Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - Which Short Has...

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

Which Short Has...

Stoogemania anyone? Bring some boint toast and a rotten egg and get in for 1/2 price. Discuss the classic stylings of our favorite funnymen.

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

Which Short Has...

Postby Steve on June 10th, 2008, 5:18 pm

...Larry and Moe fighting over a girl and then features the use of a fireplace blower in Larry's mouth and his stomach gets puffed up? I haven't seen that one in almost thirty years and it was one of those shorts that scared me as a kid, because Larry just looked so angry! He then got up and did the same to Moe. The olde memory is shaky, but that's how I remember it.
"You're umbday in any language!"
Steve
Grapehead

Re: Which Short Has...

Postby Lunkhead on June 11th, 2008, 7:00 am

That would be CORNY CASANOVAS (1952). Moe, Larry and Shemp are all trying to win the affection of a gal named Mabel (Connie Cezan). I haven't watched it for a few years myself, but it was included in the shorts AMC used to show. Pretty funny one. :moe1: :larry1: :shemp1:
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Steve on June 11th, 2008, 2:41 pm

Thanks! I didn't think that Curly was in it. Glad to have a title to that 30-year-old memory. I'm also pleased that it's a well-regarded entry in that period of the Stooge canon.
Steve
Grapehead

Postby Lunkhead on June 11th, 2008, 10:08 pm

You're welcome, Steve. Glad I could help.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Steve on June 12th, 2008, 3:09 pm

Okay, one more short: What's the one with Curly (IIRC) looking at a gorilla through a mirror without any glass and the two were making the same hand movements and Curly wasn't sure if he was the gorilla or not?
Steve
Grapehead

Postby Steve on June 12th, 2008, 7:23 pm

After much searching, I think it might be 1943's IDLE ROOMERS. And it's a wolfman, not a gorilla...
Steve
Grapehead

Postby Lunkhead on June 12th, 2008, 7:28 pm

Ah, I was just getting ready to post that Steve. Yep, that sounds like the one you were thinking of.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Another of my "brilliant" ideas...

Postby Steve on June 13th, 2008, 9:47 am

I hope this thread can be used to answer all of those fragmented memories about which short has what scene. I hope more fans post here and on the rest of the board, too.
Steve
Grapehead

Postby Lunkhead on June 13th, 2008, 8:56 pm

Thanks, Steve. That is a good idea.

The board tends to vary in activity. It's not usually super-busy, but with a few steady members it manages to survive. It helps when people like yourself [who love this stuff like we do] discover it and contribute. Ya never know, maybe it'll grow bigger and bigger... It'll be stupendous! Colossal! Maybe even mediocre! Seriously though, good to have you on board. :happy1:

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Destroysall on August 3rd, 2009, 11:19 am

Hi! I'm new here! I was recommended by a good friend over at the ClubTokyo board because I wish to find two episodes of the Stooges that I don't know the name of. I've been a long time Stooge fan, but I don't know most of the episode names. One episode that I wish to see is an episode where I believe it was Shemp, not sure, but he got I think a fireplace blower and was messing with it. When he messed with it, it would make a noise or say something, can't remember. Another episode I wish to see again is a western cowboy-like episode, I'm not sure if this is true or not, but the Stooges were chased by someone I believe, and Curly eats something like bullets. Like I said, I'm not sure, I haven't seen these episodes in a while.

Thanks!

Chris
Destroysall
Pumpkinbrain

Postby Lunkhead on August 7th, 2009, 9:09 pm

Hi, Destroysall. Welcome to the board!
One episode that I wish to see is an episode where I believe it was Shemp, not sure, but he got I think a fireplace blower and was messing with it.

That also might be CORNY CASANOVAS (1952) which we mentioned above. That's a Shemp short in which Moe uses a fireplace blower on Larry.
Another episode I wish to see again is a western cowboy-like episode, I'm not sure if this is true or not, but the Stooges were chased by someone I believe, and Curly eats something like bullets.

As far as the Curly western shorts, these come to mind:
In HORSES' COLLARS (1935), the stooges have to take on bad guy Double Deal Decker and his men. Curly goes nuts when he sees mice and can only be calmed when Moe and Larry stuff cheese into his mouth. "Moe! Larry! The cheese!!!" :curly1:
In GOOFS AND SADDLES (1937), Curly dumps bullets into a meat grinder which he then uses as a machine gun.
I haven't seen PHONY EXPRESS (1943) for some time, but I don't recall Curly eating bullets. I also don't remember him doing anything like that in WHOOPS, I'M AN INDIAN! (1936), YES, WE HAVE NO BONANZA (1939) or ROCKIN' THRU THE ROCKIES (1940).
It may likely be HORSES' COLLARS or GOOFS AND SADDLES you're thinking of.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Destroysall on August 8th, 2009, 3:34 am

Thank you Lunkhead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG, PHONY EXPRESS was it!!!!!!! It wasn't bullets, but actually moth balls, but that was the episode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1:

But on the fireplace blower, the one I remember is where Shemp messes with one, and as memory serves, it would make a sound like "B O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" or something like that. :laugh1:
Destroysall
Pumpkinbrain

Postby Lunkhead on August 8th, 2009, 9:08 am

You're very welcome, Destroysall.
But on the fireplace blower, the one I remember is where Shemp messes with one, and as memory serves, it would make a sound like "B O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Ah, I know I've seen the Shemp short with the B O sound, but I can't remember which one it is off the top of my head. I'll try to research that for you.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Lunkhead on August 8th, 2009, 1:23 pm

Chris, try FIDDLERS THREE (1948) for the Shemp B O short.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Destroysall on August 8th, 2009, 5:15 pm

Thank you Lunkhead! That was it!!!!!!!!!!!!! You've helped me a lot, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1:
Destroysall
Pumpkinbrain

Next

Return to Strictly Stooges