Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - I love my iPod!!

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

I love my iPod!!

General talk about any old ting. Let's yak!

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

I love my iPod!!

Postby Lunkhead on July 6th, 2008, 7:13 pm

Number 1 son got me an iPod Nano (the 4 Gig gig) for Father's Day and I must say, I love it so much! He also bought me the accessory which allows it to play through any FM radio. With my driving job, it's a great change of pace from the regular radio. I loaded it up with a ton of music from my computer, plus some new mp3s and CDs I'd recently bought. So cool being able to take my music along anywhere. And by throwing on the shuffle, it makes a wild station where you never know what you'll hear next - but it's something you like.

I know moe-jo mentioned having one. Any one else enjoying the world of iPod mania??
:guitarman: :band: :drummer: :violin:
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Re: I love my iPod!!

Postby moe-jo on July 23rd, 2008, 8:55 pm

Congrats, Lunk! My cousin's mom just got one.
"I am not what I am." Iago, from William Shakespeare's Othello
moe-jo
Mongoose

Postby Lunkhead on July 24th, 2008, 6:39 am

They really are great. This and my GPS are my 2 favorite electronic gizmos.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby moe-jo on July 24th, 2008, 7:56 am

My iPod and my Wii are my favorites.
moe-jo
Mongoose

Postby Preston on July 24th, 2008, 7:56 pm

I guess I must be old-fashioned because I don't have ipod. But I don't feel deprived at all. That's because there is locally a Radio-station that specializes in just the Oldies music from the 1950s and 1960s, so I get everything I need from listening to that station. Plus what an ipod does NOT have but a Radio-station has is that when people phone in with their requests, the phone-call is broadcasted right on the air, and that is a big part of the fun from listening to the Radio. Because sometimes the disk jockey will joke around with the phone-caller, and things happen that you don't expect. That's why I'm satisfied with just the Radio.
Preston
Mutant

Postby Lunkhead on July 28th, 2008, 6:30 pm

Don't get me wrong, Preston. I still listen to the radio the majority of the time. With my driving job, I listen to talk shows fairly regularly and Phillies games. I also switch around with our local music stations. In Philly, we have a smooth jazz station which plays pretty light stuff and is nice. Our main oldies station is ok, but they tend to play only the most well-known ('60s and '70s) oldies over and over again, while neglecting some great other old material. There is a station from Jersey which comes in and plays a better variety, including '50s oldies and not just the same worn out playlists. I can hardly stand our main Classic Rock station anymore as I can usually guess the same beaten-into-the-ground song they'll play next. In the early '70s, lots of FM stations were great in the fact they played more obscure album tracks and not just the well known songs. We have a couple college stations which are fairly good at still doing that.

So, all in all, I still throw the radio on mostly. The iPod is just a great alternative for those times when I feel like hearing other music, just as taking cassette tape albums along for the ride used to be. Being able to go from a rock album to the soundtrack music from OUTER LIMITS is a joy, but I certainly don't do it every day for fear of wearing out my favorite music.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby moe-jo on July 29th, 2008, 6:34 pm

Have you gotten any Stooges shorts on it yet? Or is it even a video iPod?
moe-jo
Mongoose

Postby Lunkhead on July 29th, 2008, 7:18 pm

It can play video, but as it's a 4 gig nano, the shorts would take up a good amount of space. It is tempting to get a couple though. I may at some point. It would be fun to have MEN IN BLACK and PUNCH DRUNKS on there. Maybe a couple cartoons too.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby moe-jo on July 30th, 2008, 11:17 am

I've downloaded the shorts off of LimeWire, but I can't get them into my iPod...
moe-jo
Mongoose

Postby Lunkhead on July 30th, 2008, 8:13 pm

I steer clear of those file sharing sites. They're just not worth it. Along with being illegal, there's the risk of spyware galore. I strictly go legit - Amazon Digital Downloads, etc. Their mp3s are only .89 or .99 cents each and full albums are just $7 or $8 too. Also, I saw some of the stooge shorts available at the iTunes store for $2 each. If I were going to get a couple, I'd buy them from there.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby moe-jo on July 31st, 2008, 1:05 pm

Lunkhead wrote:Also, I saw some of the stooge shorts available at the iTunes store for $2 each. If I were going to get a couple, I'd buy them from there.

I typed in the Three Stooges and didn't see any of the shorts. All I saw was the records (i.e. TTS Sing for Kids, etc.) What did you put in?
moe-jo
Mongoose

Postby Lunkhead on July 31st, 2008, 7:12 pm

I typed in just 'stooge' and a list came up. If you scroll down, you'll see some of the shorts there.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby moe-jo on August 1st, 2008, 11:14 am

Ah, I see. Well, my mom doesn't like paying for music.
moe-jo
Mongoose

Postby CharlyWalkslikethis on April 6th, 2009, 5:29 pm

My iPod is by far the coolest thing I've ever owned or thought of owning.
80 gigs of music and TV Shows in the palm of my hand.
Video is mostly South Park (my modern day, animated [and yes vulgar] Stooges) but they're tight.
As far as music, sadly most radio stations in my area don't play any of my bands or songs. It's all hip-hop and lame pop.
I like alternative and pop-punk. Anberlin's my favorite band. Then Angels and Airwaves, Yellowcard, Relient K, and Simple Plan.
I've got over 3,000 songs sittin' there and it's music heaven.
Next on the list is a Mac and then I'm gettin' the 120 gig cuz' I need more video room.
Rock On Apple!!!
"Bein' there's no other place around the place I reckon this must be the place I reckon."
CharlyWalkslikethis
Pumpkinbrain

Postby Lunkhead on April 9th, 2009, 7:11 am

That's awesome. I've already filled my 4 gigger, so now I have to rotate anything new I add. I still love it though.

My son has played a little Anberlin for me and I liked their sound. I'm not too up on the newer bands, but I know there are some out there doing good stuff.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Next

Return to Open Discussion