Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - STOOGEUM article in the AZ Republic!!!!

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

STOOGEUM article in the AZ Republic!!!!

Stoogemania anyone? Bring some boint toast and a rotten egg and get in for 1/2 price. Discuss the classic stylings of our favorite funnymen.

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

STOOGEUM article in the AZ Republic!!!!

Postby Afa Dollah on April 15th, 2008, 1:12 pm

The Sunday AZ Republic travel section published an article on the STOOGEUM! I nearly had a major coronary event. It is a reprint of an article/blog by the Washington Post's writer Marc Fisher. I managed to track down the original because the Republic edited a few paragraphs. Here's the link:

Stoogeum article:

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/rawfishe ... y_wor.html

A very nice article with lots of information. Congratulations to Gary Lassin! One day, I'll make the pilgrimage myself.
"Take your stinking paws off me, you damn dirty ape!"
Afa Dollah
Imbecile

Re: STOOGEUM article in the AZ Republic!!!!

Postby moe-jo on April 15th, 2008, 4:44 pm

whoa! Awesome, Afa! I went to Philadelphia in 8th grade. If only I'd been obsessed with the Stooges then... :evil2:
"I am not what I am." Iago, from William Shakespeare's Othello
moe-jo
Mongoose

Postby Afa Dollah on April 15th, 2008, 9:53 pm

Well, it was great to see something in the local paper about the Stoogeum. A number of friends pointed that out to me, knowing my interest. :curly1:
Afa Dollah
Imbecile

Postby moe-jo on April 16th, 2008, 9:10 am

yeah. It's great to see ANYTHING about the Stooges in the paper.
moe-jo
Mongoose

Postby Lunkhead on April 20th, 2008, 5:42 pm

Nice article. The Stoogeum is simply fantastic and Gary is a great guy. He's always been so nice to me and my family.
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby moe-jo on May 20th, 2008, 2:24 pm

I stumbled upon the article in the San Diego Union Tribune just now:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20080323/news_1t23stoogesm.html
moe-jo
Mongoose

Postby Afa Dollah on May 27th, 2008, 1:15 am

Good catch!
Afa Dollah
Imbecile

Postby moe-jo on May 27th, 2008, 9:15 am

You're right, Afa. My heart would have stopped too if I had read that article in the morning paper the day it came out! :laugh1: :wink:
moe-jo
Mongoose

Return to Strictly Stooges