Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - Prisoner Episode #2 - The Chimes of Big Ben

Prisoner Episode #2 - The Chimes of Big Ben

Episode Discussions

Moderator: Xenorama

Prisoner Episode #2 - The Chimes of Big Ben

Postby Lunkenstein on July 9th, 2006, 6:38 pm

In episode 2, 'The Chimes of Big Ben', Leo McKern make his debut as Number 2, and he is the best in my opinion. His humor and characterization make him the most memorable and he figures prominently in the last two episodes.

Number 6 must decide whether to trust Number 8, a new resident of the village. She seems quite sincere and gains his confidence. Together, they plan an escape. It appears successful initially, but old colleagues soon show Number 6 he is in for a long haul.

An exciting and wonderful episode.

PRISONER SCORE BOARD:

Village: 2
Number 6: 0

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Last edited by Lunkenstein on July 29th, 2006, 8:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lunkenstein
Fiend Behind the Face

Chimes of Big Ben

Postby Exile on July 12th, 2006, 4:53 pm

Leo McKern is Number 2. I think this episode works better following Arrival that it would later in the series (I think it's on the third disk of the box set). I don't think that Number 6 would be as ready to trust Number 8 after he'd been in the Village a while. This is also kind of a depressing episode in that Number 6 is so crushed at the end. He doesn't usually come out on top, but this he is truly beaten in this one.
Exile
Pumpkinbrain

yeah

Postby Xenorama on November 2nd, 2006, 9:09 pm

i doubt he would trust someone at all after this happens, but anyone new especially in the Village. had to hurt when he realized he was still there, and his superiors helped.
Last edited by Lunkhead on January 3rd, 2008, 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: font color
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

Postby Lunkenstein on November 5th, 2006, 3:15 am

I think this plan certainly put a dent in his ability to trust. Even though I've seen the episode many times, I'm always amazed at the role of Nadia (played by Nadia Gray). The character/actress does such a great job that I practically believe her to be sincere all over again. The sympathy she creates and seemingly innocent victim role cuts like a knife when the truth is revealed. The look she gives Number 6 after he discovers he's been had is cold and a harsh contrast to the personality she'd portrayed up to that point. "I'll just place it in my report."
Lunkenstein
Fiend Behind the Face

Postby Lunkenstein on November 5th, 2006, 3:24 am

P.S. Isn't that music great when Number 6 is chopping the tree and working on the boat/craft? I love the guitar lick in that funky little rhythm.
Lunkenstein
Fiend Behind the Face

Return to The Prisoner