Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - Summer

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

Summer

General talk about any old ting. Let's yak!

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

Summer

Postby tapeworm on July 19th, 2005, 8:33 pm

What have you done with your summer? I've so far spent most of it working in my family large garden. We've planted lot of vegetables:peas, corn, pumpkins, cabbage, lettuce, cucumber, and some other crops. This is the fourth year we''ve been doing this. We also have added a rosebush and some sunflowers. The old green thumb :wink:.
Last edited by tapeworm on July 28th, 2005, 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't forget to bring me back a peice of boint toast and a rotten egg.
tapeworm
Pumpkinbrain

Summer

Postby Lunkhead on July 24th, 2005, 9:28 pm

That sounds cool Tape, to cultivate all those veggies. I'm pretty bad when it comes to growing things (well, except for warts!)

Been a typical summer so far for us. Just woikin and doing things with the kids when I can. We've done a small amount of fishing and swimming. Of course, next month is when we go down the Jersey shore for 2 weeks. Lookin forward, but this year for the first time, my wife won't be able to go as she's just starting a new job. So, I'll be playing Mr. Mom.

"How dare you pretend to be Mr. Mom! " ~ :christine1:
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby tapeworm on July 28th, 2005, 7:22 pm

It looks like you're enjoying summer. That's also good that your wife got a job. What will she be doing? I still haven't had one yet. Yeah, growing all those vegetables is fun and lot of work. It's like a summer job by itself. I haven't had time to go swimming yet, although I did get to play some basketball and baseball. Sometime I must try fishing to see what its like. My dad doesnt think its a very exciting pastime.

Oh, and btw, do you use MSN instant messenger?
Don't forget to bring me back a peice of boint toast and a rotten egg.
tapeworm
Pumpkinbrain

Postby Lunkhead on July 28th, 2005, 8:01 pm

The wife's gonna be a director at a senior citizen facility. I'm very proud of her. She's got a slice of brain there!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fishing can be fun. When their biting, it's the best. Even when they're not, it's relaxing and nice to enjoy the outdoors.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on July 31st, 2005, 10:10 am

My summer.

Lets see now, I went to the Royal Oak glass and clay show and also the Royal Oak garrage sale, those were fun, lots of ladies there!

I helped my father set up his annual fireworks show, just a ton of work. I really tried to get out of it, the work, just so much work that it is hard to justify. They were so far behind, had to help, show went good.

I "discovered" a neat spring cleaning trick for my Fiero involving using some liquid soft scrub to prep for wax, believe me this saved me a ton of time. I say this because each spring I have to go through alot of effort because the car sits outside year round.

Set up my little appartment garden with low maintenance flowers and stuff that wouldn't require too much attantion.

Been slowly getting back into trading commodities.

I started rebuilding the door hinges on my Fiero.

I installed new exhaust manifold gaskets on my Fiero, a major accomplishment, proud of myself on that one! Job went smooth. I also did a write up on this for my Fiero friends online.

I rebuilt my main electrical wire harness on my Fiero and again did a write up on it.

I plan on going fishing at least once, go to the comedy club, Woodward Dream Cruise and maybe a concert at Pine Knob.

Been taping the Stooges and watching them almost every night to relax.
...."I feel better already!"....
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on July 31st, 2005, 3:15 pm

Sounds like you've been pretty busy DK.

Man DK, I can't even change my own oil, and I let the rain wash our cars. :laugh1:
Sounds like you have a cool car though.
Glad to hear your summer's going well.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Re: Summer

Postby Brighto Salesman on August 5th, 2005, 1:39 pm

I've been pretty busy this summer. Last year I took down the old & leaky roof from my covered patio and am in the process of replacing it and putting up windows & screens. I resheathed the roof and covered it with shingles. I've never done any roofing before and was worried that it might have turned out like the equivalent of the Stooges wallpapering results. However, I took my time and it came out pretty well. A <HOT> job however, for anyone considering it. Also just got back from a week at the Jersey shore. The beach was great and I caught the Stooges on Spike TV every morning. I don't know how Regis & Kelly can survive in the timeslot against it!!!
Curly: How we gonna shoot golfs without guns?

Moe: C'mon, Buffalo Bill! <grabs Curly's nose>

Curly: EYOW-OW-OW-OW-OW!
Brighto Salesman
Pumpkinbrain

Summer

Postby Double Deal Decker on August 8th, 2005, 7:58 am

I'm having an enjoyable , varied , and rewarding summer. I've spent time w/the family , relaxed a bit , and also attended to development of professional goals. The Stooges have been part of my summer as well , as I try to catch them on "Spike TV" as often as I can.
Double Deal Decker
Pumpkinbrain

hello, Hello, HELLO!

Postby Lunkhead on August 8th, 2005, 7:10 pm

Welcome aboard Double Deal Decker. Good seeing another stooge fan join the lair.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on December 20th, 2005, 4:09 pm

Wow, we were talking about summer like it would never end.

Now it's December 20th, a frozen tundra outside and the shortest amount of sunlight of any day of the year. Nothing but barren trees amidst grey shades of ice and snow. It went from 60 degrees to 6 degrees in one night. Man alive, it's bitter cold outside and it seems like the warm glow of sunshine will never return. Bears are the smart ones, they figured out a way to hibernate!

For a brief precious moment, summer did seem like it would never end, didn't it?
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on December 25th, 2005, 5:03 pm

Yes, summer and fall both flew. So far, our winter here near Philly hasn't been bad. We had a couple light snowfalls and a few days of really cold temperatures, but right now it's been hanging in the 40s which isn't bad. Before you know it, we'll be looking toward spring (which normally seems to take forever to arrive).

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Summer 2006

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on June 24th, 2006, 5:25 pm

Ok its early but so far I've,,,,,,

Planted my little flower garden at my appartment.
Watched about 20 Three Stooges DVD's.
Attended the Project benifit for Infant Mortality at Royal Oak Comedy Castle headliner was Kathleen Madigan.
Attended and passed the PGI pyrotechnics shooters school and I am one form away from "Certified Operator".
First time ever attending a musical play at the theater. I saw "Zombies from Outer Space" at the Second Stage at the Baldwin Theater in Royal Oak.
Rebuilt my BBQ grill and I'm cooking like a king now.
87 Fiero is tuned up, polished, waxed and chrome wheels on for the season.
Attended the Royal Oak Glass and Clay art show in Royal Oak. Check it out here in my photo-page http://www.jetman.smugmug.com
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on June 24th, 2006, 6:47 pm

Nice pictures DK. I just realized your page has a slide show option and that's how I viewed it. Was that you with the cute kitties in a couple of the later pics?

Last weekend, I took the kids to a drive-in to see GARFIELD 2 and ICE AGE 2. We had a good time. There are actually 4 drive-ins within driving distance of us. The closest being 40 minutes away and the others nearly 1 and 1/2 hours. It's worth it for the experience. I'd told the kids about drive-ins for years. Then we discovered these, 2 of which had recently re-opened.

We went swimming in a lake in Jersey back on Memorial Day weekend. We'll be going back one of these weekends. Plus we're going to try and get a weekend of camping in too.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on June 28th, 2006, 10:02 pm

Lunkhead wrote:Nice pictures DK. I just realized your page has a slide show option and that's how I viewed it. Was that you with the cute kitties in a couple of the later pics?

Yeah that was me, I usually edit myself out of those pictures that I post for safety reasons, kinda forgot about those two.
Wow, Lunkhead, a drive in movie theater, that's really is cool! Have not been to one in years. I think that everyone who has ever been to a drive in theater has a story to tell about it.
This is the drive in theater that I went to as a teenager/adult. This is a neat link, worth book marking.
http://www.drive-ins.com/theater/mialgi
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on July 1st, 2006, 10:24 am

Drive-ins.com is a very good site. I stumbled onto it a couple years ago and that's how I found out there were still a couple within driving distance. I agree that we all have some special drive-in memories.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Next

Return to Open Discussion