Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - Favorite Time To Watch The Stooges?

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

Favorite Time To Watch The Stooges?

Stoogemania anyone? Bring some boint toast and a rotten egg and get in for 1/2 price. Discuss the classic stylings of our favorite funnymen.

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

Favorite Time To Watch The Stooges?

Postby StoogeYearsEve on January 13th, 2008, 7:48 pm

What is everyone most enjoyable time to watch the stooges? I know for myself i could watch them everyday but On New Years Eve for me they are something special and feel different, you know how special the holidays feel when you dont know what day it is for like a week, Well I live in New England and for 20 or so years the traditon up here has been watching the stooges on new years eve before the big parites and celebrations, so thats been my prestige time to watch them. I like to make my own marathons so hopefully we will get more volumes released so i can pursue in doing that. Does anyone else create marathons on certain days or holidays?? if you have what episodes do you show?
StoogeYearsEve
Pumpkinbrain

Re: Favorite Time To Watch The Stooges?

Postby Lunkhead on January 15th, 2008, 8:16 pm

When AMC first acquired the stooges, they ran a marathon to ring in the year 2000. I remember my youngest son and I laughing hard at them in the middle of the night. Our local Channel 57 ran one in honor of Larry a few years back. In fact, they still show the stooges on Sunday mornings for one hour.

I've run a couple with family and friends through the years. I like to mix it up, but usually include shorts like MEN IN BLACK, DISORDER IN THE COURT, HEAVENLY DAZE, THE GHOST TALKS, and DIZZY PILOTS among others.
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby StoogeYearsEve on January 16th, 2008, 4:03 pm

http://tv38.com/stooges

This is the marathon we received this year. Some cool things to check out on there
StoogeYearsEve
Pumpkinbrain

Postby Lunkhead on January 16th, 2008, 5:55 pm

That's great that they do it every year. Looks like a lot of fun. Do they also show the stooges on a regular basis? Just wondering.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby moe-jo on March 22nd, 2008, 5:30 pm

Lunkhead wrote: Do they also show the stooges on a regular basis? Just wondering.

They used to, on SpikeTV on Sunday morning from 9-10 AM but they were recently taken off the schedule.

I like to watch the Stooges on New Year's Eve when I go back to visit my aunt and cousins for Christmas. I'm originally from New England, so I guess it should be in my blood, but to tell you the truth, I only found out about it this year.
"I am not what I am." Iago, from William Shakespeare's Othello
moe-jo
Mongoose

Postby Steve on July 21st, 2008, 3:22 pm

These days, I watch them in early in the morning before work. That way, I avoid manufactured media unpleasantness and instead regale in Curly's genius, Moe's brilliant reactions and slaps, and Larry's unheralded, somehow- keeping- the act- togetherness. Early morning Stoogery is best. I also watch them on early morning weekends. The boys serve as surrogate cartoon characters, though I have plenty of Looney Tunes, as well.
"You're umbday in any language!"
Steve
Grapehead

Postby Lunkhead on July 23rd, 2008, 7:57 pm

They are fun early and it's a great way to start the day. One of our local channels still shows them on Sunday mornings. The time has changed a couple times from 10:00 to 9:00 - and now they're on at 11:00.

I have plenty of Looney Tunes, as well

Looney Tunes are my favorite cartoons. Sometimes before watching a movie, we'll throw on a cartoon or two and a stooge short. It's fun recreating the old movie theater afternoon showings.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby moe-jo on July 23rd, 2008, 8:59 pm

I'm in New England visiting family and the Stooges are on Sunday mornings on UPN 38. I'm going back to California on Saturday, though... :crying3:
moe-jo
Mongoose

Postby Steve on July 26th, 2008, 9:14 am

I sure miss the "independent stations" of my youth. Now, they're all UPN or WB and play the same tired shows no matter what part of the country you're in. Time was, a Three Stooges airing was as dependable as Old Faithful. Same goes for classic 1960s and 1970s shows. IMO there are more channels to watch less and less these days. And they're all controlled by one of two mega corporations....:(
"You're umbday in any language!"
Steve
Grapehead

Postby Lunkhead on July 28th, 2008, 8:09 pm

I certainly agree with that, Steve. Don't know what I'd do without DVDs.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby moe-jo on July 29th, 2008, 6:36 pm

Great news, everyone! I've found some jobs for my dad back in Massachusetts-New Hampshire, so hopefully I will be catching the Stooges on Sundays in the near future if we move back there! Plus, it'll be nice to be back home and close to family.
moe-jo
Mongoose

Postby Lunkhead on July 29th, 2008, 7:00 pm

Best of luck there, moe-jo. Hope it works out for you.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Return to Strictly Stooges