Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - "Disorder in the Court" in REAL life?

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

"Disorder in the Court" in REAL life?

Stoogemania anyone? Bring some boint toast and a rotten egg and get in for 1/2 price. Discuss the classic stylings of our favorite funnymen.

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

"Disorder in the Court" in REAL life?

Postby Preston on July 17th, 2006, 6:34 pm

AT first,I was going to post this under the other thread of "Truth is stranger than fiction" which is found under a separate section of this forum. But then I decided to post it here because it concerns a TRUE-life court case which reminds me of the 3 Stooges episode DISORDER IN THE COURT. As I have Not seen this episode since the 1960s, Lunkhead, I need you to refresh my memory.
What I'm driving at is I wonder if this offbeat-but-true news report mirrors any incident in the Stooges episode because it sounds like something which might occur in a Stooges episode. Let me give you the news report now. It comes from a court-trial in Martinez, California concerning a Susan Polk. Polk was on trial for supposedly murdering her husband. It's already unusual that the judge allowed Polk to spend two weeks on the witness stand as both questioner and witness. But it really got bizarre when Polk RE-ENACTED the conversations between her and her dead husband. Yes, she even imitated her husband's deep-voice in the re-enacted conversation!
Lunkhead, for some reason, I recall something along those lines in the Stooges episode. Of course,since I saw it over 40 years ago, I am most likely wrong. So I'm asking you. Whatever the case, don't you think that Susan Polk at least RESEMBLES a Stooges episode?
Preston
Mutant

Court disorder

Postby Lunkhead on July 20th, 2006, 10:05 am

Hi Preston. That is a strange story. The main premise of DISORDER IN THE COURT is the trial of a dancer named Gail Tempest. She was found next to the body of a murdered man (Kirk Robbin) with a revolver in her hand at the Blackbottom Cafe. The scenes you're most likely remembering are when Moe, Larry and Curly offer to act out what happened for the court. Funny thing is they start off re-enacting a musical number with Gail doing her dance routine. But afterward, Moe demonstrates how a man named Buck Wing was arguing with Kirk Robbin. Moe (as Buck Wing) grabs Curly (as Kirk Robbin) and pulls him toward a letter press. Moe says, "He grabs Kirk by the neck like that, see... Then he pokes his coconut into the letter press. Then he says... 'I'll squeeze the cider outta yer adam's apple!' Then he gives em the works like this. And he keeps turnin... and twistin..." - all using Curly's head in the press as an example.

So in a way, you are remembering something similar as far as acting out the crime. [Good memory for 40 years BTW!] DISORDER IN THE COURT is one of the stooges' finest. It's easily available on cheap public domain DVDs. You can also see pictures from the short right here at our main site => Disorder in the Court. Also, At threestooges.net, you can watch the full short online if you have RealPlayer. Go to threestooges.net, then click on the 'Multimedia Gallery' menu, 'Video Files', 'Full Episodes'. Then go to Page 2 and you'll see the link for DISORDER IN THE COURT for RealPlayer.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Re: Court disorder

Postby Wilytank on September 8th, 2006, 6:52 am

Lunkhead wrote:Hi Preston. That is a strange story. The main premise of DISORDER IN THE COURT is the trial of a dancer named Gail Tempest. She was found next to the body of a murdered man (Kirk Robbin) with a revolver in her hand at the Blackbottom Cafe. The scenes you're most likely remembering are when Moe, Larry and Curly offer to act out what happened for the court. Funny thing is they start off re-enacting a musical number with Gail doing her dance routine. But afterward, Moe demonstrates how a man named Buck Wing was arguing with Kirk Robbin. Moe (as Buck Wing) grabs Curly (as Kirk Robbin) and pulls him toward a letter press. Moe says, "He grabs Kirk by the neck like that, see... Then he pokes his coconut into the letter press. Then he says... 'I'll squeeze the cider outta yer adam's apple!' Then he gives em the works like this. And he keeps turnin... and twistin..." - all using Curly's head in the press as an example.

So in a way, you are remembering something similar as far as acting out the crime. [Good memory for 40 years BTW!] DISORDER IN THE COURT is one of the stooges' finest. It's easily available on cheap public domain DVDs. You can also see pictures from the short right here at our main site => Disorder in the Court. Also, At threestooges.net, you can watch the full short online if you have RealPlayer. Go to threestooges.net, then click on the 'Multimedia Gallery' menu, 'Video Files', 'Full Episodes'. Then go to Page 2 and you'll see the link for DISORDER IN THE COURT for RealPlayer.

I love that phrase.
Official spammer executioner
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

Return to Strictly Stooges