Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - Random Thoughts...

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

Random Thoughts...

General talk about any old ting. Let's yak!

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

Random Thoughts...

Postby moe-jo on March 27th, 2008, 4:44 pm

Whatever is on your mind................

I have an Ocean test tomorrow. Moe is hot. I can't wait to listen to my iPod.
"I am not what I am." Iago, from William Shakespeare's Othello
moe-jo
Mongoose

Re: Random Thoughts...

Postby Lunkhead on March 29th, 2008, 10:30 am

Sorry I haven't been around much for a bit. Been very busy. I'll get caught up on the threads soon. :shemp1:
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby moe-jo on March 29th, 2008, 12:16 pm

it's fine. Don't apologize. Busy is good, Lunkhead! It's no fun having nothing to do!
moe-jo
Mongoose

No Answers Required...

Postby Steve on June 12th, 2008, 6:57 pm

Shouldn't that program have been called The Love Ship?

Why don't college professors wear their cap and gown all the time like in the Stooges shorts?

Shouldn't it just be called "Diet Beer'?

Is it a law that twins must have either rhyming names ("Bob and Rob") or names that begin with the same letter ("David and Dustin")? And why should they be offended when they are mistaken for one another?

Does a movie considered "so bad it's good" get a "10" or a "1" rating?
"You're umbday in any language!"
Steve
Grapehead

Postby Lunkhead on June 12th, 2008, 8:39 pm

LOL, good ones!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I'm told it's raining cats and dogs, I always run to the window but have never even seen a chijuaua.

I've tried setting my watch 7 minutes ahead so I'll be on time, but with that safety net I'm now 14 minutes late for everything!

How will we ever reach the 12th of Never, if the 1st of Never never comes? :confused2:

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Preston on June 13th, 2008, 7:52 pm

[quote="Lunkhead"]LOL, good ones!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I'm told it's raining cats and dogs, I always run to the window but have never even seen a chijuaua.

I don't know about "raining cats and dogs", as you said, Lunk, but I know about Raining FISH. It has happened in Real life when a Water-Spout has transported Fish over land for a distance. At first one of the many true mysteries collected by Charles Fort but then explained. But OTHER strange "rainfalls" have never been explained, such as the precipitation of huge Boulders. The Boulder phenomenon was documented and then dramatized as one of the episodes of the 1960s TV-series ONE STEP BEYOND. In introducing the dramatization, host John Newland read from an actual newspaper article about Chico California where the Inexplicable phenomenon occurred.
Preston
Mutant

Postby Lunkhead on June 13th, 2008, 8:43 pm

Very neat stuff. I vaguely I remember that ONE STEP BEYOND episode. That's another series I'd love to see all over again. I have a PD DVD of miscellaneous shows which features one of them - the episode where soldiers see a strange radiant light in the sky and then give up fighting.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Steve on June 14th, 2008, 12:38 pm

For some reason I'm creeped out by live 1950s television shows, and canned laughter from 1960s sitcoms. It just sounds so dead.
Steve
Grapehead

Postby Preston on June 14th, 2008, 8:06 pm

Steve wrote:For some reason I'm creeped out by live 1950s television shows, and canned laughter from 1960s sitcoms. It just sounds so dead.

To some extent,I agree with you about so-called canned laughter. But some are better or more tolerable than others because the canned-laughter has variety. But when you go back to the 1950s, the sitcoms used to use the exact same laugh-track repetitiously. That can be especially seen in the 1950s sitcom THE OZZIE AND HARRIET SHOW. But it had at least the redeeming factor of including Rick Nelson who actually sang his greatest musical hits right on the show such as MARY LOU and TRAVELLING MAN. So his presence was a redeeming factor.
Preston
Mutant

Postby moe-jo on June 17th, 2008, 10:49 am

WOOOO SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:
moe-jo
Mongoose

Postby Steve on June 17th, 2008, 12:18 pm

How much workohol must someone drink to be considered a workoholic?
Steve
Grapehead

Postby moe-jo on June 17th, 2008, 3:17 pm

40 hours.
moe-jo
Mongoose

Postby Lunkhead on June 17th, 2008, 6:06 pm

Steve wrote:How much workohol must someone drink to be considered a workoholic?

:laugh1:

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Preston on June 23rd, 2008, 7:56 pm

Now that the topic is addictiveness, I heard on the news that Internet obsession has now been declared officially as an Addiction. In the past, the label used to be meant jokingly or loosely, but now it's a bona-fide addiction. All the manifestations of Compulsive behavior are there, so I knew it all along. That sort of compulsiveness was getting to me, that's why my Home NO longer has any Internet. As you know, Lunk, I became homeless for a while. It was during that period of homelessness that I of course quit the Internet, which I thought would be just temporary. But I then decided to stay off. After all, I get enough time from using the computer at the Public Library, which is what I do presently.
The main point I want to make is that the harm and psychological damage of Internet is that its Addictiveness makes the addict prefer it rather than socializing IN PERSON. It's a well-known fact that addicts prefer On-line friends instead of In-person friends. Don't get me wrong, it's good to have on-line friends, but for them to be more important than In-person friends is actually a mental illness, a result of addiction.
Preston
Mutant

Postby moe-jo on June 24th, 2008, 11:51 am

How many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop? More than 3, that's for sure.
moe-jo
Mongoose

Next

Return to Open Discussion