Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - Name that scene/short

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

Name that scene/short

Stoogemania anyone? Bring some boint toast and a rotten egg and get in for 1/2 price. Discuss the classic stylings of our favorite funnymen.

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

Name that scene/short

Postby Lunkhead on June 15th, 2005, 7:37 pm

NOTE: THIS THREAD IS FROM THE LUNKHEAD'S ZONE EZBOARD

stoogefan65
Blubberhead
(11/25/03 5:06 am)
Reply | Edit | Del All Name that scene/short
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"How's that?"

"Well , it don't feel as good as when I did 'DIS !!"

"No,...wait , wait , wait. Take it easy. Now , look. We ain't gettin' no place fast. Let's get at this THE RIGHT WAY!!"

Ok , everyone , start thinkin' , if possible !!

Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle
(11/25/03 7:00 am)
Reply | Edit | Del
ezSupporter
Re: Name that scene/short
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The phone booth scene from BRIDELESS GROOM.

clint55
Pumpkinbrain
(11/25/03 1:45 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
ezSupporter

Soitenly!

stoogefan65
Blubberhead
(11/26/03 5:22 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Re:Name that scene/short
Oh,....a couple of "intelligent imbeciles !!" But , I'm MUCH SMARTER !!! I'm just an imbecile !!! Try this one,...

"Hey , you're not gonna blast ?"

"What would you do?"

"I'd blast ."

clint55
Pumpkinbrain
(11/26/03 8:02 am)
Reply | Edit | Del
ezSupporter

Re: Re:Name that scene/short
That would be "The sitter-downers"

..."come on outta there tarzan"

Megaloman
Half Brother to a Weasil
(11/26/03 12:12 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
ezSupporter

Name that scene/short
You guys are too good.

"I'll leave a message on the radio tell you where to come and find me- I've got a box of black magic for you."

"Lenina", The Vapors

MickeyMoe2
Wiseguy
(11/26/03 7:45 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

Alright you mugs, here's a toughie. Even I don't know the answer....

Larry and Moe talking...

Larry- "Moe, do you think it would be possible.....""
Moe - "I don't think it would be possible!"

I think it was the scene where they painted themselves in the corner.

MM

CurlyQlink41144
Applehead
(11/26/03 8:45 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del RE:RE
loco Boy Makes Good From the scene when they were trying to figure out how to put down the linoleum (or however you spell it)

CurlyQlink41144
Applehead
(11/26/03 8:51 pm)
How about this one:

- "How do ya like that!"

- "whattsa matter?"

- "I'm dancin from a trombone part!"

Bruckman64
Pumpkinbrain
(11/28/03 8:16 am)
Reply | Edit | Del re
HULA-LA LA. Hey, these are easy.

Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle
(11/28/03 8:30 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
ezSupporter
Here ya go:

"We looked for a job last year. There ain't any!" ~

MickeyMoe2
Wiseguy
(11/29/03 11:14 am)
Reply | Edit | Del

Think these are easy Bruckman4? Well try this one...

Larry- "Did he break your nose?"

Moe- "No...."

Larry- "That's too bad!!!"

MM

P.S. CLANG!!!!! (Pardon my monkeywrench!)

Bruckman64
Pumpkinbrain
(11/30/03 2:15 am)
Reply | Edit | Del re:
Well MM you stumped me on that one - either that or the monkey wrench done knocked the answer clean outta my head.

Lunkhead's quote is from DIZZY DOCTORS, though.

Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle
(11/30/03 2:28 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
ezSupporter

Right on Bruck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MM, I'm stumped on yours too. Anyone else know?

Thomas Hedison
Grapehead
(11/30/03 11:33 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del re: Name that scene/short
I'll venture a wild guess and say it's from HOLD THAT LION in Ichabod Slipp's office sometime after Larry and Moe woke up on the couch next to each other after Slipp beat them up.

MickeyMoe2
Wiseguy
(11/30/03 11:42 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: re: Name that scene/short

WHY YOU DUMMIES!!! It's from "GI WANNA GO HOME" were the boys are looking for a place to live after the war and they end up living in a backyard with normal house furnature and a guy comes to the door...a door only...no walls ! and he asks if they have a room for rent. When Moe and Larry say no he slams the door on Moe's nose. OH YEA, NOW YOU REMEMBER.....TOO LATE ...SMACK !!!!

MM

Thomas Hedison
Grapehead
(12/1/03 8:15 am)
Reply | Edit | Del re: Name that short/scene
Well, that explains it. I haven't seen that one in ages.

What about this scene with Larry:

"Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?

CRASH!!!!

(crying) "I break more mirrors that way!"

stoogefan65
Blubberhead
(12/2/03 4:53 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Name that short/scene
Wow !! Looks like I started something. I don't know the answer to the last one , but , hey you "chowderheads" , keep it going. I'd have checked in sooner , but I was "tryin' to think , but nothin' happened." ( Not really,..I was out of town due to Thanksgiving. I hope everyone had a nice one. )

stoogefan65
Blubberhead
(12/2/03 4:56 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Re:Name that short/scene
Hey , "TH" , would your quote be from "Self Maid Maids?" Just a guess on my part.

stoogefan65
Blubberhead
(12/2/03 5:03 am)
"What's the idea of packin' the phone?"

"In case we get a call while we're gone."

CurlyQlink41144
Applehead
(12/2/03 3:35 pm)
Some more of Samoa........
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Name that scene/short

Postby Lunkhead on June 15th, 2005, 7:38 pm

Thomas Hedison
Grapehead
(12/2/03 7:22 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del re:re
Nope. It was from GYPPED IN THE PENTHOUSE. Larry sees the personal ad placed in the paper by Moe's fiancee so she could see another fella behind Moe's back, then Larry goes to the mirror.

stoogefan65
Blubberhead
(12/3/03 5:31 am)
"He said taste it. He didn't invite you to lunch."

stoogefan65
Blubberhead
(12/3/03 5:34 am)
"Gypped In The Penthouse" , eh? I guess I'm not such a "smart little imbecile" after all. Good pick !!

MickeyMoe2
Wiseguy
(12/3/03 12:52 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: Re:Name that short/scene

Here's a simple one mugs.....

"YOU CAN'T ARREST US..WE'RE NOT INTERFERING WITH INTERSTATE COMMERCE!!!!"

(Not sure about the "you can't arrest us part", but you gets the idea)

MM the Murderin' Messour

stoogefan65
Blubberhead
(12/5/03 5:42 am)
Hey , MickeyMoe , I think your quote is also from "The Sitter Downers."

MickeyMoe2
Wiseguy
(12/5/03 7:26 am)
Reply | Edit | Del

You are absolutely right Stoogefan!! SMACK!!! That was for absolutley nuthin' !!

That quote was from "The Sitter Downers"...one of my favorites. My favorite scence is when Moe and Larry are putting up a 2x4 wall on their pre-cut house and Moe says "GO OUT AND GET A BAWD TO HOLD THIS UP.." Larry goes to get a "bawd" from a pile (notice it has a sharp splinter on the end) but it's stuck on one end. He yanks and yanks and it breaks loose loose and Larry goes flying and the splintered part of the "bawd" hits Moe right in the can. He falls down and the wall comes crashing down on top of him about a millisecond after!!!" I watch that scene over and over it's so funny!!!

MM THE MM

stoogefan65
Blubberhead
(12/8/03 4:45 am)
Yeah , that's a funny scene. I always get a laugh out of Marcia Healy's "Come down outta there , Tar-zan !!" , line. Try this one,

"He swam across the river and died of "potomic" poisonin'."

BTW, Marcia Healy was Ted Healys sister. "The Sitter Downers" was released in May of 1937 , and Ted was murdered in September of that year.

CurlyQlink41144
Applehead
(12/8/03 4:59 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Thats from Uncivil Warriors, one of my favorites.

I love this line:
Larry - "Pardon me gentlemen, I gotta take care of a weak back."

'Bloodhound' Philbin - "How long have you had a weak back?"

Larry - "Oh, about a week back!"
"Esther, you're so ugly I could put your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies!" - Fred Sanford

stoogefan65
Blubberhead
(12/9/03 5:44 am)
Correct, CurlyQlink !!! We're all gettin' to be MENTAL GIANTS !!! Try this one,...

"You get a moose and a few meeces, and I'll run down an elk."

MickeyMoe2
Wiseguy
(12/10/03 3:06 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: Re:Name that short/scene

Here's an easy one for ya mugs....

Moe is fishing and catches a fish. He says to the fish...

"You call yourself a fish? Three's gotta eat offa you. Go back and get your old man!!!!!"

MM the MM

metaldams1978
Pumpkinbrain
(12/10/03 5:05 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
RE
Whoops, I'm An Indian
"Beware! Beware! Beware of the big green dragon that sits at your doorstep. He eats little boys! Puppy dog tails! Big fat snails! Beware! Take care! Beware! Tell me! Tell me! Dragon! Do you eat little boys? Puppy dog tails and big fat snails."

stoogefan65
Blubberhead
(12/11/03 4:55 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Name that short/scene
Right , Whoops , I'm An Indian was the answer for the last two quotes. How about this one,

"I think there'd be trouble picking out which one was the horse."

Thomas Hedison
Grapehead
(12/11/03 8:50 am)
Reply | Edit | Del re: Name that short/scene
A great line by Curly from SLIPPERY SILKS

What about this one: "Leave us leave, my sweet!" (kick) "Don't you raise your hand to me!"

Edited by: Thomas Hedison at: 12/11/03 8:57 am

stoogefan65
Blubberhead
(12/12/03 5:14 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Re:Name That Scene/Short
Shemp uttered those words as he and Christine McIntrye departed to search for her uncle in "Who Done It?" Chritine's follow up line , ( "Now, don't you go get yourself MURDERED." ) , was equally great.

clint55
Pumpkinbrain
(12/13/03 9:38 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
ezSupporter

Re: Re:Name That Scene/Short
How about this one ya chuckle heads -

"Here's five dollars for expenses".

"Oh, thanks" ~

"You would take it". <<smack>>

Edited by: clint55 at: 12/13/03 9:44 pm

MickeyMoe2
Wiseguy
(12/14/03 11:29 am)
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: Re:Name That Scene/Short

I don't know the name Clint, but dat's the one where Curly invents the "gold finder". One of my favorites. I wish I was a smarter inbecille and knew the short name.

MM the MM

Thomas Hedison
Grapehead
(12/16/03 3:24 am)
Reply | Edit | Del re: Name that scene/short
A great performance by Monty Collins as the Stooges' mother in CACTUS MAKES PERFECT.

How about this:

"I'm a king now. Crown me."

"I'll crown the both of ya if you don't get to work!"

stoogefan65
Blubberhead
(12/16/03 5:26 am)
That's from "Tassels In the Air." Curly gets an "Intro to Pig Latin" from both Moe and Larry during their lunch break. ("You mean I'm 'Umday' in pig language?...Your 'Umday' in ANY language !!)

How about this one,...."Now , Mr. Morgan , we're not as dumb as we look around here."

Bruckman64
Pumpkinbrain
(12/19/03 4:04 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Name that short/scene
SLIPPERY SILKS. Follows the "Are you sure this work is in competent hands?" "Soitenly, we're all incompetent!" dialogue exchange.

How about:

"Buck 'er up!"

"I can't, I lost my buckaroo!"

What short, and where are they when it's spoken?

stoogefan65
Blubberhead
(12/19/03 5:05 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Re:Name that Scene/Short
Right, bruckman64. That was also from "Slippery Silks." Yours is from "How High Is Up", and was spoken btwn Moe and Curly as the "woiked" as riviters on the high rise.
How about one I posted earlier , but I don't think anyone's named it yet,..."He said taste it. He didn't invite you to lunch."
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on December 23rd, 2005, 11:25 am

Time to wake up this thread!

"Onezell twozell threezell zam,
The buck tail never get tickled on tam
Hank scram the butcher man
see saw buck out!"

It'll be Christmas 2006 by the time someone gets this one!
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on December 23rd, 2005, 5:44 pm

Is it from BOOBS IN ARMS? When Moe is going to pick who can romance their future Sgt's wife?
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on December 28th, 2005, 9:29 am

I think that we have a winner! Pretty sure that you are correct and in near record time. Wow, I'm impressed!

Ok, in the short, "Idle Roomers" Curly picks up a trombone to soothe the wild beast and an entire symphony song gets played.
What was the name of this song?
It was also played in the short "Termites of 1938" and I also believe it was played in "Micro-Phonies.

Ok, now name that tune!
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on January 1st, 2006, 12:09 pm

Great question DK! I did a google search but found nothing expect an article also questioning the name of this mysterious "Three Stooges March". I've no idea, and like Lupe, it's driving me crazy and would like to know. Anyone??

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on January 2nd, 2006, 6:02 pm

Curly had attempted to hide from the authorities by climbing into the back of a large radio, played the entire orchestra music (three stooges march)with a flute and a small cymbal.
Can't remember the short but I think that this song was in about a half dozen shorts. I still cannot find out the name of this musical song.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

the march

Postby Lunkhead on January 4th, 2006, 6:13 pm

I'll make some further inquiries. :curly1:

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Re: the march

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on January 4th, 2006, 10:56 pm

Lunkhead wrote:I'll make some further inquiries. :curly1:

I'm calling in for reinforcements!

Hi Gary,

I am a newer subscriber to the Three Stooges Journal and fan club. I had a silly question that I've wondered about for a very long time and figured that I would go ahead and ask you. I posted this question at Lunkheads Lair, a stooge message forum run by my friend Lunkhead, aka Paul. Ok, in the short, "Idle Roomers" Curly picks up a trombone to soothe the wild beast and an entire symphony song gets played. What was the name of this song? It was also played in the short "Termites of 1938" and I also believe it was played in "Micro-Phonies. Silly question I know, what do you think?
Thanks
TM
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Re: the march

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on January 5th, 2006, 1:15 pm

DangerkittyToTheRescue wrote:
Lunkhead wrote:I'll make some further inquiries. :curly1:

I'm calling in for reinforcements!

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and the answer is,,,,,,,,,,,,drumroll please!

Ok, in the short, "Idle Roomers" Curly picks up a trombone to soothe the wild beast and an entire symphony song gets played. What was the name of this song?
"Frederic March" by Howard Jackson & Raphael Penso

Thanks Gary!
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

reinforcements

Postby Lunkhead on January 5th, 2006, 8:52 pm

Hey, we got something in common. My reinforcements and your reinforcements are both reinforcements, the same in fact.

Good going DK on getting the answer. I asked in the club's yahoo group and they let me know as well. "Frederic March" - what a great title for the song! I'm guessing it may have been written especially for the stooge shorts.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Name that scene/short

Postby Lunkhead on January 5th, 2006, 8:57 pm

Here's one for ya:

"You're not going to ruin my dinner." ~ said Curly to Moe

Name the scene and the short...
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on January 6th, 2006, 12:39 pm

Lunkhead wrote:Here's one for ya:

"You're not going to ruin my dinner." ~ said Curly to Moe

Name the scene and the short...

Oh please give me a hint,,,,,

Does this have anything to do about a battle of wits with a bowl of oyster soup?
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

not from DUTIFUL BUT DUMB

Postby Lunkhead on January 7th, 2006, 12:04 pm

Does this have anything to do about a battle of wits with a bowl of oyster soup?

Nope. It has to do with a specially created drink and a busted rib or 2.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby tapeworm on January 8th, 2006, 9:37 am

I thought I'd test out my lump of brain. Is the title of the short, "Hot Scot?"
Last edited by tapeworm on January 8th, 2006, 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't forget to bring me back a peice of boint toast and a rotten egg.
tapeworm
Pumpkinbrain

Next

Return to Strictly Stooges