clear” emails but now only send an email when there is trouble. I still couldn’t use the service for two months because of some technical errors on their part, was supposed to get two extra months on my subscription.

TrueCredit got hit with a class action lawsuit after I re-subscribed last year, I’m supposed to get 3 extra months as a settlement for their “deceptive advertising” & “internal procedure” also. There was no way that I was ever going to re-subscribe to their lousy service.

Man alive,
They were not authorized,
They actually took two payments,
They sent two emails informing me that they could not process my “recent” order, (when they actually did).
They took payment early before subscription ended.
They didn’t give me my 2 free months as verbally promised.
I’m supposed to get 3 extra months per court order, didn’t get that either.

Idiots!

As God as my witness, I just received two more emails from TrueCredit informing me that they cannot process my “recent order” as I’m posting this.

It’s actually so stupid that it’s funny. What flaming idiots! I’ll be sure to mail a copy of all of this to my State AG’s office for grins too.

Wow, I’m beside myself.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Re: Checking account overdrawn by unauthorized withdraw.

Postby Lunkhead on February 9th, 2008, 6:10 pm

Man, that's awlful, DK. They sound like real numbskulls! Hope you get it all straightened out and reimbursed.
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on February 9th, 2008, 6:47 pm

Thanks, I know that it's a PITA sometimes to get this straightened out. I would be willing to bet that they do this on purpose figuring that most people won't object or complain and that those that do won't cause them too much trouble. You know, if enough people complain, they'll end up back in court with more FTC violations.

I've got a perfect record for about 18 years, got a ton of documentation, I won't have any problem with the bank.

The irony is that the service that is supposed to protect my credit record just put a black spot on my record. Idiots.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on February 17th, 2008, 1:23 pm

Stopped at bank on Friday, only took about 20 minutes, card got dissabled and a new card will be mailed. It was about time for a new card anyways, there were several companies that I have done business with that had it on file.

The key was being nice to the bank lady, real nice, it wasn't her fault, I wanted her on my side. Like I said to the the bank lady, granted I could've had more in the account but I knew exactly how much was in there and no way was True-Credit authorized to pull money out (twice) to renew a subscription, period.

Those idiots at True-Credit are still sending me emails stating that they are having difficulties processing my recent order. I mentioned that to the bank too, TC says they can't process the order when they actually did.

Yeah, it's not over yet, I still have to change pay-pal and some other accounts, thanks to those numbskulls at TC.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on February 17th, 2008, 5:37 pm

They sound like real bubble-heads! :wacko2:

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Afa Dollah on February 20th, 2008, 11:00 am

Well, good luck DK. I know how frustrating that kind of thing can be. I have been trying for 10 years now to get some doofus off my credit reports. Every time someone runs it, this guy's info pops up and he has lots of bad debts, etc. Almost cost me the loan for my truck and has cost me some other things as well. Time mostly. Sounds like this TrueCredit place is full of knuckleheads...Howard, Fine and Howard Credit Reporting....
"Take your stinking paws off me, you damn dirty ape!"
Afa Dollah
Imbecile

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on February 27th, 2008, 6:05 pm

All's well that ends well. The bank got my money back and it looks like I also got my $50.00 insufficient fund fee back too. New card arrived in the mail, got busy using it too, hehehehehe.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on February 28th, 2008, 8:00 pm

Congrats, DK. Glad to hear it all worked out.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Return to Open Discussion