Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - User Ranks

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

User Ranks

General talk about any old ting. Let's yak!

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

User Ranks

Postby Lunkhead on June 25th, 2005, 9:53 pm

Hey all. Currently, I've set up user ranks to change according to the number of posts. IE, you start out as "Pumpkinbrain", then after 25 posts you're promoted to "Grapehead", etc. They will change automatically.

Now here's another cool thing. We can also have special, unique ranks which don't rely on the number of posts. As you can see, mine is "Grand Imbezzle" and when I post as Lunkenstein, it's now "Mad Monster". These are basically fun, little descriptions. I can create these easily, so if you want one that's especially meaningfull to you, just give a holler and I'll set ya up.

Megs, I boldly went ahead and gave you the same one you're currently using at Xenorama. You know why - because CATS RULE and we must obey them without question. :happy1:
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

true

Postby Xenorama on June 25th, 2005, 11:37 pm

that is true, and here's a message from her:

njmjkmsoikfron mjcnuijfimn n ufjdcj;p;dixzh

she did actually type that. i have no idea what it means, but somehow i get the feeling the intent was "why i oughtta..."

David :laugh1:
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

Stooge Cats

Postby Lunkhead on June 25th, 2005, 11:57 pm

LOL that's cool.

We ought to comprise a list of shorts that had cats in them. There were a bunch in ANTS IN THE PANTRY. Remember Curly carrying the bag of cats on his back? :laugh1:

Then of course the remake THE PEST MAN WINS.
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Umday on July 2nd, 2005, 9:06 am

Malice in the Palace got one.
Umday
Grapehead

Postby Umday on July 2nd, 2005, 9:13 am

BTW - I'll never be a grapehead cause my post count has been stuck at 18 :laugh1:

Edit - Oh wait I'm wrong I musta been usin ice for a pillow again.
Umday
Grapehead

Post counts

Postby Lunkhead on July 2nd, 2005, 5:08 pm

That threw me at first too Umday - seeing back to back posts with the same count. Then I realized, when it updates the count, you see the updated count in all previous posts as well. A little different from how that worked on EzBoard. Same thing with the avatars. When you change them, the effect filters back through all your posts.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Wilytank on September 8th, 2006, 4:33 pm

I like this system.
Official spammer executioner
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

Postby Wilytank on September 14th, 2006, 8:02 pm

Hey, what's after grapehead?
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

Postby Wilytank on September 15th, 2006, 6:54 am

Never mind my last message. After 100 posts you're an applehead.
But what's after that?
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

Postby Lunkhead on September 15th, 2006, 7:39 am

This is how the ranks are currently setup:

Pumpkinbrain 1
Grapehead 25
Applehead 100
Imbecile 175
Moron 250
Nitwit 325
Wiseguy 400

Will be adding more eventually.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

I've just promoted myself!

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on September 15th, 2006, 11:22 am

Yes, Ive just posted my 325th, I'm now officially a nitwit.

:moe1: ,,,,"What do you call this cake?"
:christine1: ,,,,"Marshmello Jumbo."
:larry1: ,,,,"Tastes more like marshmello gumbo!"
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on September 15th, 2006, 12:21 pm

Congratulations DK!!
:joker: :greenbounce: :guitarman: :green_jumper: :band: :bluegrab: :drummer: :jester:
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Wilytank on September 15th, 2006, 4:59 pm

Seems like every 75 posts your rank goes up.
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

Re: User Ranks

Postby Wilytank on September 15th, 2006, 6:49 pm

Lunkhead wrote:Hey all. Currently, I've set up user ranks to change according to the number of posts. IE, you start out as "Pumpkinbrain", then after 25 posts you're promoted to "Grapehead", etc. They will change automatically.

Now here's another cool thing. We can also have special, unique ranks which don't rely on the number of posts. As you can see, mine is "Grand Imbezzle" and when I post as Lunkenstein, it's now "Mad Monster". These are basically fun, little descriptions. I can create these easily, so if you want one that's especially meaningfull to you, just give a holler and I'll set ya up.

Megs, I boldly went ahead and gave you the same one you're currently using at Xenorama. You know why - because CATS RULE and we must obey them without question. :happy1:

Oh a double life eh?
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

Postby Wilytank on October 12th, 2006, 7:36 pm

Only 5 more posts as of this one till my next rank up! :happy1:
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

Next