Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - Prisoner Episode #3 - A. B. and C.

Prisoner Episode #3 - A. B. and C.

Episode Discussions

Moderator: Xenorama

Prisoner Episode #3 - A. B. and C.

Postby Lunkenstein on July 29th, 2006, 8:36 pm

'A. B. and C.' are labels for people The Prisoner knew during his career. Number 2 (Colin Gordon) believes Number 6 was going to sell secret information after resigning. To prove this to the big boy (who keeps beeping on the red phone for updates), he employs a new technique using drugs and sensors to view Number 6's dreams. Along with Number 14, they try to place him in situations where the information will flow.

I consider this the first victory for Number 6. He figures out what's going on fairly quickly and really toys with Number 2 during the finale.

NOTE: Colin Gordon is the only other actor besides Leo McKern to appear in more than one episode as Number 2. It's fun seeing him so sheepish when talking with Number One? on that red phone. "Yes sir, I know I'm expendable..."

As always, this is another good episode. [Not a bad one in the bunch.] And check out that dreamy party music!

PRISONER SCORE BOARD:

Village: 2
Number 6: 1

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Last edited by Lunkenstein on November 8th, 2006, 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lunkenstein
Fiend Behind the Face

A, B & C

Postby Exile on August 8th, 2006, 5:42 pm

Another great episode and a real victory for Number 6. It's interesting how this episode shows that Number 2 is just as much a prisoner as 6.

Another interesting note is how Living in Harmony was not aired in the US, supposedly because of the drugs used on 6, but there was no trouble with this episode.
Exile
Pumpkinbrain

Postby Lunkenstein on August 8th, 2006, 6:05 pm

Another interesting note is how Living in Harmony was not aired in the US, supposedly because of the drugs used on 6, but there was no trouble with this episode.

Good point. Funny how that was determined. I think they also felt some of the violence in LIVING IN HARMONY was a bit much and maybe the anti-war analogy was touchy. But the censors have always been somewhat inconsistent through the years.
Lunkenstein
Fiend Behind the Face

wow

Postby Xenorama on August 9th, 2006, 11:54 pm

i really would like to see some of these shows. they sound pretty fascinating, and i love the use of color, which is something mostly lacking in shows and movies today.

David
Last edited by Lunkhead on January 3rd, 2008, 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: font color
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

Postby Lunkenstein on August 10th, 2006, 9:44 am

Megs, I just sent you an email on this.
Lunkenstein
Fiend Behind the Face

yesh!

Postby Xenorama on November 5th, 2006, 3:06 am

this is an interesting episode, for sure. gotta love the use of color. these days it would all be sepia toned with muted colors to be "realistic" instead of visually cool.

and thusly, a lot more boring.
Last edited by Lunkhead on January 3rd, 2008, 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: font color
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

Postby Lunkenstein on November 6th, 2006, 3:52 pm

Good point on the use of color. There are a lot of cool photographic techniques used in the series.

I love the ending shot of this one with the phone beeping away and Number 2's expression of dread. :laugh1:

I see now that you're caught up with these episodes. I'll get episode 4 up soon.

"He was going on holiday..."
Lunkenstein
Fiend Behind the Face

Return to The Prisoner