Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - OL Episode #8 – The Human Factor

OL Episode #8 – The Human Factor

Episode Discussions

Moderator: Xenorama

OL Episode #8 – The Human Factor

Postby Lunkenstein on July 1st, 2006, 8:12 pm

Original Airdate: November 11, 1963

Another decent entry. The story of a person’s mind trapped in another body has been done countless times since this ep, and was probably done before it too, though I can’t recall any specific film. It is handled nicely here. Gary Merrill (Bette Davis’ real life husband) and Harry Guardino are both quite good portraying the original and switched personalities. And lovely Sally Kellerman can be my assistant anytime! The Iceman Cometh bear is a nice, eerie creation, and the location is reminiscent of the original “THE THING”. Cool music, creative photography, and good performances help transfer this simple tale into a nice little nail-biter. Look for Sally to return in “THE BELLERO SHIELD” and for a pre-“HOGAN’S HEROES” role from Ivan Dixon.

“I felt him die.”
Last edited by Lunkenstein on July 9th, 2006, 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lunkenstein
Fiend Behind the Face

yesh

Postby Xenorama on July 7th, 2006, 8:46 pm

i remember watching this originally, but i have no recollection of it. i'll rewatch soon.

David
Last edited by Lunkhead on January 3rd, 2008, 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: font color
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

Postby Lunkenstein on July 8th, 2006, 9:48 am

It's a good episode.

Megs, did you get your OL Season 2 set yet? I could switch gears putting Season 1 on hold and start rewatching/posting those eps instead if you like.
Lunkenstein
Fiend Behind the Face

yesh

Postby Xenorama on July 8th, 2006, 10:47 am

i got it a few days ago, looks great. glad it was only $22 though, for 17 episodes. you can keep doing these this way, i like watchin' all of 'em.

David
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

Postby Lunkenstein on July 8th, 2006, 6:13 pm

That's Cool. Then you'll have them for reference when we get through Season 1. :ol_nightmare:
Lunkenstein
Fiend Behind the Face

Postby Preston on July 11th, 2006, 9:13 pm

To answer Lunkhead's query as to any mind-swap film which PRECEDED before "The Human Factor," the one which comes to mind is a movie from 1940 entitled TURNABOUT, a mind swap between a wife and husband, the same principle which was re-used many years later in the sitcom TV-series of the same title. I never saw the 1940s version but I was told that a Discrepany in that film was that the Wife's body retained her husband's voice, and vice versa for the Husband. Consequently,I suppose each body had to work at "disguising" their respective voices so that they would match the bodies they occupy.
Along those lines, I would say that the TELEVISION-series was more plausible in that each body had the voice of the Gender which matched the occupied body. At least plausible to me because each body's VOCAL-CORDS should only manifest the voice of that gender's body.
Now as far as THE OUTER LIMITS episode, THE HUMAN FACTOR is plausible as far as my point about the VOCAL-CORDS because even though the two men's minds occupy opposite bodies but Gary Merril's and Harry Guardino's voices match their proper bodies.
By the way,this is Preston's voice emanating from Preston's own body. lol
Preston
Mutant

Re: OL Episode #8 – The Human Factor

Postby Lunkenstein on March 2nd, 2008, 9:25 pm

Thanks for the info there, Preston. I agree it's more logical for the voices to remain within their respective bodies. On a fun note, the GILLIGAN'S ISLAND episode where a mad scientist switches the castaways minds has their voices change as well. It works there for comedy's sake - funny hearing the professor's voice coming from Mary Ann, etc.

In Patrick McGoohan's THE PRISONER TV series, the episode "DO NOT FORSAKE ME OH MY DARLING" has his character's mind put in another man's body. His voice remains that of the other man though, which again makes more sense.

Image Image
Lunkenstein
Fiend Behind the Face

Return to The Outer Limits