Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - Spike TV and The Three Stooges

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

Spike TV and The Three Stooges

Stoogemania anyone? Bring some boint toast and a rotten egg and get in for 1/2 price. Discuss the classic stylings of our favorite funnymen.

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

Spike TV and The Three Stooges

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on June 21st, 2005, 7:47 pm

Ok everyone, Spike TV has been airing the Three stooges for the past couple of months. Spike TV has got off to an auspicious start to say the least but the stooges are on the air again!

Ok get a load of this letter I wrote to Spike TV!

Can't you nitwits start the three stooges slap happy hour on time and without running the informercials into the first couple of minutes of the show?!
C'mon! who is asleep at the switch! Smack the imbecile already! We're trying to watch the stooges here already and we really don't give a hoot about the latest skin cream for dames. What, have you got a glass eyed baboon running the show?! Quit being a lamebrain and start the show on time or I'll baste you in nitric acid and tear your tonsils out.
Best wishes
Uncle Mortimer

The newer little advertisments featuring the stooges are really funny, anyone else seen them yet?
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Spike

Postby Lunkhead on June 22nd, 2005, 8:20 pm

I've caught little of the Spike airings, but sounds like there's a lot to put up with. Like you say though, at least they're back on national TV.

I really do miss AMC's NYUK UNIVERSITY now. Even though it wasn't all 190, at least the shorts were shown without interruption. Ah, the good ole days (and it tweren't that long ago!)
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on June 27th, 2005, 6:08 pm

A friend gave me this link http://www.tv-now.com/stars/stars.html and you can find the latest listings for television shows. I found the first half of the July Spike TV Three Stooges listings. The listing is convoluted, I had to cut and paste it togeather and put it into order. It's a pain to put it togeather so if there is no interest, I'll happily skip it!
Without further adu,,,,

Friday, July 1
9am- If A Body Meets A Body 9:30am- Don't Throw That Knife

Saturday, July 2
9am- From Nurse To Worse 9:30am- Slippery Silks

Sunday, July 3
9am- A Pain In The Pullman 9:30am- Sappy Bullfighters

Monday, July 4
Withdrawl pains,,, no stooges.

Tuesday, July 5
9am- Rockin' Thru The Rockies 9:30am- Heavenly Daze

Wednesday, July 6
9am- Mutts To You 9:30am- Baby Sitters Jitters

Thursday, July 7
9am- Dutiful But Dumb 9:30am- Whoops I'm An Indian

Friday, July 8
9am- Men In Black 9:30am- Hokus Pokus

Saturday, July 9
9am- Idle Roomers 9:30am- Three Sappy People

Sunday, July 10
9am- Horses’ Collars 9:30am- Gents In A Jam

Monday, July 11
9am- Boobs In Arms 9:30am- Fifi Blows Her Top

Tuesday, July 12
9am- Back From The Front 9:30am- Goof On The Roof

Wednesday, July 13
9am- The Three Troubledoers 9:30am- A Bird In The Head

Thursday, July 14
9am- Violent Is The Word For Curly 9:30am- Hold That Lion

Friday, July 15
9am- Woman Haters 9:30am- Spooks

Saturday, July 16
9am- Calling All Curs 9:30am- Muscle Up A Little Closer
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Schedule

Postby Lunkhead on June 27th, 2005, 6:20 pm

Thanks for posting the SPIKE schedule DK. It's appreciated and will surely be useful to all chuckleheads here. :wink:
:thumbs_up1:

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

quite

Postby Xenorama on June 28th, 2005, 8:45 pm

i really enjoyed the Oily showing today!

David
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on July 16th, 2005, 9:16 am

I just guess that it is a matter of principal that the show starts on time with me so I wrote to both Spike TV and Wide Open West cable company, again.

This concerns the Spike TV Slap Happy Hour,,, 9:00 AM everyday, Channel 57 here in the Detroit area. Why can't you start the Three Stooges slap happy hour on time? Who is asleep at the switch? You have consistently have run infomercials into the beginning of the Three Stooges since its inception on your network. The show never starts on time, infomercials are allowed to run into it everyday.

I have commented about this by phone and by email but the situation has not improved nor have I received any type of reply. I support this show through my expensive cable payments and through the sponsors of the show, I expect to see a whole show, not something cut off in the beginning by infomercials.

Since I am going through the trouble to fill out your information form and this complaint, I really do expect an explanation in a reply about this at my email address listed above. This situation has been the topic of discussion of the most popular Three Stooges message boards on the internet and we expect an answer. We await your reply.

T M
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on July 16th, 2005, 9:44 am

Another cut and paste job from the TV stars web site for everyone.

Sunday, July 17
9am- Rhythm and Weep 9:30am- Income Tax Sappy

Monday, July 18
9am- Crash Goes The Hash 9:30am- A Snitch In Time

Tuesday, July 19
9am- Uncivil Warriors 9:30am- Hoofs And Goofs

Wednesday, July 20
9am- Dizzy Pilots 9:30am- The Hot Scots

Thursday, July 21
9am- An Ache In Every Stake 9:30am- Tricky Dicks

Friday, July 22
9am- Monkey Businessmen 9:30am- Outer Space Jitters

Saturday, July 23
9am- Higher Than A Kite 9:30am- Rip, Sew, and Stitch

Sunday, July 24
9am- Micro-Phonies 9:30am- Cactus Makes Perfect

Monday, July 25
9am- Punch Drunks 9:30am- Up In Daisy’s Penthouse

Tuesday, July 26
9am- Pop Goes The Easel 9:30am- The Ghost Talks

Wednesday, July 27
9am- Saved By The Belle 9:30am- Dunked In The Deep

Thursday, July 28
9am- Matri-Phony 9:30am- Listen, Judge

Friday, July 29
9am- Busy Buddies 9:30am- So Long Mr. Chumps

Saturday, July 30
9am- Hoi Polloi 9:30am- Healthy, Wealthy, and Dumb

Sunday, July 31
9am- Three Little Beers 9:30am- Dizzy Doctors
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Umday on July 17th, 2005, 12:43 pm

Thanks for the update Dangerkitty. Next sunday will be awesome, Micro-Phonies & Cactus Makes Perfect.

:curly3:
Umday
Grapehead

Spike

Postby Lunkhead on July 17th, 2005, 5:26 pm

Any reply from SPIKE yet DK? They should at least take time to give you an answer.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Re: Spike

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on July 22nd, 2005, 11:55 pm

Lunkhead wrote:Any reply from SPIKE yet DK? They should at least take time to give you an answer.

Nothing from Spike TV but this came in from Wide Open West,,,,

Thank you for contacting WOW! Internet and Cable,

Unfortunately, WOW! does not control the programming on that channel. WOW! simply re-broadcasts the signal we receive from the provider. In this case, the local provider for that channel would need to be contacted in regard to the infomercial. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you,
WOW

I wrote back,,,,
I suggest contacting Spike TV and informing them of this complaint.
Thank you
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on July 25th, 2005, 8:59 pm

:moe3: ~ Those mugs better ship up or shape out!

Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Re: Spike TV

Postby Brighto Salesman on July 30th, 2005, 6:45 pm

Just got back from a week at the NJ shore - North Wildwood - where I stumbled onto Spike's daily Stooge broadcast. It was a fishing expedition at first, since I didn't know what channel Spike appears on down there. While I don't like to bite he hand that feeds me, so to speak, I find it hard to believe that they s-t-r-e-t-c-h out a mere two episodes that are only around 17 minutes each over the course of a 60 minute program. That's about 26 minutes of commercial time, which seems excessive to me.

I will say that some of the Stooge musings they show between the actual episodes were entertaining. They even mentioned a 'no Joe guarantee' at one point. I don't know if that was a joke or if the meant it.
Brighto Salesman
Pumpkinbrain

Spike

Postby Lunkhead on July 30th, 2005, 8:46 pm

Does sound like SPIKE is a tough watch. I've seen very little of their airings.

Brighto, did you know the stooges are also on Philly's Channel 57, Sunday mornings at 10:00am? They show 3 shorts during the hour slot. The bad news is they are edited for commercial time. The good news is they have all 190 shorts. There is no schedule to consult - it's hit or miss, but I have caught a few of the 'missing 60'.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on October 16th, 2005, 8:48 am

Wow, you actually saw some of the missing 60, that's cool. Yeah sure, Spike does have alot of commercials but it pays for the air time. They did quite a few of the little "info-stoogo-mercials, a couple of newer ones have started to air.

Brighto, that little infomercial about Joe is actually a fake since Spike TV did show a "Joe" short. It was the short where Joe's mother comes back as "Birdy" the horse but thats the only one that I have seen since they have been on the air.

I will say this, Spike TV has been starting on time now and you get to see the entire "into" theme.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

lyrics to theme song, nyuk nyuk nyuk

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on October 22nd, 2005, 8:34 am

Iv'e got it, I've got it!
What?
A terific headache! slap smack
No wait a minute, I've got the lyrics to Spike TV's stooges slap happy hour theme song.
Well then, what are you waiting for? give!
Its' sung to the tune of Three Blind Mice, certainly!

Larry, Curly, Moe

Shemp and sometimes Joe,

Women think they're slow,

But everybody knows,

a poke in the eye and a kick in the rear

a saw on the scalp and a stick in the ear,

a poke in the head and a tip of a spear,

a bucket of paint and a barrel of beer,

pull up a seat, we're happy you're here,

It's the Three Stooges happy hour.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine