Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - Prisoner Episode #1 - Arrival

Prisoner Episode #1 - Arrival

Episode Discussions

Moderator: Xenorama

Prisoner Episode #1 - Arrival

Postby Lunkenstein on July 2nd, 2006, 12:57 pm

Though it's the first, ARRIVAL is one of the most enjoyable in many ways . There's a good deal of action and mysterious paranoia as Number 6 discovers he's imprisoned in the Village. It sets the atmosphere of the series, plus there are many great shots of Portmeirion. The opening theme is longer and there are additional clips of his resignation. As always, the music is exceptional and there are some fun little oddities such as "Pop Goes the Weasel" as Number 6 is heading toward Number 2's green dome. Rover is introduced in a frightfully good way, killing a villager who dares ignore Number 2's warning. At first defiant, Number 6 soon finds there is no easy way out, and trusting anyone in this place is a huge risk.

PRISONER SCORE BOARD:

Village: 1
Number 6: 0

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Last edited by Lunkenstein on July 9th, 2006, 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lunkenstein
Fiend Behind the Face

Arrival

Postby Exile on July 5th, 2006, 5:23 pm

Every time I watch Arrival, I notice something new. This episode differs from the rest of the series in that it's an origins story. The viewer is introduced to Number 6, Number 2, Rover and the very disturbing Villiage. I find it interesting that everything that 6's resignation and subsequent kidnapping are shown in the first few minutes (the same footage is shown at the beginning of each episode). A lesser series would have spent more time on the backstory, but McGoohan and Markstein leave it deliberately vague.

I'm always impressed with how effective Rover is. If you can suspend disbelief it's actually very menacing.
Exile
Pumpkinbrain

Postby Lunkenstein on July 7th, 2006, 5:46 pm

I'm always impressed with how effective Rover is.

Quite true. It's great how they filmed it and got it to move. The roar makes it seem quite ferocious too.
Lunkenstein
Fiend Behind the Face

15 minutes in

Postby Xenorama on October 31st, 2006, 3:39 pm

what i know about the Prisoner is scant, and most of it comes from the Simpson's episode! :laugh1: (Homer pops a Rover with a fork!) but this is very cool so far.

No. 6 is a year older than my dad!
Last edited by Lunkhead on January 3rd, 2008, 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: font color
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

Postby Lunkhead on October 31st, 2006, 7:41 pm

I think McGoohan was about 39 when the series was filmed. He had a dapper look there, and I remember when I turned 39, I looked in the mirror thinking This is the age Number 6 was when he resigned. He still looked good. Hey, I still look pretty good. Not so bad being this age. Of course, now I'm 51 and searching for his SCANNERS look. Somehow, it's just not there. :wink:
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Re: Prisoner Episode #1 - Arrival

Postby Lunkenstein on February 22nd, 2009, 3:49 pm

Well, just started re-watching the series again with my twins last night. This time I intend to get through them all and post threads for the remaining episodes.

Something new I picked up was the odd little tune a few villagers are humming when 6 first enters the Labour Exchange. Part of it sounds like the school music from the next to last episode, 'Once Upon a Time'. Just a funny, little thing.

I truly enjoy seeing Patrick in anything, be it TV or film, but THE PRISONER will always be my favorite. It seems bitter sweet watching it now that he's no longer on this earth. I know it's part of the natural process, but I always felt good knowing he was still around. At least his great work will survive. I sure hope I can meet him in the after-life though! :happy1:

I also just bought a CD (which is one of 3) of PRISONER soundtrack music - THE PRISONER FILE #1. It's neat hearing full cues of the background music which I love. I want to try and get the last 2 quickly as they look like they may be going OOP.

Image Image
Lunkenstein
Fiend Behind the Face

Return to The Prisoner