Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - Prisoner Episode #8 – Dance of the Dead

Prisoner Episode #8 – Dance of the Dead

Episode Discussions

Moderator: Xenorama

Prisoner Episode #8 – Dance of the Dead

Postby Lunkenstein on May 1st, 2007, 12:58 pm

I always found this episode a bit odd and bizarre and not a particular favorite, but I’ve come to appreciate it more of late. The ending used to throw me and it's strange, however it does work your imagination.

Village bad guys attempt to gain information from an old friend of Number 6 as the community prepares for its annual Carnival. Roland Walter Dutton is the associate; he is used and abused both mentally and physically. The village cat is still lurking about (spying perhaps?) and making visits to both the prisoner and Number 2. Meanwhile, Number 6 finds a body washed ashore. He attempts to contact help by placing information on the dead man and sending the body back out to sea. I did say there’s some strange stuff here, right?

Everything culminates in a nightmarish Cabaret with Number 6 put on trial for being caught with a radio (which he found on the dead man).

There are more beautiful shots and imagery in this episode, such as the beach at night and the colorful carnival costumes. Lots of good, biting dialogue and eerie atmosphere too. Mary Morris plays the first official female Number 2 and she is very good in the role. She looks especially neat as a menacing Peter Pan during the Cabaret. I always feel bad for Roland Walter Dutton, whose sad fate is revealed toward the end.

The underlying theme of the episode is death – death of actual people and of the life the prisoner once knew. The village also intends to make Number 6 appear dead to the outside world by amending the drowned man’s body. They try to break his spirit further and sway him toward the village as a new way of life.

This is a wild one and getting better with each viewing.

Six vs Village: Though a bit hard to judge, the village is the victor. Number 6 can’t help his friend and the village appears strong while planning more terrible things for his future. The villagers are downright scary in this one too!

"You’ll damage the brain and then we’ll all...!!"

"The town hall is fussy about who it lets in."

"I like my dream." ~ Number 6

"Stop asking me questions!"

PRISONER SCORE BOARD:

Village: 5
Number 6: 3

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Last edited by Lunkenstein on July 8th, 2007, 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lunkenstein
Fiend Behind the Face

bad!

Postby Xenorama on May 2nd, 2007, 12:20 am

i am two episodes behind! i gotta get on the ball here.

David
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

Postby Lunkenstein on May 2nd, 2007, 3:15 am

Probably doesn't help that I've taken months in between to post the last 2 eps. I'm going to try to do them more steady - maybe every 2 weeks or so.
Lunkenstein
Fiend Behind the Face

good

Postby Xenorama on May 3rd, 2007, 5:19 pm

gotta love the 60s designs that abound in the babes here. i like this Number 2. is she in more episodes?

David
Last edited by Lunkhead on January 3rd, 2008, 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: font color
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

Postby Lunkenstein on May 3rd, 2007, 5:34 pm

Unfortunately, she's not. The only Number 2s that appear in more than one episode are Colin Gordon and Leo McKern. You will see more good looking babes in some upcoming episodes though. :gorgeous: :happy1:
Lunkenstein
Fiend Behind the Face

Return to The Prisoner