Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - Stooge museum in Philly

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

Stooge museum in Philly

Stoogemania anyone? Bring some boint toast and a rotten egg and get in for 1/2 price. Discuss the classic stylings of our favorite funnymen.

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

Postby Hollister on September 15th, 2007, 2:26 pm

Lunkhead,

Now that Sony is selling the Shorts at a price of $1.00 per Short how can you go wrong!

I recently purchased the 120 Short set from The Classic Theater and the quality is very good. Now I don't have to wait for them to come on TV and best of all no commercials! Plus the convenience of a DVD.

Sony should have gotten off their butts sooner and produced the complete set a long time ago. At least this is a good start.

I am really enjoying your website, especially the thriva content.

Ed
Hollister
Pumpkinbrain

Postby Lunkhead on September 16th, 2007, 7:27 pm

Thanks Ed!
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Lunkhead on October 7th, 2007, 4:27 pm

Got back to the Stoogeum yesterday for part of Larry Fine's 105th Birthday Celebration. What a great place! There were wonderful presentations including discovered color footage from behind-the-scenes filming of 3 shorts. It was nice to see friends from The Three Stooges Fan Club again too.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on October 7th, 2007, 10:06 pm

That sounds like it was alot of fun! Someday I will make a journey to the modern day stooge meca.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on October 8th, 2007, 7:00 pm

You would really enjoy it, DK.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Lunkhead on October 26th, 2007, 12:14 am

Hey all, this is great. Gary has allowed parts of the Stoogeum to be shown on a PBS segment about the museum. Here is the link where you can see it on YouTube => Stoogeum

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Re: Stooge museum in Philly

Postby Lunkhead on October 13th, 2010, 9:31 pm

Here's the Stoogeum youtube video:

I wasn't able to get there last year. Hope to return for the fan club meeting next spring. Gary also opens the joint up on various weekends now. A super place for fans!

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on October 15th, 2010, 6:26 pm

Just passing by, saw the new posts, thought the old place was haunted. (scene from a ducking we will go)

Wow, that certainly looks like a cool place to visit, definitely run by a true stooge lover with a passion.

All these years and I'm still a chowderhead, nyuk, nyuk, nyuk, nyuk, CLANG oooouch!
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on October 15th, 2010, 10:37 pm

DangerkittyToTheRescue wrote:Just passing by, saw the new posts, thought the old place was haunted. (scene from a ducking we will go)
CLANG oooouch!

:laugh1: Good ta see ya, DK. Yep, I'm trying haunt this joint enough again that maybe it will return from the dead. :wink:

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby woodworks on July 1st, 2011, 3:36 am

I know this is an old thread, but does anyone have any cool pix or links to that museum???!:) :christine1: :joeB1: :larry1: :shemp1:
By blackglove at 2010-12-22
woodworks
Pumpkinbrain

Postby Jimmy Finn on July 1st, 2011, 8:23 pm

Jimmy Finn
Pumpkinbrain

Previous

Return to Strictly Stooges