Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - Official Stooge DVD box sets possible in 2007

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

Official Stooge DVD box sets possible in 2007

Stoogemania anyone? Bring some boint toast and a rotten egg and get in for 1/2 price. Discuss the classic stylings of our favorite funnymen.

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

Re: Official Stooge DVD box sets possible in 2007

Postby jhro on July 22nd, 2008, 10:47 pm

Volume 4, 1943-1945 is getting released on October 7th according to this very reliable source..

http://videoeta.com/movie/107529
jhro
Pumpkinbrain

Postby Lunkhead on July 23rd, 2008, 6:09 pm

Thanks for the update! That's great news. Looks like they're really moving on these. Keep 'em comin'!! :happy1:
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby jhro on July 28th, 2008, 7:48 pm

I can confirm that October 7th is the release date for volume 4.

Nutty Numbskulls Larry, Moe and Curly Are Back in the Latest Volume of Classic Comedy Antics

THE THREE STOOGES COLLECTION Volume Four: 1943 - 1945
21 Digitally-Restored Shorts, Arranged Chronologically, and Packaged in a Two-Disc DVD

AVAILABLE ON OCTOBER 7

CULVER CITY, CALIF. (July 28, 2008) The Three Stooges will be caught in their brand new set of crazy shorts on October 7. The classic comedy trio returns with more eye-gouging, nose-tweaking fun in The Three Stooges Collection Volume Four: 1943 - 1945 debuting on DVD October 7 from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. All 21 short films from those two years, chronologically organized, have been digitally remastered from original negatives and include such fan favorites as Dizzy Detectives, Busy Buddies and Three Pests in a Mess. The Three Stooges Collection Volume Four: 1943 - 1945, continuing the fan-requested roll-out of the group's complete short film anthology, will be available for $24.96 SRP.

The Three Stooges are one of the most influential screen comedy teams of the 20th century and an inspiration to generations of comics that followed. Following their start in vaudeville, the trio’s film career began in the early 1930s, reached its slapstick peak during their tenure at Columbia Pictures (1934-1957) and lasted well into the 1950s. After their initial retirement, they were rediscovered by an enthusiastic new generation through the medium of television and have surpassed all their contemporaries in terms of lasting popularity.

The Three Stooges Collection Volume Four: 1943 - 1945 episodes include:

They Stooge to Conga
Busy Buddies
Dizzy Detectives
The Yoke's on Me
Spook Louder
Idle Roomers
Back From the Front
Gents Without Cents
Three Little Twirps
No Dough Boys
Higher Than a Kite
Three Pests in a Mess
I Can Hardly Wait
Booby Dupes
Dizzy Pilots
Idiots Deluxe
Phoney Express
If a Body Meets a Body
A Gem of a Jam
Micro-Phonies
Crash Goes the Hash

DVD Features Include:
· Full Screen Presentations
· Audio: English (Mono)

The Three Stooges Collection Volume Four: 1943 - 1945 has a run time of approximately 360 minutes and is not rated. Artwork is available at Welcome to SPHE Connect. Visit Sony Pictures Home Entertainment on the Web at Sony Pictures.

DVD Catalog # 27104
UPC Code: 0-43396-27104-3
Order Date: 9/04/08
SLP: $24.96
jhro
Pumpkinbrain

Postby Lunkhead on July 28th, 2008, 7:55 pm

Thanks again, jhro. This is just what stooge fans have been hoping for all along. And finally, FINALLY - THEY STOOGE TO CONGA comes to DVD!

Watch out, watch out with that climbing spike!! ~ :moe1: :laugh1:

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on August 13th, 2008, 5:23 pm

Release date is August 26th, Delivery estimate: September 2, 2008 Three Stooges Collection 3: 1940-1942, Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC.

I'm anxious to receive this already!
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby moe-jo on August 14th, 2008, 12:42 pm

Why does it take so long to get to where they're going?
"I am not what I am." Iago, from William Shakespeare's Othello
moe-jo
Mongoose

Postby Steve on August 20th, 2008, 6:08 pm

They are moving quickly, aren't they? Great news!
"You're umbday in any language!"
Steve
Grapehead

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on August 29th, 2008, 8:08 pm

Just arrived!

"Give it to me now" "You've got it!" SMACK

The Three Stooges DVD!

"Are these oysters fresh?" "I just dropped them in."

Man alive, there's some real classics on this set!

"What are you eating?" "A weinee but it's kinda tough."

"Oh a frozen dainty."

"Oh look, you bent the chissil." "I'll straighten that out!" CLANG

Hope that everyone else gets their set soon. I'm now watching the second disc, still cannot believe how crisp and clear these shorts are.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on August 29th, 2008, 9:12 pm

Mine arrived a couple days ago, but I've been too busy to watch any yet. Lookin' forward though! :curly1:

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Steve on September 2nd, 2008, 6:39 pm

I got my Stooges DVD set on Friday and am already through disc one! It helped to have a nasty weather weekend, what with all the hurricanes headed our way...

The single most LOL moment so far is the final two minutes of "Boobs In Arms", which I haven't seen in ages. The short is manic and insane and I absolutely loved it!!!

It's good to have more of the boys, and done right.
"You're umbday in any language!"
Steve
Grapehead

Postby Lunkhead on September 2nd, 2008, 8:31 pm

with all the hurricanes headed our way...

Hope all that bad weather stays off shore for you folks down there.
It's good to have more of the boys, and done right.

Absolutely! These sets are super!!

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

DVD Set Links

Postby Lunkhead on September 2nd, 2008, 8:38 pm

Thanks for adding the concise post with the Amazon links for each set, DK.
As Larry said in MEN IN BLACK,
"That'll really make it easy." :larry1:

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Official Stooge DVD box sets possible in 2007

Postby Xenorama on November 1st, 2008, 3:55 pm

how many more sets with Curly will there be? seems like we are to the point where he was starting to decline, here in set four. i know this is a silly question here, but how many shorts did Curly make?
Xenorama
Daci's human

Postby Lunkhead on November 9th, 2008, 4:59 pm

David, the next set will wrap up the Curlys. Here are his 10 remaining shorts:

Beer Barrel Polecats
A Bird in the Head
Uncivil Warbirds
The Three Troubledoers
Monkey Businessmen
Three Loan Wolves
G.I. Wanna Home
Rhythm and Weep
Three Little Pirates
Half-Wits Holiday

Curly made a total of 97. I'm assuming the next set will also start the early Shemps.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Volume 5 Tentative Release Date

Postby Lunkhead on December 30th, 2008, 6:46 pm

Now listed on VideoETA (which has gotten these right so far), Volume 5 will be released on March 17, 2009. It's not showing up on Amazon yet however. This will be 1946-1948 and will include the final Curlys and early Shemps:

BEER BARREL POLECATS
A BIRD IN THE HEAD
UNCIVIL WAR BIRDS
THE THREE TROUBLEDOERS
MONKEY BUSINESSMEN
THREE LOAN WOLVES
G I WANNA HOME
RHYTHM AND WEEP
THREE LITTLE PIRATES

HALF-WITS HOLIDAY
FRIGHT NIGHT
OUT WEST