Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - Random Thoughts...

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

Random Thoughts...

General talk about any old ting. Let's yak!

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

Re: Random Thoughts...

Postby Steve on July 21st, 2008, 3:26 pm

Shouldn't Rambo III have been titled Rambo II: First Blood Part III?

Do you think Harrison Ford returns Mark Hamill's phone calls?

How does one become "madcap"?

Why can't our mundane daily tasks be performed by stock footage of us doing them in the past?

Who was the genius that scouted the location for The Conqueror (1956)?

Are criminals offended by their portrayal in the Death Wish movies? And do they think of themselves as cockroaches?
"You're umbday in any language!"
Steve
Grapehead

Postby Lunkhead on July 23rd, 2008, 6:05 pm

:laugh1: Good ones, Steve!
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Steve on September 18th, 2008, 5:55 pm

Random thought #201: I don't have "guilty pleasures." I'm completely unashamed of everything that I like.
"You're umbday in any language!"
Steve
Grapehead

Postby moe-jo on September 25th, 2008, 6:56 pm

^Amen.
"I am not what I am." Iago, from William Shakespeare's Othello
moe-jo
Mongoose

Postby Preston on October 8th, 2008, 8:48 pm

A while ago, Steve briefly mentioned cockroaches, which reminded me of something which baffles me about roaches. At one time, somebody had told me that a roach can survive being cooked in a Microwave. Since I was skeptical, he told me to actually try it. So having a microwave oven at that time, I tried it. Caught a live roach, and cooked it in the micro. And, yes, it survived!

Trying to be scientific, I then made a Comparison test. In other words, I tried putting something Else in the micro. This time, a lizard. Exposed to the microwaves, the lizard died in less than 2 seconds.

So what makes the roach Invulnerable to microwaves? Researching on the internet did Not help much, if at all. For example, one answer I found on-line is that in order for the roach to be killed,it has to be exposed evenly, which the answer-person tried to substantiate by pointing out that the oven has a carousel which revolves to provide exposure evenly. But that answer, as logical as it sounds, still does Not provide any answer. Why? Well,because, remember, I put a lizard in there too, and it got killed right away. Both the lizard and roach scurried all around the inside of the oven and so both got the same kind of exposure.

So how is it that only the cockroach can survive microwave exposure?
Preston
Mutant

Previous

Return to Open Discussion