Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - Stooge museum in Philly

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

Stooge museum in Philly

Stoogemania anyone? Bring some boint toast and a rotten egg and get in for 1/2 price. Discuss the classic stylings of our favorite funnymen.

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

Stooge museum in Philly

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on March 27th, 2006, 11:14 pm

Just saw Gary Lasson on the TV news! He has opened up a stooge museum in Philladelphia. Wow, I didn't know that. Looked really interesting, open to the public but by appointment.
Hey Lunkhead, have you visited the stooge museum yet?
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on April 1st, 2006, 10:32 pm

Yes, and it's fantastic - a stooge heaven on earth. There's no way to really describe how great it is, ya just have to see it. We visited it for the first time during last year's fan club meeting, and we'll be stopping by again this year. Gary has built a wonderful tribute for our beloved boys.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Xenorama on April 1st, 2006, 10:33 pm

you should post some pictures of it for those of us not near Philly!

David
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

Postby Lunkhead on April 1st, 2006, 10:37 pm

Ah Megs, I wish I could. But one of the rules is that no pictures are allowed. Sorry. I guess Gary wants people to see it live, but that makes it tough for those far away.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

understandable

Postby Xenorama on April 1st, 2006, 10:49 pm

that's understandable. how about a postcard then? do they have keychains?
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

Postby Lunkhead on August 22nd, 2007, 8:49 pm

Gary Lassin's Stoogeum now has its own website => The Stoogeum

Check it out!
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Lunkhead on August 22nd, 2007, 8:56 pm

I'm planning on visiting this wonderful place again real soon - hopefully on Larry's birthday weekend in October.
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Hollister on September 12th, 2007, 4:30 am

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/feature ... _Fine.html

The above link is to the article in the Phil paper.

I found it very interesting.
Hollister
Pumpkinbrain

Postby Lunkhead on September 12th, 2007, 8:33 pm

Welcome aboard, Hollister!

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Hollister on September 13th, 2007, 8:01 am

Thanks Lunkhead.

I've been watching the Stooges since I was 8 and still love them at 52 and watch them almost every day!

Ed
Hollister
Pumpkinbrain

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on September 13th, 2007, 5:56 pm

Welcome aboard Hollister, thanks for the article, that was captivating reading. Maybe someday I will travel to Philly and check out the joint.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Wilytank on September 13th, 2007, 7:48 pm

I hope to go visit this heaven some day.
Official spammer executioner
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

Postby Lunkhead on September 13th, 2007, 7:51 pm

I've been watching the Stooges since I was 8 and still love them at 52 and watch them almost every day!

Hey Ed - we're the same age! I also got into the stooges about the same time in the early '60s. Our outlet was Sally Starr's Popeye Theater from Philadelphia.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Hollister on September 13th, 2007, 11:52 pm

Lunkhead,

I remember we lived in Chicago in the 60's and The 3 Stooges would come on TV everyday from 4pm to 5pm. I didn't miss too many because I was home from school around 3pm.

I ordered the 120 Short set from:

http://www.theclassictheater.com/stooges.html

It arrived today and looks pretty good, certainly better than my old VHS tapes. The set was $110.

I also pre-ordered the Sony set from Amazon, the first 19 shorts, 1934-1936.

It's great to have so many great 3 Stooges shorts on DVD now!

Ed
Hollister
Pumpkinbrain

Postby Lunkhead on September 15th, 2007, 7:50 am

I'm really excited about the Sony set and also pre-ordered it recently. I'm sure it will be a success and hopefully we'll get all 190 with future sets - nice prints, some bonus material, etc.
I remember we lived in Chicago in the 60's and The 3 Stooges would come on TV everyday from 4pm to 5pm. I didn't miss too many because I was home from school around 3pm.

I forget if Sally Starr was on from 4 to 5 or 5 to 6, but I remember eating dinner while watching the boys and cartoons. Great memories. It was nice finally getting to meet Sally a couple years ago. I told her how much her show meant to me. A very, sweet lady.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Next

Return to Strictly Stooges