Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - Three Stooges movie finally going ahead

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

Three Stooges movie finally going ahead

Stoogemania anyone? Bring some boint toast and a rotten egg and get in for 1/2 price. Discuss the classic stylings of our favorite funnymen.

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

a Three Stooges movie finally going ahead

Postby Xenorama on December 8th, 2011, 1:29 pm

well, it's finally happening, and by viewing the trailer... well, I'm not as against it as I might be-

http://xenorama.blogspot.com/2011/12/th ... ailer.html

I hope it is as funny as this.
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

Re: Three Stooges movie finally going ahead

Postby moe-jo on December 9th, 2011, 12:58 pm

It actually looks like a good movie.
"I am not what I am." Iago, from William Shakespeare's Othello
moe-jo
Mongoose

Postby Lunkhead on December 10th, 2011, 7:07 pm

Might turn out to be a fun tribute. Goes without saying there's nothing like the real deal, but if it gets some younger kids interested in the boys, it's a good thing. I like that last bit with Moe eye-poking the gal through the box. Pretty decent impressions from the trailer at least.
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on December 18th, 2011, 9:56 pm

Can't wait, this ought to be pretty good, nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on March 24th, 2012, 2:25 am

Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk, less than a month away, I can hardly wait.

http://www.threestooges.com/#/home

You're right Lunk, looks like it'll be a good tribute.

Anything that honors the boys is a good thing.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby moe-jo on March 25th, 2012, 2:06 am

I'm excited. I'm actually thinking of going to the midnight showing.
moe-jo
Mongoose

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on April 4th, 2012, 5:43 am

moe-jo wrote:I'm excited. I'm actually thinking of going to the midnight showing.

I'm telling you, that ought to be a riot. Every stooge fan will be there, packed house, lot's of atmosphere. Yeah, that'll be more of being at the event rather than the movie itself.

Years ago, way back in the day, they took the stooges off the air, said they were too violent, everyone was jonesing for a fix of stooges. Royal Oak Music theater had a crack open a 12-pack of Curly's, it was jammed packed, standing room only, a ton of fun, theater manager was plenty happy, said he never saw the old joint rocking like that ever.

I think you've got the right idea there mo-joe, midnite or one of the very first showings.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby moe-jo on April 5th, 2012, 2:07 am

Well, DK, scratch the midnight. Just found out that the 13th is a Friday (:O) and I have class at nine. I will be there on Saturday, for sure.
moe-jo
Mongoose

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on May 3rd, 2012, 8:47 pm

Heading to the theater this weekend, ought to be fun.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby moe-jo on May 4th, 2012, 2:37 am

Saw the film and thought it was pretty good. Review on my blog here.
moe-jo
Mongoose

Postby jka12002 on May 5th, 2012, 12:24 am

I saw it on Monday, its a really good movie and i hope they do more. Great to see the legacy is being revived for a new generation :)

I was against the idea of fart jokes in a Stooges movie, but i think it fits in with the Stooge style of comedy.
jka12002
Moron

Postby Lunkhead on May 28th, 2012, 4:40 pm

I'll catch it on cable at some point I guess. I rarely go to first run films anymore for lots of reasons. Glad you folks enjoyed it though!

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on July 21st, 2012, 8:00 pm

Lunkhead wrote:I'll catch it on cable at some point I guess. I rarely go to first run films anymore for lots of reasons. Glad you folks enjoyed it though!

Hey LunKhead, how have you been? You've been like the missing link, ha, so have I but now I'm the "found link", ha!

The Three Stooges Movie!

I just rented it from BlockBuster, I loved it, 4 out of 5 slaps for any knucklehead and it's rated PG so your parents can watch it too, nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.

Granted, nobody can ever replace the boys, but the actors and the script did a fine job of paying honor to the stooges. I really admire how well the actors got all the manerisms down, the script played into the gags, plenty of the old routines revived in a fresh fashion.

I got to hand it to the Farley brothers for producing the Three Stooges movie, guts for attempting a next to impossible task for the stooge purists, all the credit in the world for getting it right, beyond what I was expecting.

Oh yeah, check out the "Stooge Mash", bonus feature on the DVD, it'll crack you up.

You know, I'll admit that I was hyper-critical going in at first, judgements were quickly erased, found myself laughing out loud, yeah, it was a very good movie for the stooge fan.

It truley paid honor to the boys..

By the way, I really like Glass Horse, just saying.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby TheStooge on September 12th, 2012, 8:43 am

I saw this movie. Didn't really care for it.
TheStooge
Pumpkinbrain

Postby Lunkhead on October 3rd, 2012, 8:34 am

I still haven't seen it.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

PreviousNext

Return to Strictly Stooges