Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - 1st Friday of the month chat

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

1st Friday of the month chat

General talk about any old ting. Let's yak!

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

1st Friday of the month chat

Postby Lunkhead on August 5th, 2005, 6:46 am

"Shall we begin?" <<spoken like Lugosi>>

How's tonight sound fellas? anytime after 8:00? :curly2:
Last edited by Lunkhead on November 22nd, 2005, 9:09 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on August 5th, 2005, 10:58 am

Sounds like a plan.

:shemp1: "I'll make a note of it."

Say, how about inviting the folks from stoogeworld too? Just a thought.

DK
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on August 5th, 2005, 6:32 pm

DK, I tried a couple times before to get the stoogeworld gang to chat, but never had much luck. They seem to prefer the message boards instead.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on August 5th, 2005, 8:14 pm

DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on August 5th, 2005, 9:45 pm

What a riot!

After a very hard and long week at work, chat was just what doctor ordered!

Calling Doctor Howard, Doctor Fine, Doctor Howard.
"How are you? I'm fine!" "I'm Howard."

"I feel better already",,,"What was the matter with you?" "Nothing."

Nice to meet you Brighto!
Great to see you again Tapeworm!
Lunkhead was cheating!!!! He was watching a Stooge DVD during chat! hahahahaha, no fair!

Ok, the rest of you lame brains, you missed out on the biggest thing of your life! We just had a blast in chat, you got to join us next month!

Make a note of it! The first Friday of the month!

Thanks Lunkhead, thanks gang, I had a great time, sorry I was so punchy, I was seeing stars, I was so tired, but chat was so much fun.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Re: Chat

Postby Brighto Salesman on August 6th, 2005, 7:14 pm

The chat last night was a lot of fun. I normally don't spend much time at all in chatrooms, mainly due to my 1 finger, hunt and peck typing style.

I mentioned the 2000 TV move about the Stooges during the chat and by a mere 'coincidence' it is on AMC TV right now. I watched about 10 minutes of it. As I said last night, I really wanted to like it when it first camed out; I even taped it. Unfortunately, the sight of Michael Chiklis attempting to recreate such classic bits like Curly vs. the oyster stew was really painful. You just can't duplicate perfection. The newer version of Psycho with Anne Heche and Vince Vaughn was awful; I can't help but think that Jack Black as Carl Denham in the new King Kong just won't work very well either.

Hollywood must have completely run out of fresh ideas.
Curly: How we gonna shoot golfs without guns?

Moe: C'mon, Buffalo Bill! <grabs Curly's nose>

Curly: EYOW-OW-OW-OW-OW!
Brighto Salesman
Pumpkinbrain

great time

Postby Lunkhead on August 7th, 2005, 7:29 pm

Thanks guys. It really was fun. Glad all of you made it there Friday night. Looks like this may become a tradition.
Jack Black as Carl Denham in the new King Kong just won't work very well either

I pretty much agree with you Brighto on remakes. Most times they don't cut it. The good news about the Kong remake is the original will finally be released on DVD as part of marketing for the new film. That's why I'm grateful for the movie VAN HELSING. It played a big part in getting the Universal Monster Legacy sets produced to help promote that film.

But you're right. Hollywood generally has little imagination left.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Umday on August 10th, 2005, 8:42 pm

If I had any say in it, which I don't, I'd have the actors playing the Stooges do an original short that was never done by the boys not a remake. That way at least they wouldn't moider an original scene.
Umday
Grapehead

Postby Lunkhead on August 13th, 2005, 2:26 pm

Umday wrote:If I had any say in it, which I don't, I'd have the actors playing the Stooges do an original short that was never done by the boys not a remake. That way at least they wouldn't moider an original scene.

Quite true. Actually if they insist on making a new stooge movie, I'd much rather see a total CGI production ala films like SHREK. With decent voice characterizations, they could put together something in the tradition of classic stooge comedy. It would require great care and a loving appreciation/understanding of the original shorts. Instead though, it looks like the Farrley Brothers will eventually produce a version with live actors doing nothing more than gross-out gags in stooge guise. Ya know, some things shouldn't be updated to modern times. The stooges are timeless just as they are.
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on August 13th, 2005, 9:15 pm

I'm going to dissagree with some folks here but I really enjoyed the Three Stooges movie.
I knew that there was no way that it could be as good as the actual stooges themselves. With that in mind, I watched how well each actor played the parts. I fell over in laughter during the "oyster soup" reinactment, sure it wasn't perfect, but it made me laugh.
The movie told the story of the Stooges that most folks probably didn't know, I thought it told the story and history very well.
I would not want to see them remake 190 episodes, that would be so terribly wrong.
...."I feel better already!"....
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on August 31st, 2005, 9:46 pm

Hows everyones schedules looking for a chat? Might be tough for some with the holiday weeknd but lets bump this up to the top and see what gives. I can hang out for an hour or so.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

9/2 chat

Postby Lunkhead on September 1st, 2005, 7:29 pm

Sounds good DK. I should be able to make it. I'll try emailing MickeyMoe and see if he's available.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Lunkhead on September 3rd, 2005, 3:59 pm

Sorry I could hang longer last night guys. We'll do it right the next time.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on September 4th, 2005, 9:03 am

Lunkhead wrote:Sorry I could hang longer last night guys. We'll do it right the next time.

I didn't stick around much after you left but everyones busy in summer time, see you next month in chat! We'll remind everyone earlier too! You pick out a DVD to play and the rest of us will try to keep up with the lines! Hey, that sounds like fun, like we did before, ok?

Moe,,,,"Remind me to murder you later!"
Curly,,,,"I'll make a note of it, got a pen?"
Moe,,,,"Nevermind, I'll do it now!" smack bonk crash slap
...."I feel better already!"....
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on September 4th, 2005, 9:52 pm

Sounds good DK. Until then...

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle