Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - Official Stooge DVD box sets possible in 2007

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

Official Stooge DVD box sets possible in 2007

Stoogemania anyone? Bring some boint toast and a rotten egg and get in for 1/2 price. Discuss the classic stylings of our favorite funnymen.

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

Re: Official Stooge DVD box sets possible in 2007

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on January 4th, 2009, 9:14 pm

Thanks for the heads up Lunk, I'll be watching for Amazon pre-order information.

Although it kills me to wait, I like to save a couple of bucks by ordering up a couple of volumns at a time as Amazon usually has specials for multiple DVD orders.

Although it was a shame to lose Curly, I will say that Shemp stepped in seamlessly into the group as if he had been there all along.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on January 6th, 2009, 7:44 am

Yep, I usually order a $10.00 DVD along with each stooge set to get it over the $25.00 range for free shipping. The morbid - the merrier!
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Lunkhead on January 11th, 2009, 5:31 pm

Ah-ha! It's now up for pre-order on Amazon.com:

The Three Stooges Collection, Vol. 5: 1946-1948

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby AmalgamatedMoron on January 31st, 2009, 12:44 am

Have you guys seen the cover art? If not, here it is.

"If at first you don't succeed, keep on suckin' till you do succeed." Curly - Movie Maniacs, 1936
AmalgamatedMoron
Pumpkinbrain

Postby Lunkhead on January 31st, 2009, 11:39 pm

Thanks for posting the cover art. These sets are fantastic. Can't wait to have all 190 looking so good.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on March 10th, 2009, 8:19 pm

Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk, order's up, cackle soup on two!

Just placed my order for volume #5 and #4 for $29.98 + shipping.

My dumb luck again, I waited and waited and suddenly they lowered the pricing on the previously released volumes so I ordered, (yeah, like right away before they changed their mind).

T-minus 7 days till ship date!
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on March 14th, 2009, 7:58 am

Shipped! It won't be long now!

Greetings from Amazon.com.
We thought you'd like to know that we shipped your items, and that this
completes your order.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on March 15th, 2009, 9:31 pm

Haven't had a chance to order mine yet. :crying1: Money's tough right now, but it won't be long til I order that puppy.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on March 21st, 2009, 5:47 pm

Three Stooges marathon going on! I'm on the last disc of the two collections that I ordered. Oh sure, you can see Curly's health decline but more amazing to me is how well Shemp stepped in.

Remind me to annihilate you later. I'll make a note of it.

Let me have it. You got it! smash

How do you spell head? B-O-N-E. clang

We eluded them. Yeah and we got away. Pick two. plink

What would you do? I'd blast.

I'm not afraid, I'm not afraid. What a liar I am!

You're both crazy, I put the yeast in.

Say, are these oysters fresh?

Did you get that squeek out? We got everything out!

What are ya takin a bath for? It ain't Saturday.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on March 22nd, 2009, 4:34 pm

Wow, DK. About how many have you watched in how many days?

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on March 23rd, 2009, 6:08 pm

Lunkhead wrote:Wow, DK. About how many have you watched in how many days?

33 shorts in three days. Took Sunday off. Just started on the 4th DVD tonight. I'll be ready for Dock Mallards rest home after this! :laugh1:
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on April 17th, 2009, 11:48 pm

Three stooges set 6
http://www.amazon.com/Three-Stooges-Collection-Vol-1949-1951/dp/B0024396EM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1240060867&sr=8-1

The Ghost Talks
Who Done It?
Hokus Pokus
Fuelin' Around
Malice in the Palace
Vagabond Loafers
Dunked in the Deep

Punchy Cowpunchers
Hugs and Mugs
Do pey Ducks
Love at First Bite
Self-Made Maids
Three Hams on Rye
Studio Stoops
Slaphappy Sleuths
A Snitch in Time

Three Arabian Nuts
Baby Sitters Jitters
Don't Throw That Knife
Scrambled Brains
Merry Mavericks
The Tooth Will Out
Hula La La
Pest Man Wins
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on October 24th, 2009, 8:12 am

Taking pre-orders for volume # 7 at Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Three-Stooges-Col ... 612&sr=1-1

This two disc set contains the following shorts:

A Missed Fortune
Listen, Judge
Corny Casanovas
He Cooked His Goose
Gents in a Jam
Three Dark Horses
Cuckoo on a Choo Choo

Up in Daisy's Penthouse
Boo ty and the Beast
Loose Loot
Tricky Dic ks
Spo oks
Pardon My Backfire
Rip, Sew and Stitch
Bubble Trouble
Goof on the Roof

Income Tax Sappy
Musty Musketeers
Pals and Gals
Knutzy Knights
Shot in the Frontier
Scotched in Scotland
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on October 24th, 2009, 10:10 am

Thanks for keeping up with these postings, Tom. I'm actually a couple sets behind, but will get all of them eventually.

I see my ship coming in right now down the street!
Oh, waidaminute - it's just a kid with a plastic toy boat. :crying1:

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on October 25th, 2009, 5:45 pm

Lunkhead wrote:Thanks for keeping up with these postings, DK. I'm actually a couple sets behind, but will get all of them eventually.

That's actually the way to do it! You get the better price on the "two for" deals, and you get the best shipping options to boot. I usually wait until I can get the nest two DVD's and take advantage of the "Frequently Bought Together" special which saves a couple of bucks, nyuk, nyuk, nyuks.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

PreviousNext

Return to Strictly Stooges