Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - Just so ya know...

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

Just so ya know...

General talk about any old ting. Let's yak!

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

Re: Just so ya know...

Postby Lunkhead on March 2nd, 2011, 2:06 pm

Hi there, Amalgamated. Good to see you again. The board here has been pretty quiet for the last couple years, but it would be fun to jump start it. I'm going to try to start posting the shorts again soon. Previously, it was me, DangerKitty and Xenorama writing the short reviews. If you want, maybe you could join in and we could take turns continuing with the writing of the reviews.
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby AmalgamatedMoron on March 5th, 2011, 4:02 pm

Lunkhead wrote:Hi there, Amalgamated. Good to see you again. The board here has been pretty quiet for the last couple years, but it would be fun to jump start it. I'm going to try to start posting the shorts again soon. Previously, it was me, DangerKitty and Xenorama writing the short reviews. If you want, maybe you could join in and we could take turns continuing with the writing of the reviews.

Sure Lunk. If I can find the time I would be glad to help out. :happy1:
"If at first you don't succeed, keep on suckin' till you do succeed." Curly - Movie Maniacs, 1936
AmalgamatedMoron
Pumpkinbrain

Postby Lunkhead on March 6th, 2011, 7:40 pm

Thanks, AM. No pressure. Whenever you feel like writing a short review, just give a hollar. We usually write something short, post it and then whoever feels like discussing it can join in with additional info, etc. But you could also do an in-depth review if you wanted. Anything is fine. Thanks.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on March 24th, 2012, 3:31 am

Yeah I still check into the site, keeping an eye on the joint, don't want any knuckleheads wreaking the place on my watch. (pie in the face)

First off, I'm listening to Glass Horse, like that tune, very good Lunk and son, very good indead.

Life has thrown allot at me over the last couple of years, made it through it all relativley unscathed, looks like I need to start haunting this place a bit more, create a little mahem for you lugs.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on May 28th, 2012, 4:33 pm

I should really check in here more often. Hope all you good folks are doing well. :shemp1:

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby moe-jo on May 29th, 2012, 2:07 am

doing fine here, Lunk, how about yourself?
"I am not what I am." Iago, from William Shakespeare's Othello
moe-jo
Mongoose

Postby Lunkhead on May 30th, 2012, 8:04 am

Everything's going well. My 2 youngest (the twins) are graduating high school next week. Man, they grew up so fast.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby moe-jo on May 30th, 2012, 11:46 am

Wow. I'm sure they feel great. I did when I graduated high school.
"I am not what I am." Iago, from William Shakespeare's Othello
moe-jo
Mongoose

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on December 8th, 2012, 7:32 pm

Lunkhead wrote:We do a lot of covers, but also have some originals. I wrote a handful back in the '80s and now we're coming up with some more. At some point, we're going to try making a home-made CD. Here's the link to our myspace page. We're called 'Living in Harmony' => http://www.myspace.com/livinginharmonymusic

Got to say, I really like Glass Horse.

Why I associate that song with the good times we had when the message board was really active, I don't know, but I just do.

No secret, I enjoy 70's 80's music, Glass Horse has the classic qualities of that era in an easy listening fassion.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on December 16th, 2012, 11:43 am

Thank you so much, DK. My son and I are going to try to release a CD and MP3 album in spring hopefully and Glass Horse will definitely be on it. We're having lots of fun playing at a local diner on a monthly basis and some other ocassional gigs. In fact, we played the diner last night and had a blast. Did some fun Christmas songs, along with other covers and originals including Horse. :wink:

Yes, I too miss when the board was active. Not sure how to get that back with Facebook, etc. I know it would help if even just the 2 of us started to post again. It could lead to a semi-resurgence possibly.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Lunkhead on December 16th, 2012, 11:45 am

Another thing. I haven't watched much of the stooges in a while and really need to, especially the way the world is going. Way too much troubling news and what is needed is the immediate laughter and relief from watching our boys.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby MOSUGOJI on January 26th, 2013, 1:27 am

Hiya Lunkhead,
sure is quiet in here.
MOSUGOJI
Pumpkinbrain

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on February 17th, 2013, 10:49 pm

MOSUGOJI wrote:Hiya Lunkhead,
sure is quiet in here.

Yes it is. I'm afraid the the old days have passed by us here, at least for now.

Now a days, If someone wants the three stooges, they just pop into youtube and get their fix. Back in the day, internet was so slow, any video would take an hour to download if you could even find it at all. That's where the message boards flourished.

Another thing that kinda killed off the stooge messsage board was the sleazy board dissaster. Back in the day, Lunkheads was on eZy-board, well now, someone hacked into the system (something like that) and alot of boards lost tons and tons of posts which were never able to be recovered.

I'm telling you , that really was a shame, and to me, it killed alot of enthuesism with the members.

Now, one of the phpBB message boards I am a member of actually sends out reminders if you haven't posted in like a month or so. I asked the administrator but he's so new to boards he couldn't forward any info, but i'm still checking.

Of course, alot of us have different interests, responsibilities and hobbies have changed.

Man alive, I remember the days with our once a month pie fights in "chat", yeah that was alot of fun.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on February 22nd, 2013, 9:18 am

Hi MOSUGOJI and DK. Yep, sorry I stop by here so infrequently. I hardly post anywhere anymore. Sometimes I check into the Universal Monsters Army board, but that's only once every few months.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on February 24th, 2013, 8:59 pm

Yeah, no worries, I keep a good eye on the joint for you. I've got the site bookmarked on my favorites bar, it's easy for me to remember that way.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

PreviousNext

Return to Open Discussion